When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Double AR Coating Run #1

k2222

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok we have 30 people ready to go!!! Now please EVERYBODY email me at shaneadamski@gmail.com , so we can proceed

I will send special form for each of You ,just put this to Your envelopment with crystals and send it on my adress, i will give my cell# too so everybody can call and ask any questions.

Be sure you know what type of AR coating you are getting. Very important!!

There is no solution to the lip with the "right" coating. Gen crystals have a special fixture that completely encircles the crystal that are custom made to specific tolerances for the exact crystal diameter and substrate. The "lip" on these is all the way around the edge of the crystal instead of 180 degrees apart like you have seen on runs #1-4. There is no way any coating company will custom make fixtures for our runs. I don't care what they're telling you. If you send them 20 crystals with 20 different diameters, the cost would be astronomical. The cost for a single custom fixture is over $1000.

Further, if you're being told there won't be a lip then you're not getting the "right" coating. The coating needs to be applied at a very high temperature in the chamber which causes expansion and contraction of the crystal. Without a lip to account for this, the crystal would come unfixtured and break. The lips can NOT be minimized unless you know EXACTLY how much each crystal will expand and contract. For our runs the crystal substrates vary from good quality sapphire, to mediocre, to poor, to glass (not sapphire). All of these materials will behave differently under temperature and therefore you must compensate for the worst by using an appropriately large lip.

Clearly, this requires the company to be forthright about their coating. What type of coating is it? At what temperature is it applied? How do they account for glass vs. sapphire variances? Etc.

There are certainly alternative coatings to the one I've used. None are as durable. Not many are as good at inhibiting reflections. Know what you're getting. Bottom line. If you can live with a coating that is likely to craze in a year or so, then go for it.

just follow this link

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=46760

Chieftang, please ckeck my photobucket, this is very thick crystal like 8mm, and there is a lip, but not even 0.5mm. And i'am sure thats a milspec coating made in 300C

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd225/k2222_photos/

Edited by k2222

ok can i book in 1 spot for 1 crystal.. but k2222 because my watch is in indonesia with my friend (trying to get it AR'd there) but i don't think he can do it.. so my watch will be back on the 7th.. but yeh i'm still waiting for his answer whether he can do it or not. if not then i would like to book a place.. so is that ok.. if i just have a pending spot in this (ill give u an answer within 2-3 days or so) thanks man

I just emailed and PMed everybody here, and on other my post about coating, so i have a special form with all info. like my full adress, telephone #, amount of crystal etc so please if someone didn't get Pm or email contact me ASAP.

I have no internet at home at the moment :o

I'm saving these threads and taking them home to read, and I'll let you know next week, but I'm interested.

Also I will need to find out where and how to remove my crystals.

Thanks! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So we have some members interested, and like i said i will give sample pics tomorrow so if You don't like the result just email me about that. I will prepare special form with Name, Adress, Amount of crystals, boardname etc. for everybody who like to participate in this run. If You are in just post it here and email me please, and i will give You all detailed info where to send the crystals and my cell number just in case. Shaneadamski@gmail.com

PICS UPDATED IN MY PHOTOBUCKET http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd225/k2222_photos/

1 Ajoesmith- 3/4

2 Sssurmer- 1

3 Maximilian- 1

4 B16A2- 2

5 Rhes4- 1

6 Discovery110- 2

7 Anton - 3

8 Mezzanine 3

9 Vlydog 1/2

10 Crytonic 1

11 Docblackrock 2

12 Coolfire 1

13 Bertieng 1

14 Subzero 4

15 Bklm1234 2

16 bdavid 1

Everybody who like to participate please fill the form i sent to You, and email me back via email, so we can have full documentary here, print one copy too and put to the envelopment with crystals, once again my watchsmith will strip your old AR coating, so no worries.

Chronus Your pm box is full, cant contact you.

Edited by k2222

So we have some members interested, and like i said i will give sample pics tomorrow so if You don't like the result just email me about that. I will prepare special form with Name, Adress, Amount of crystals, boardname etc. for everybody who like to participate in this run. If You are in just post it here and email me please, and i will give You all detailed info where to send the crystals and my cell number just in case. Shaneadamski@gmail.com

PICS UPDATED IN MY PHOTOBUCKET http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd225/k2222_photos/

1 Ajoesmith- 3/4

2 Sssurmer- 1

3 Maximilian- 1

4 B16A2- 2

5 Rhes4- 1

6 Discovery110- 2

7 Anton - 3

8 Mezzanine 3

9 Vlydog 1/2

10 Crytonic 1

11 Docblackrock 2

12 Coolfire 1

13 Bertieng 1

14 Subzero 4

15 Bklm1234 2

16 bdavid 1

Email me please at shaneadamski@gmail.com, like i said before i will clear your crystals before (my watchsmith will)

As You all know i emailed or Pmed back every single messege, so if You have any questions i'am for your disposition, if i'am out of my computer (cant stay here 24h/day) i will email You back in few hours for sure, just like to do it very proffesional.

This is double AR coating, high durabilyty with blue/purple tint

You can see how it looks here:

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd225/k2222_photos/

Price is 55$ (PPed shiped and full striping existing AR)

-You dont pay before the whole coating process is done

Just email me for more details

Edited by k2222