When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Double AR Coating Run #1

k2222

So we have some members interested, and like i said i will give sample pics tomorrow so if You don't like the result just email me about that. I will prepare special form with Name, Adress, Amount of crystals, boardname etc. for everybody who like to participate in this run. If You are in just post it here and email me please, and i will give You all detailed info where to send the crystals and my cell number just in case. Shaneadamski@gmail.com

PICS UPDATED IN MY PHOTOBUCKET http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd225/k2222_photos/

1 Ajoesmith- 3/4

2 Sssurmer- 1

3 Maximilian- 1

4 B16A2- 2

5 Rhes4- 1

6 Discovery110- 2

7 Anton - 3

8 Mezzanine 3

9 Vlydog 1/2

10 Crytonic 1

11 Docblackrock 2

12 Coolfire 1

13 Bertieng 1

14 Subzero 4

15 Bklm1234 2

Edited by k2222

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in for three crystals.

*also, if someone in NA can do a crystal removal as well as replacement, please let me know via PM

*another question: chieftang wasn't able to get the crystals fully coated (meaning there was an area of the crystal that had a 'lip' without AR) because the metal and the crystal expand at different rates for the durable coating AR that was used. I read that this won't be an issue on this run, but I'm unsure whether that means that the AR will not be of the 'durable' variety, being that the same problem would seem to apply....?

Edited by mezzanine

So we have some members interested, and like i said i will give sample pics tomorrow so if You don't like the result just email me about that. I will prepare special form with Name, Adress, Amount of crystals, boardname etc. for everybody who like to participate in this run. If You are in just post it here and email me please, and i will give You all detailed info where to send the crystals and my cell number just in case. Shaneadamski@gmail.com

PICS UPDATED IN MY PHOTOBUCKET http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd225/k2222_photos/

1 Ajoesmith- 3/4

2 Sssurmer- 1

3 Maximilian- 1

4 B16A2- 2

5 Rhes4- 1

6 Discovery110- 2

7 Anton - 3

8 Mezzanine 3

9 Vlydog 0

Sounds interesting k2222, but please beware. If you're getting the right coating (mil spec durable), there has to be a lip. There is just no way around it. There are two possibilities here: (1) It's a different coating that is less durable, which will allow different fixturing in the chamber; or (2) there will be a lip despite what the company says.

Don't mean to rain on the parade. But I just don't think you'll be happy with a coating that looks the part but doesn't hold up over time. PM me if you want to talk more about specifics.

Crystal i shown in my photobucket is domed like hell, and still looks amazing, but for all Panerai people here ----- please wait after this run is done, i was told that they will make special shade of AR coating, not that purple like IWC or Breitling is, but closer to this kind of yellow?gold?sephia? Panerai is using. But first we have to complete this run for Blue/purple tint.

Edited by k2222

@k2222

.....I was browsing your 2 threads and thought, yes...hell...I will have my PAM187 crystal done.....but if you are planning for a special PAM-AR-run..you have your first entry.

So count me in foir special PAM-run with 1 or 2 crystals :D

Theo

P.S.: ... great that you are from EU!

Now we doing only double run with blue tint, let see how it works ok?

Seadweller4000 - I hope that this run will star ASAP, but laboratory will make (like i said before) metal colar just for us so it will take about 1 week, so i think You can sign in.

Ok we almost done!!! Coating proces is in 2 days (laboratory needs 2 days for it - we not starting in 2 days!!!!!), i need to take all your crystals to laboratory, they got make set of metal colars for us, it is about 3 max 5 days, striping rep Ar will be done in 1 day so it should be everything done in about 2 - 3 weeks maximum.

PM sometimes doesnt work so if sombody didnt get reply from me (i PMed everybody) just email me

Edited by k2222