When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aaarrgh! The Misses loses watch!

Slartibartfast

Mrs Slartibartfast has lost her treasured Constellation. Thinks it went into the bin with the garden rubbish (now long gone with the weekly collection) :angry2:

She would love another, but would not trust the clasp which was always popping open, so won't let me replace it with an identical one.

She would like a TAG Link, which looks a good bet, but doesn't like the black dial version. She would like a white dial version, but I cannot find one in rep land. Have any of you out there seen one at any of our trusty collectors sites??

On the upside, I fixed both of Mrs Pugwash's watches yesterday. She's so happy she can wear her Radiomir and Crazy Hours now. I'm so happy that neither movement beat me. :D

Anyway, have you shown Her Indoors the Chanel j12? She's bound to 'settle' for one of those.

Maybe you can get her to try wearing a men's watch? I hear it is very fashionable these days, and miss Victoria pulls the look off quite well from what I've seen...

Yep, good idea. I tried offering her my Air-King, which is fairly small for a mens watch. But she thought it too big. She knows her own mind (and I know not to argue :whistling: ).

Maybe you can get her to try wearing a men's watch? I hear it is very fashionable these days, and miss Victoria pulls the look off quite well from what I've seen...

:winkiss:

Takes, a certain kind of build, age, and "look" though. Not impugning the poster's good lady wife's looks! Just sayin'.

Yesterday, I got my first 3 Radios.

First thoughts, fussy stupid little screws which will make strap-changing torture, and that's half the PAM rite-of-passage right there. Then I thought that they do look nice as dress watches, especially the 183h. My mother loved them for HERSELF, and that's always a good sign for ladies of a "certain age", if that is indeed the case with the poster's wife.

Show her the Tag Heuer a member gave his girlfriend:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=14263

(EDIT: Upon re-reading the post, realised your wife doesn't care for the black dial version. Shame because TTK had the white one...but that does mean it's OUT THERE)

And check out this thread:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=36006&st=0

Sounds as if your wife would be a good candidate for an Omega Aqua Terra. It will be just the right size and is available with a good white mother of pearl dial. Here is one from Perfect Clones with ETA movement.

294091-3391.jpg

Edited by jdavis