When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Radio - online talkshow with callers?

Admin

So I'm planning to do a "real" radio show using the RWG radio. This will be at a set time and I'll double the capacity on the server so that we can have 100 listeners simulatniously, if this is of interest. We'll play som music, take calls from members around the globe, etc. Now, RWG is a globale community and it is hard to find a time that fit all members. Most of our visitors are from the US and europe, so I figured a show around 23:00 GMT would be doable, as this is in the afternoon in the US and very early morning in Asia. we would of course record the entire show and make it available to all members. So how 'bout it? Would you be interested in listenining to something like this? Also, if you have any ideas for such a show, members you would like to hear online or interviwed, let me know. Maybe let the members create a list of questions? The possibilities are endless ;)

Well, I think its a really fun idea, but like you say this forum is a melting pot of people from different cultures. The "talk show" section I assume would be primarily aimed towards the English speaking group who represent the overwhelming majority. When you first started the radio there were 26 people listening when I logged on. These days, it's in the low single digits. I think its good to try and spruce it up into something more interactive and amusing.

Sure, sounds like a laugh.

However, if bandwidth is costing an arm and a leg, is a radio the best solution? :Jumpy:

We have a set amount to use every month. I was given a choice of 100GB of traffic pr. month or 300GB pr. month from the ISP we are currently using. Currently we use anything between 150-200GB each month, so we still have some available.