When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reducing the size of signatures?

Signatures are getting bigger. Much bigger. I just spotted one that was over 480x640 and that's just plain wrong for a signature really. A signature is supposed to be something related to the person posting, not just a fullsized picture of a bikini clad woman.

Nothing wrong with pictures of bikini clad women, I mean, I have plenty of them on my hard drive (fnarr fnarr).

But not as signatures at that size.

Any plans to have a limit on sig size? It's really starting to get incredibly untidy when reading posts.

K.

Great work Thomas! :)

On a side note, in the My Controls area, you can select to not see anyone's signatures. Personally I have them turned off because of this reason.

That is also true and a very good tip that I forgot to mention.

I was wondering the same thing. I am one with a big signature, and no one has complained to me yet, although I think I am more critical of it myself! Are there any qualifiers that can be added to the img tags such as size as a percentage (%) or pixel size as in standard html?

Thanks.

:blink:

I was wondering the same thing. I am one with a big signature, and no one has complained to me yet, although I think I am more critical of it myself! Are there any qualifiers that can be added to the img tags such as size as a percentage (%) or pixel size as in standard html?

Thanks.

:blink:

It's probably easier to edit it with Paint, where you can go to the "Image" menu...then "Stretch/Skew"...then you can set the height and width as a percentage of its original size.

Jon

Were here to read messages and trade knowledge on reps NOT flood each page we load with huge meaningless pictures that waste time loading the page. It slows everything down and just gets in the way.

Usil

Guest overboosted

Yes, But look at all these posts.

There is so much clutter in the avatar blocks now.........

<--------------------------

there is a hugh gap below all your signatures.

I say sig should be no bigger than avatar block, then it takes up no more room than no sig at all.

• 1 month later...
Yes, But look at all these posts.

There is so much clutter in the avatar blocks now.........

<--------------------------

there is a huge gap below all your signatures.

I say sig should be no bigger than avatar block, then it takes up no more room than no sig at all.

I'm surprised that no one has nailed you with this anal [censored], overboosted - your sig is so wide, it necessitates a horizontal scroll bar! Personally, I don't care unless you've got a page-long advertisement for a strap maker in your sig - that's too much!

[sig withheld in honor of Topic]