When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ready!

Victoria

For my first Davidsen model...the FIDDY! :)

I managed to scrape up a few dollars, since well, okay, August 7th is my birthday. I asked for and am being given the funds to get a DSN earlier than expected, woot!

But a few questions:

- The straps he gives one, are they any good? They look like (rep) OEMs, but decent ones.

- What colours did you get from him for your own Fiddy straps?

- Is there ANYTHING you advise I ask him to do, before sending the Fiddy out to me?

- And I've never bought a Western Union moneygramme. Any dos/don'ts or is it idiot-proof for the likes of me? :bangin:

Thanks, guys, in advance! I can't wait!

Howdy Victoria, congratulations!

Ask him if you can do a bank wire transfer. It will probably be cheaper than the WU fee.

For my first Davidsen model...the FIDDY! :)

I managed to scrape up a few dollars, since well, okay, August 7th is my birthday. I asked for and am being given the funds to get a DSN earlier than expected, woot!

But a few questions:

- The straps he gives one, are they any good? They look like (rep) OEMs, but decent ones.

- What colours did you get from him for your own Fiddy straps?

- Is there ANYTHING you advise I ask him to do, before sending the Fiddy out to me?

- And I've never bought a Western Union moneygramme. Any dos/don'ts or is it idiot-proof for the likes of me? :bangin:

Thanks, guys, in advance! I can't wait!

Howdy Victoria, congratulations!

THANKS, VLYDOG! :)

Ask him if you can do a bank wire transfer. It will probably be cheaper than the WU fee.

The only problem is that my parents are very wary of all this rep watch business, and don't want to have their names used in any way. I'm guessing one doesn't have to show ID or anything when buying a Western Union moneygramme, so perhaps it's best to stick to that -- they'd freak if the Feds traced this back to my dad...

(In dad's profession one is always getting auditted, alas)

Victoria,

WU is easy to pay by credit card online and they seem to have drop their prices, its only ~$14 to send $350 to China as an example.

Ooh, I didn't realise that. Heard it was closer to $40.

Congrats on the DSN fiddy!

THANK YOU, TMG! I forget if your straps are 24 or 26, but I'll wear them just the same. ;)

Well, given your present collection... this is a very nice addition! Congratulations and make sure to get pics up when it arrives!

THANKS! Of course I will. God, you won't get me to shut up about it for weeks. ;)

As I was PMing another member, I think I'm set now with the Fiddy. Getting another 111h, plus 113, and 177h from Andrew, and a modded 005 from TWP.

That's it, guys. I got no money even for straps, after all that. I can't even get a bag from Ken until Christmas! That really sucks, given my equal passion for handbags...

I have found the same exact transaction cost vastly different amounts depending on how you do it. I think by phone is the most, in person is second most costly, and via internet the least expensive.

Moneybookers is fair. Much fairer than WU.

Moneybookers is easy once you are activated.

I have found the same exact transaction cost vastly different amounts depending on how you do it. I think by phone is the most, in person is second most costly, and via internet the least expensive.

Great info, thanks, George. :)

Moneybookers is fair. Much fairer than WU.

Moneybookers is easy once you are activated.

It sounds British, and if that's the case, we ARE fairer. Just look at Will Hill's odds. *g*

It was freezing rain and I was stuck eating homemade curry!

Yuk!

(Gf is Jamaican)

You know curry has revolutionised our palates in Britain. Before we were into bland puddings and mushy peas (which however, I both adore), now we love CURRY! Except me, of course...

Just tell your gf to make you some jerk chicken and peas and rice next time, unless she is like me, and can't cook -- hence the repetitive cuisine offered by her. ;)

@Deltatahoe: THANK YOU! I am stoked! As for the *g* that stands for "grin". Some variations are *bg* and *vbg* (big grin/very big grin) but for those I just keep on adding the g's, as you might've seen. ;)

EDIT UPDATE:

Holy cow. From the WU site:

Selected Service "Money In Minutes"

Sending to Hong Kong

Sending from FL, United States

Amount to send $ 390.00

Money transfer fee* $ 42.00

Total estimated amount $ 432.00

That's online! PMed David asking for more info. :)

(LOL! I was tinkering with the options, and thought I had lucked out with "Quick Collect". Turns out that's for inmates in prison, only. God hoping that won't be the case for anyone here!)

Holy cow. From the WU site:

Selected Service "Money In Minutes"

Sending to Hong Kong

Sending from FL, United States

Amount to send $ 390.00

Money transfer fee* $ 42.00

Total estimated amount $ 432.00

That's online! PMed David asking for more info. :)

i've also found WU to be expensive -- it was ~$34 when i bought my great white from ttk (my first and only WU transaction). i'm not sure if they have the bank washington mutual in florida vic, but they have free international wire transfers -- i set up a small bank account at washington mutual (for free) just for this purpose....

hope this helps :victory:

deltatahoe

26mm Vic :)

I lucked out, TMG! Especially the GPF buckle. You're the best!

@Deltatahoe: Hmm, Wash Mutual. Every option is worth exploring to save my old man some money (he works like a horse for mum and me...), so thanks! And yeah, *g*, you can tell I'm a veteran of lo-res sites with that. ;)

Hmm, Wash Mutual. Every option is worth exploring to save my old man some money (he works like a horse for mum and me...), so thanks!

if you're old man is funding your watch addiction, he must love his little girl to bits :o i'm curious -- has he shown any interest in your watches?

deltatahoe

if you're old man is funding your watch addiction, he must love his little girl to bits :o

Only child, capiche?

And my boyfriend spoils me just as much...but I repay them by being a good girl (most times). *g*

(Ooh, it's the postman again!)

i'm curious -- has he shown any interest in your watches?

Nope. He knows I have them, sure, and both my mother and I have worn him down, buying him a few reps between us. But frankly, no interest at all. My boyfriend even less...so basically it's just my mother and I with the watch obsessions.

My friends think I'm nuts, obviously. :)

THANK YOU, TMG! I forget if your straps are 24 or 26, but I'll wear them just the same. ;)

It cost more in the US to pay WU online ... i go to the WU office that they have in the Food Markets here na pay considerably less .. cost me about 40usd for 350 usd <_< don't really care for it but Davidsen is WU or Bank Transfer .. but he usually splits the cost of the moneygram witha discounted price on the watch :victory:

I lucked out, TMG! Especially the GPF buckle. You're the best!

@Deltatahoe: Hmm, Wash Mutual. Every option is worth exploring to save my old man some money (he works like a horse for mum and me...), so thanks! And yeah, *g*, you can tell I'm a veteran of lo-res sites with that. ;)

OOOHHHHH... B) i thought *g* ... was for ..."all Good" as in it's all G .. or double G .... Snoop Dog that is..