When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I made these.....

Got my Fiddy from DSN, so I decided to make myself some straps. It's been some time since I worked with leather, feeling a bit rusty. And I do need new glasses.... :(

Anyway, I'll get to it. Here's what I came up with:

16e95648.jpg

afd3775c.jpg

159f0f7d.jpg

eb4a5289.jpg

And here I am gardening, inspecting our Mexican tomatos... :whistling:

2674cc8e.jpg

Cheers,

Volker

Btw. Sorry about your problems with DSN's Fiddy, Vic, mine is absolutely perfect.....

Btw. Sorry about your problems with DSN's Fiddy, Vic, mine is absolutely perfect.....

I mean this genuinely, because I am happy for others around me, that I couldn't be more thrilled for you. No one should have to go through these pinpricks of bothers when you pay so much. That you didn't, AWESOME!

And hey! Great strap. I still have a 217h...if you make some, I'll buy one from you. :)

Wow, i'll get my coat.

Don't forget your hat.

(HEY! I had to get you for that picky inference. Not that you were wrong...........)

I take it you have experience then, i need to get one of those wheels to mark the stiches out!

Volker must be a master leathermaker, because those lines, with bad eyesight and all, are DEAD STRAIGHT. That leather is fantastic too.

Seriously, I'm down for one.

This below is a strap I'd love to see others try variations on:

Tailhook2.jpg

That's Savage's prototype for his new "Tailhook". I hope he doesn't mind my posting this, but I think he'll realise it might just generate interest...sweet sweet strap.

Thanks guys.... :rolleyes::)

Wow, i'll get my coat. I take it you have experience then, i need to get one of those wheels to mark the stiches out!

When I started working on leather in the seventies, :unsure: Al Stohlman's books were great inspiration (they still are, as a matter of fact). "The Art Of Handsewing" and, "The Stohlman Encyclopedia Of Saddlemaking", vol.1-3, or just the "Leatherwork Manual".

This below is a strap I'd love to see others try variations on:

Tailhook2.jpg

That's Savage's prototype for his new "Tailhook". I hope he doesn't mind my posting this, but I think he'll realise it might just generate interest...sweet sweet strap.

Now THAT is so nice, wow... :good:

Oh, is that Marizhooana, the doobage? Wow, awesome, Volker! Medicinal purposes entirely, of course.

But of course, dear.... even then it's a no no here. Our populist, so called liberal government, has definitely put an end to what was tolerated before :angry:

Beauftiful straps and those "mexican tomatoes" look like they might be a tasty variety.

Now THAT is so nice, wow... :good:

When I saw that, I said, WOW. Now THAT brother is a strap.

FxrAndy had better get cracking, experience-wise! If not, my custom will go to Savage. :p

But of course, dear.... even then it's a no no here. Our populist, so called liberal government, has definitely put an end to what was tolerated before :angry:

Good. You only need one addiction, Volker, rep watches! ;)

Very nice job with your strap mate. And your second set of photos kick ass. Great job. Do you make straps for sale? If so I would be interested in purchasing a couple from you. They look very well made. I have a 127 that is in need of a nice strap.

Cheers

TWP