When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

a few IWC pictures

yellomen

Just a few pictures of my beautiful IWC watches.

Both Ingenieurs will be modded somewhere in the near future (lume, AR coating and a better datewheel). Maybe the Cousteau Divers will be sent to Ziggy for a lumejob.

My favorite the last few weeks is the Ingenieur chrono... i find the Ingenieur automatic lightly boring these days, but the chrono really does it for me.

The good thing about these Ingenieurs is that the steel used for this watch has a great finish and feels like quality! I had the gen in my hand a few weeks ago and except a few flaws on the dial and lack of AR coating you really can't see any difference! Once the crystal is AR coated and the dial lumed the difference with the gen is close to zero. Absolute quality watches, the Ingenieurs.

For a review of the Cousteau Diver look here

For now i am still too crazy about them, so i can't part with them yet :)

3IWC-01.jpg

3IWC-02.jpg

3IWC-03.jpg

3IWC-05.jpg

3IWC-04.jpg

italiano, you got a great deal on that Cousteau- congrats!!

I had an Ingy and liked it...but it really needs double-AR.

I love the chrono versions of the Ingy's, but with the seconds @6, they're not a great investment IMO.

I'm still holding out hope that they're going to rep the '07 Ingy with the ceramic bezel. Unlikely because of the display back, apparently. Who cares about the display back!!!

italiano, you got a great deal on that Cousteau- congrats!!

I had an Ingy and liked it...but it really needs double-AR.

I love the chrono versions of the Ingy's, but with the seconds @6, they're not a great investment IMO.

I'm still holding out hope that they're going to rep the '07 Ingy with the ceramic bezel. Unlikely because of the display back, apparently. Who cares about the display back!!!

I second the problematic Ingy. Mine works like a charm dial-side down, but dial-side up will only give me about five-ten minutes. Someone said that the balance cap jewel might be loose, so I'm trying to use my novice skills to fix it, or replace the movement. With AR it is beautiful. But even without it, it still is beautiful. The reflections are just unavoidable. So, I only wear mine at night.

Thanx guys :)

As for the problems with the Ingenieur chrono i hear you. I had huge problems with it as well, untill Eddie had me sent it to a watchmakershop in china... it came back with around 40 hour powerreserve and running within COSC specification! Those asian dudes can do it... maybe it's an idea to ask a dealer to have it checked & serviced there, before shipping...

Ar...Ingy! My favour watch also but still haven't got them...Why? I would like to wait our maker rep the 2007 Cermaic Bezel version. And Ingy Chrono...Stay away from the problematic @6sec movement. Hope they service u well & enjoy them!

Best Regards,

Raymond

Congrats on your IWC collection Yello.

Funny thing IWC: before discovering RWG I wouldn't even look at that brand.

Now, I have 2 Ingies and a 3717 and damn, I love them.

Seriously thinking about a Panda too :o

Oh stop it... i am also considering the 3717 big time!! Hard to resist but broke as hell :(

And i'd also love a Portugieser chrono... and even have a genuine panda dial waiting. The dumb thing is that now i prefer the blue number version... maybe i should sell the panda dial.

thanx for the compliments guys :D When the mods are done i'll do some complete reviews, but that might take some time as the money jar is empty.