When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Holding my breath, pins and needles...

Nanuq

I am hurting right now...

I've got FOUR watches that are either being processed for shipping, or are actually in transit. Even if I just had ONE of them right now arrive, I would be able to stop my watch-jones. But I swear to god, if one of them doesn't arrive soon, I'm going to go on a buying spree for something semi-useless like straps to pass the time and fill the void.

I'm going to sweating Ruby's next delivery big time. I have a bunch of handbags that my girlfriend wanted, and that is a far more conspicuous looking package-

The worst is that my package has arrived, but my bloody mail carrier NEVER actually knocks or rings to see if I'm in before taking my packages back to the central circulation place. Then, I have to wait a full 24 hours with my package already here and about 1000 feet from my residence. It drives me NUTS!

I actually pretended I didn't know that I had to wait the extra day the last time, and went and actually found my box amongst the pile. Don't think I can make that one stick again...less than a week later...

Edited by mezzanine

The worst is that my package has arrived, but my bloody mail carrier NEVER actually knocks or rings to see if I'm in before taking my packages back to the central circulation place. Then, I have to wait a full 24 hours with my package already here and about 1000 feet from my residence. It drives me NUTS!

I'm sorry... your complaint is so minor that it is borderline preposterous. Do you want to know what I have to deal with here with Canadian post? From kicking, to throwing, to dumping, to dropping, to stomping, to folding, to bending, to crushing. On top of that the mailman often takes days off and there is nobody to replace him - no problem - all the outstanding packages are stuffed into the same tiny principle mailbox, of course right after they are thrown against the pavement out of the truck... let's not forget the truck driver who frequently rips open the letters and packages hoping to find a surprise in there for himself....

Having to walk to headquarters and wait an extra day is nothing compared to the violence and sheer carelessness of the average Canada post employee, and I use the term 'employee' loosely, they are more like wild animals... the only being worse is the "canada customs lady" who is a b---h on only two occasions; when she's on her period and when she's off her period.

Be HAPPY you do not live where I live, or you would be on a steady course to creating a new reverse meaning for the term "mailman rampage"

I'm sorry... your complaint is so minor that it is borderline preposterous. Do you want to know what I have to deal with here with Canadian post? From kicking, to throwing, to dumping, to dropping, to stomping, to folding, to bending, to crushing. On top of that the mailman often takes days off and there is nobody to replace him - no problem - all the outstanding packages are stuffed into the same tiny principle mailbox, of course right after they are thrown against the pavement out of the truck... let's not forget the truck driver who frequently rips open the letters and packages hoping to find a surprise in there for himself....

Having to walk to headquarters and wait an extra day is nothing compared to the violence and sheer carelessness of the average Canada post employee, and I use the term 'employee' loosely, they are more like wild animals... the only being worse is the "canada customs lady" who is a b---h on only two occasions; when she's on her period and when she's off her period.

Be HAPPY you do not live where I live, or you would be on a steady course to creating a new reverse meaning for the term "mailman rampage"

That is brutal. I talked to the guy at the postal outlet today, and he told me that the problem I've been having- postal agents not even checking to see if you're around before leaving a claim slip- is a major issue for them. He said that 60% of the packages fall into the category of never even making it off the truck before being dumped on them to be picked up.

In terms of your problem....I truly believe it's a product of a uniquely canadian mentality. It's because we're so government-based, in terms of all of our services. Employees don't have any sense of responsibility. It breeds a lot of mediocrity and poor customer service. I'm sure it's not unique to canada, but I think it's probably worse here than in other places.

It's unacceptable that they should be able to get away with what you're describing. You should report the guy. Especially if they're failing to take even the most basic care of packages.

haha wow! Sounds like you've had a few bad experiences with Canada post. This is why you have to wrap your packages properly so they cant be damaged or easily ripped open..

"wild animals"

LOL

:lol:

Lonnie