When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Atlanta to BAN Baggy pants

slay

I just read in the paper that C.T. Martin is about to BAN Baggy pants in Atlanta.

The article also said that in Delcambre and Opelousas there are already laws banning sport bras and tops that show your bra straps.

Add this to the list of:

- No Public drunkenness (which basically means you can only get drunk at home until they invent a machine that "beams" you home)

- No driving around after 1am when you are under 19 (but still able go to Irak and die for your "freedom")

- No drinking under 21 (in most states) plus the above

- No more than 1 minor in your car when you're under a certain age (was it 19? or 23?)

- You cant rent a car in almost all states under 25, and IF you can, you pay a HUGE premium

- Gambling is prohibited almost everywhere

- Priests can [censored] little kids and the church can buy them out

- Pat Tillman

- Pat Tillman

- Pat Tillman (!!!)

- You cant SMOKE in a Bar :lol:

- You cant smoke in a Club :lol:

- Strippers are not allowed to be closer than 10feet (some states)

- Prostitution is illegal

- Strippers are not allowed to undress themselves infront of audience (some states)

- Even Alcohol was banned sometime in the 20st (!!) century

I could go on and on and on and add some more stupid laws... but my point is, at some point, you will be as 'free' in america as they are now in Iran (alleged enemy).

I think I really have more freedom in any other western country than I do in the US, so why does everyone keep saying "United States of Freedom", IMO thats only BALH BLAH.

Ok now rednecks&hardcore_republicans, bring it on, tell me that YOU know better whats good for people than they do themselves :lol: and tell me thats its better for mankind that YOU dictate people how to live their lives :lol:

Ok now rednecks&hardcore_republicans, bring it on, tell me that YOU know better whats good for people than they do themselves :lol: and tell me thats its better for mankind that YOU dictate people how to live their lives :lol:

Why?

I couldn't possibily improve on what you've said, Slaya! :lol:

- Priests can [censored] little kids and the church can buy them out

That's like saying you can shoot people if you disagree with them.

Sure, it happens, but it's not at all legal and where proved is crushed.

Oh, and proposing a ban isn't the same as banning. What is happening, however, is that it's already illegal to show your underwear in some states. It's a bit silly, but if you accept there should public decency laws, all you're doing is negotiating where the line is drawn. You've already accepted that lawmakers can decide what's acceptable to wear and from then on, it's all haggling.

That's like saying you can shoot people if you disagree with them.

Sure, it happens, but it's not at all legal and where proved is crushed.

Oh, and proposing a ban isn't the same as banning. What is happening, however, is that it's already illegal to show your underwear in some states. It's a bit silly, but if you accept there should public decency laws, all you're doing is negotiating where the line is drawn. You've already accepted that lawmakers can decide what's acceptable to wear and from then on, it's all haggling.

If it comes to court after you shot someone just b/c you disagreed with him, you cant buy yourself out. But the priests could.

IMO they should have all gotten the chair AND give the millions.

Just because I dont like something, that doesnt mean I have to FORCE my oppinion on everyone with laws etc. (especially if its an opinion that most likely the minority of the people share)

Yep... time to move, US folks...

I'd love to tell you to come to France, but the country's not going well these day...

Spain, IMHO, is a must... prostitution IS legal, smoking weed IS legal, food IS great, girls are pretty... weather IS nice... growth rate is between 5 and 10% a year... What else could you ask for ???

The only thing that will truly halt and reverse the spiral is for people to begin acting with a sense of personal responsibility again. One cannot legislate morality.

Then we can get some of these ridiculous laws off the books.

How do we accomplish this reversal of the spiral? Get involved in the lives of others. Encourage self control, self discipline and a sense of responsibility. The Boys Scouts is a good place to start.

beprepared.gif

Well said Nanuq, love the Gif, takes me back to my days in Cubs/scouts, come to think of it we learned responsibility and leadership there that i carried on in my present career. Also i was instructing on a survival camp a couple of years ago and it was amazing how few people could not even light a fire, even with matches and lighters. They thought it was black magic when i pealed some flaky bark from a silver birch and lit it!

my point is, at some point, you will be as 'free' in america as they are now in Iran (alleged enemy).

I think I really have more freedom in any other western country than I do in the US, so why does everyone keep saying "United States of Freedom", IMO thats only BALH BLAH.

