When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buick and Lexus same quality?

rek001

So, have you heard that the latest JD Power survey regarding customer satisfaction and fewest defects puts Buick and Lexus in a tie for first place?

I think that's remarkable, and maybe a bit hard to believe.

What are your thoughts?

So, have you heard that the latest JD Power survey regarding customer satisfaction and fewest defects puts Buick and Lexus in a tie for first place?

I hear owning a Buick is like a tradition though. Customers are satisfied with the badge and this Buick is probably their 8th. It could smell of dead rats and they'd still be satisfied.

Lexus? Not surprised.

I read that Mercedes was around 20th in the quality survey... that a local watch magazine did. Behind Mazda, Toyota, Hyundai, etc.

I'm not a big car person... but even I know that you have to be on crack to claim that Hyundai is better car than Mercedes. :lol: These surveys are mostly useless... manipulated by jealous Skoda and Yugo drivers.

Edited by By-Tor

Also, JD Powers ususally doles out awards to American car companies based on "initial quality" meaning it doesn't take into account that sh!++y american vehicles break down as often as they ever have, and are about as exiting to drive as a cold bucket of spaghetti. I am an American, and i have bought nothing but Infinity since 1997, and am not on my 7th and 8th Infiniti's (G35 Sedans), and you simply cannot beat the bang for the buck. I might....in some far off reality....buy an American made truck, but that would be pushing it.

What are your thoughts?

Wow! I didn't think anyone read those consumer reports. I have no idea, but it seems that the US car industry got a competitive jolt in the '80s from Japanese auto makers, and it's the best thing that could've happened to them.

Tangentially, just yesterday my boyfriend was reading me (quite for quirky purposes) the top ten laundry detergents, according to Consumer Reports.

I happen to use, by accident, the one rated number 1. Tide with Bleach Alternative. :)

Who wants a Lexus anyways? Sorry but it looks like a cheap knock off of a mercedes. Could aswell be a Chinese car.

As for Quality, I'm pretty sure prosche builts the best cars in the world. I dont really like the design that much though. They are Okay, but they dont compare to a DB12

edit: LOL I just read the Vanquish needs 30liters of gas for 100km in the city. Thats sick :lol:

I think it holds some water. Buick seems to have taken over the legendary quality that Oldsmobile possessed before closing its doors. God knows Cadillac didn't pick up the slack for the American auto manufacturers...

Volvo wagons only for my daily drive, though--after the accident that I walked away from, I probably won't own another brand for some time.