When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Our Breitling 'Super' reps are better than we think...

Rolexman

All the pics in this post are taken by me, directly from the 07 Breitling Chronolog.

Look at the date window. If I'm not mistaking the old 42mm Steelfish had the thicker date window frame but as we can see some 07 SOSF also have them.... left overs perhaps ^_^

303318-775.jpg

303318-776.jpg

Look at the two different pearls on the Evolution. Our BCE rep has the same pearl as the one on the second picture.

303318-777.jpg

303318-778.jpg

In my opinion it's almost impossible to get pointed out wearing one of these two super reps. You can always say that there are different versions.....

Cheers! :victory:

Edited by Rolexman

Some of us never thought the dials on our SFSOs were wrong. They're not at all wrong, regardless of rumours of a curved-tailed S and a thin date window. The only difference between our rep dials and the gen is the lume.

The problem comes from people comparing them with the base SFSO and not the one we have replicas of: the 2007 SFSO X-Plus. Square box on seconds, diagonal slash bracelet, bold date-window, straight-line base of tail on the S ...

This must be that new definition of Simple I've only ever come across on these forums. ;)

Three *Simple* steps to Heaven. (*sings* do-wop wop, do, do wop-wop) :)

Now there are three steps to heaven,

Just listen and you will plainly see,

And as life travels on and things do go wrong,

Just follow steps one, two and three.

Step one - you send your watch to The Zigmeister

Step two - he lumes it and sends it back to you

Step three - you wear it and it glows brightly

Well it sure seems like heaven to me.

The formula for heaven

@Rolexman

Exactly my thoughts!

Even the variations of details and finishes on the single Breitling GEN model (SFSO- XL size) is mind numbing...

- thick date window on first batch of SFSO X-Plus (just check some of those eBay photos of gens for sale)

- straight letter 'S' line - on the early batch, again.

- rounder 12, 6 and 9 o'clock numerals (old batch)

- lighter blue dial like the SFSO rep (the latest genuine SFSO comes with a highly pronounced deep-blue metalic dial effect on blue and black models - rep blue and black dials are not quite there yet)

- the very latest 07 gen SFSO comes with slightly thicker hour/minute hands and arrow tipped second hand which is IMO so wrong for a Superocean - the squared second hand should have stayed, the arrow tipped one looks more like a GMT hand to me :(

Anyway, all things considered, I still stand by what I said some time ago - IMO, the SFSO is THE BEST and THE CLOSEST rep watch ever made :) (so far anyway)

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola

I got the cheap one from Ruby and it looks okay.

Probably impossible to spot faws while on the wrist for Aliens out of RWG.

But, having said that, I do not like the Breitlings at all.

I was caught by Pix splendid pics...

I'm very sorry but after some Breitling I still don"t like them.

I like their new sub in fact...but that one is not repped yet.

Cheers

Stephane