Ok now rednecks&hardcore_republicans, bring it on, tell me that YOU know better whats good for people than they do themselves and tell me thats its better for mankind that YOU dictate people how to live their lives

This is a stupid premise for a thread. I hope people choose to ignore this silly attempt to incite equally silly responses.

You are absolutely correct BaFin. I noticed the trend over 20 years ago when it became against the law to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk.

And 40 years ago, it was legal to discriminate on race and smoking was good for you. It's not all downhill. :D

Yep... time to move, US folks...

I'd love to tell you to come to France, but the country's not going well these day...

Spain, IMHO, is a must... prostitution IS legal, smoking weed IS legal, food IS great, girls are pretty... weather IS nice... growth rate is between 5 and 10% a year... What else could you ask for ???

I love living in Spain, sure we have anti smoking laws, we just don't obey them, sure we have wear a crash helmet laws, we just don't obey them......it's about personal choice here and real freedom and a joy of living.......crime rate is low and more importtantly aggravated crime is low, stuff gets nicked, neighbours fight, but old ladies aren't knocked over the head and raped for their pension money and no one takes a gun to school. The girls look great, the beer's cold and the sun shines all day.....perhaps that has something to do with it?

I love living in Spain, sure we have anti smoking laws, we just don't obey them, sure we have wear a crash helmet laws, we just don't obey them......it's about personal choice here and real freedom and a joy of living.......crime rate is low and more importtantly aggravated crime is low, stuff gets nicked, neighbours fight, but old ladies aren't knocked over the head and raped for their pension money and no one takes a gun to school. The girls look great, the beer's cold and the sun shines all day.....perhaps that has something to do with it?

Emmzy, with all due respect, dear fellow, you forgot the most important part of Spanish living: SIESTA. Woohoo!

The message our kids get is "MORE SEX MORE BOOZE MORE SKIN CELL PHONES RULE" over and over and over. It takes a determined effort to help them maintain a sense of reality in the midst of that barrage.

It's a natural cycle. We're the product of parents that were stoned in the 60s and we're now parents. We're reacting to our upbringing and the kids are rebelling. It's life.

We, the kids of the hippies, are pushing this vapid culture on our kids. The message they're getting is the message we're giving them. You can't blame anyone but us.

How old were people here when they had their first drink or their first [censored]? Younger than we'd like our kids to have been, inevitably, but it's ok because we were more responsible? How different are we to this generation?

I reckon the sooner the US gets away from over-protective neo-con christianity the better. Contraception isn't abortion, abstinence doesn't work, God isn't a substitute for good parenting.

This is a stupid premise for a thread. I hope people choose to ignore this silly attempt to incite equally silly responses.

yeah, when you dont know how to

I reckon the sooner the US gets away from over-protective neo-con christianity the better. Contraception isn't abortion, abstinence doesn't work, God isn't a substitute for good parenting.

:thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I forgot to mention the retarded pro-life movement in america! i guess they are too high on frankincense to see how this has wordked for some south american countries.

I'm from Atlanta. Home of gold grills, cadillac big feet cruisers, fish and grits, and baseball caps slightly tilted east...

I'm glad to see the baggy pants have to go though! haha ( i guess i'm a traitor).

I feel strange whenever I'm back home in ATL and i'm seen in public wearing my European ZARA suit with slim fit pants and fitted shirt......

In my opinion it's things like THIS that help society stay strong.

Thats why I'm a supporter for national service in the army. It kinda gives you the same experience as in the scouts. But on the other hand it kindof sucks to "force" people into this.

IMO the government should make sure kids have good&intelligent PARENTS and not dictate people how to live their lifes. Its obvious that a kid out of a good family is less likely to go around and shoot other kids!

Thats why I'm a supporter for national service in the army. It kinda gives you the same experience as in the scouts. But on the other hand it kindof sucks to "force" people into this.

IMO the government should make sure kids have good&intelligent PARENTS and not dictate people how to live their lifes. Its obvious that a kid out of a good family is less likely to go around and shoot other kids!

Not dictate how people live their lives huh??... interesting contradictions you have......

Smithers......

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

Maybe it is now time to point out, that on the top (Green) toolbar, 2nd from the left, there is an area called, "Forum rules"

It may be well worth a few taking time to re-read, (or read! this section.)

We are all for open discussion, but we are not here to moderate flamefests, or posts brokered to incite same.

There are countless other fora for this type of debate.

This is a watch forum.

If you need to seriously discuss other matters, do so in the correct arena.

Offshore.