When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another ETA 7750 group buy - All gone

ajoesmith

Hi Joe,

I'll go in on another if it fits my IWC 3717. I just picked up a 3717 from Joshua and the first thing I noticed was the herky-jerky sweep of the chrono seconds hand so I might as well get one these ETA 7750s before the Asian movmnt craps out. What about the day/date wheels? Any ideas where I can get the proper black day/date wheels for my 3717?

Joe - by the way, received my ETA 7750 from you as part of the first group buy yesterday. You rock! Many thanks.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Joe,

I'll go in on another if it fits my IWC 3717. I just picked up a 3717 from Joshua and the first thing I noticed was the herky-jerky sweep of the chrono seconds hand so I might as well get one these ETA 7750s before the Asian movmnt craps out. What about the day/date wheels? Any ideas where I can get the proper black day/date wheels for my 3717?

Joe - by the way, received my ETA 7750 from you as part of the first group buy yesterday. You rock! Many thanks.

Send your watch and mvt to The Zigmeister, he will swap the mvt and ask him to put a gen (black) swiss ETA day/date wheel. This is what I'll do with my 3717.

ok update

Need just 1 more person

1 - ajoesmith - ok

2 - magagne - PAID - OK

3 - archibald - Waiting for payment

4 - Tx Walker - PAID - OK

5 -

6 - promotersf - PAID - OK

7 - promotersf - PAID - OK

8 - satori- Waiting for payment

9 - leatherback - Waiting for payment

10 - PAMman - PAID - OK

joe (or anyone else willing to chime in), i am planning to purchase the new ultimate PAM 092 arktos which comes with a modified asian 7750 -- i don't know exactly what the mod is, but the 092 has a seconds subdial at 9:00 and date at 3:00. Do you think it is a major project to replace the modified asian 7750 with an ETA 7750. Thanks.

joe (or anyone else willing to chime in), i am planning to purchase the new ultimate PAM 092 arktos which comes with a modified asian 7750 -- i don't know exactly what the mod is, but the 092 has a seconds subdial at 9:00 and date at 3:00. Do you think it is a major project to replace the modified asian 7750 with an ETA 7750. Thanks.

Should be fine, all this does is to disable the chrono subdial counters at 12 and 6, otherwise the movement stays in it's native format. You may be ok keeping it with the Asian7750 as there is not as much strain on a movement in this configuration.

If you MUST have an ETA, you should have no problem except that the newer Asian 7750 movement's hands do not fit on an ETA, and The Zigmeister has had to use parts from Asian movements with the ETA movement to get it to work. You'll have to look at his reviews or ask him for the finer points of this movement swap.

Hope that helps.

Can you tell us what shipping/insurance method will be used for the $30 reflected in the paypal request?

I buy the movements at $300 each movement

Shipping is around $15 by registered airmail.

Paypal fees is around $13

so i came to a figure of $330 for everything, including the packaging costs i have to pay for this.

All in all im probably losing about $1/2 per movement that a member buys!

BUT ITS ALL FOR THE LOVE OF THE FORUM AND WATCHES!!

UPDATE

I will receive the movements very shortly and they will be posted it asap

Here is the updated list, few more places available

1 - ajoesmith - ok

2 - magagne - PAID - OK

3 - PAMman - PAID - OK

4 - Tx Walker - PAID - OK

5 - satori- PAID - OK

6 - promotersf - PAID - OK

7 - promotersf - PAID - OK

8 - lanikai - waiting for payment

9 - bebebe - waiting for payment