When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Size Comparison BTW 127 and UPO 45.5

cib0rgman

Sorry no comparison shots of my UPO and 217 but some advice...

The 127/217 just appears a much bigger watch than the 2mm difference in diameter suggests.

A pic probably won't help. You'll need a wrist shot at the very least but even then...it depends on width of wrist rather than girth, as if the lugs protrude beyond the margins of your wrist (so you see no strap when looking face on), you'll look like your wearing a grandfather clock strapped to your wrist. Not a good look. Pugwash did a helpful drawing to explain this better a little while back.

This is one that needs to be 'worn' to be assessed' but my thoughts are that if you can carry off the UPO without much problem then you'll be fine with a 47mm Pam.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same, I remember Pug's Thread. The UPO actually looks good on my wrist I am getting the Pam fever and keep reading about the Fiddy, I think i will have to buy one very soon.

Regards

I have a UPO and a 44mm Pam (005) The Panerai wears larger than the UPO, and technically it is smaller, the CG on the side adds extra presence to the watch.So a 127 will wear a fair bit larger than a UPO. Don't be put of by it though, the 127 is a beautiful looking watch, something quite unique!

Hi .

pugs advice and pics are top notch explanation ... also i agre waht doc has mentioned above ...

My 2 cents for what is worth ... i had both UPO and 217 destro (leftie brother to 127) and i found both watches to be to big for me ... let me mention that i have 18cm wrist .

IN the upo case i must say it was maybe not the size of the diameter but just how the watch sit on my wrist ... it was never in one place one way i coud manage that is to size it tight ... but found that uncofortable and the other was loose but then it was all ower the place due to also the huge weight of it ... finally it started to get less wrist time in the meantime got the sfso witch is heavy but still smaller and i knew i had to let it go ...

217 destro is eve bigger watch and i mean bigger it was looking like picture nr3 that pug draw ... i loved that watch but the share size keept it in watchbox again and even i did not wanna seel it i eventualy let it go :(

Now i remeber when i was home visiting my parents in may my dad wore the 217 one day to shopping man that looked awsome (he has 21/22 cm wrist ) !

To conclude it comes down in the end is ahgain the feelin u have wearing this pieces if u dont mind wearig a big watch then great go ahead and do it :)

regards laz

The 127 might take some getting used to... But coming from the 45.5UPO, it will be faster than other watches. I have both, and the 217 sits flatter on the wrist. Go for it. Unless you try it on, you will never really know. (which is the reason I might have to get a BR01 in the end.. just to givethe 46*46 square a try!)