When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Don't try this at home

TheDukeZip

what is that, like 95MPH... I guess that's about the norm here.

With the Merc, you can barely feel the MPHs shoot up, so often I look down at the speedometre, and I am astounded at my 85-100MPH that I'm doing.

I immediately slow down when I see this, because I am a veteran of too many "ticket clinics" to want to get pulled over by our overzealous Miami coppers, or get the points/pay money.

You know how they say that young people don't fear death, and therefore they are truly unconcerned about driving like maniacs? This is why you pay more for auto insurance when you're young. Well, I never believed that until it happened to me. I used to be a complete lunatic driving as fast as possible everywhere. 100MPH was slow for me, and since I've always had fast cars, that was my norm.

Then I had an accident, which wasn't my fault, but it sobered me up right fast. Today, 65MPH is plenty fine for me.

So who's the freaking old person now? ;)

EDIT: OH! I see my shadow, Ryyannon, reading this now. :bye1:

Stay tuned for his latest observation on me, my sleeping habits, and my terrific new avatar about the luscious Fabio Cannavaro. Or will he totally change track and comment on my musical tastes? Personally, I'm choosing curtain #3.

Yes! Keep it slow! Obviously there is something up with the photo before too many people scold me for almost killing people :) The car was parked and it has a diagnostic mode where you can make the dials sweep up and down and all the lights blink. If you time the photo right, the lights aren't blinking and it looks almost real. I would never get the engine that hot!!!

You're absolutely right. I saw the pic then saw the word Merc later on and my brain filled in the gaps. ;)

i know Pug it ain't your fault...you read the post of miss V...she was the first one that tought it was a Mercedes...hmm,girls!....that's a batmobile!

guys/gals..... the 06+ Acura speedo's have step motors in their guages. you turn the key to on and the needles reset from left to right to left again. I have a dedicated track car in my garage and me at 150mph, i cant make out any objects in my rear view mirror yet alone take a clean picture with one hand.

btw.... the rev limiter on the TL's is 7100rpm.

i may be wrong. he could be a better driver than me....

i know Pug it ain't your fault...you read the post of miss V...she was the first one that tought it was a Mercedes...hmm,girls!....that's a batmobile!

???

Normally, I don't take offence but come on, you numbnuts! I was talking about MY experiences with speeding. I HAVE A MERCEDES, hence "With a Merc"!

...now, who wants a sandwich and a beer.

I'm off to the kitchen in my barefeet. Hurry because I think my water is about to break! :p

Guys, he's already stated it was the start-up diagnostic mode. :D

I debated mentioning that in the first post but I thought it would be fun to see a few reactions first... bad decision on my part I guess. Oh well, no need to be on the lookout and get out of the way if TheDukeZip is on your tail, it's all good.

If anyone else has the same car and you want to know how to do this...

1) put your key in but don't turn

2) push and hold trip/reset

3) turn lights on

4) turn ignition to on (the notch before start engine)

5) quickly turn lights off, on, then off again (you have 5 seconds to do this)

6) release trip/reset, then push and release it 3 more times quickly (you have 5 more seconds to do this)

now you're in diagnostic mode. every time you press trip/reset the guages do a sweep and all the lights blink. Take lots of crazy pictures!

to exit diagnostic mode, just shut the ignition off