When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New feature: Youtube clips in post

Admin

Yes doc, youre probably totally right, i would have made a better impression by not saying anything at all, especially after youd just pulled us up on using the feature.

What you was trying to do was absolutely the playground thing, you pointed my post out, for all to see as an example.

Even now admin are saying that its available to all members.

Yes youre right ive been on here for ten days, only now im starting to think why would any new person want to be a 'contributing member' or vip when youre 'trying' to hold them up.

Im sorry if i didnt make a good impression to you. But beleive it or not, you certainly didnt make a good impression to any new posters.

The only way any one can make a good impression in your eyes it seems is to become a vip, anyone else can be damned.

Maybe thats why the other boards are struggling, at the time the old members thought they was the bees knees and new blood had no place between them thar walls.

Now as admin sai. the feature is free for all to use, so we may be better off just keeping this thread on track regarding youtube.

Unless of course, you want to carry on 'flaming' all the newbies

Sorry, but that's how it looked from this side of the fence.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, ive been buying reps for the past four years and have in the past ordered ten. I wasnt here for my 'best sub'

I was here to speak to people who share the same hobby as me, to learn new information as to whats happening lately and also maybe to help others.

Is that such a bad thing. Is it solely up to you to say who stays and who goes, id certainly hope not. Thats the hierarchy again is it.

I joined this site because i wanted to be part of a large forum, where we can share different views on reps and our experiences.

That is the aim of the site. Im in three other forums and have been an active poster on them. I would have liked to try here as well though

Just read the thread you said, and rightly so it does say on there that there trying to make it for vip members, but when i saw 'this' thread it never said that, so how was i to know, i havent read every single thread, havent had enough time and i apologise if i missed that one.

B

Post #16

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=47186

For the record, I'm not the one going round pulling up members to donate, far from it, but you obviously have some chip on your shoulder.

Go buy your "best Sub" and move on :rolleyes:

Obviously there was a misunderstanding, so leave it at that. You thought Admin posted the VIP only in the initial thread, MKUltra felt that you were singling him out for being a non VIP. You may not be the one pulling up people to donate (it's not a donation if you're harrased, ridiculed, or embarrased into doing it Ryannon), but there are a few who are (even with people who haven't been here 24 hours yet) and it's creating the playground tension MKUltra's talking about. He posted a video in a video thread and the following post questions his ability to do so. From his perspective (and mine) it looked like you were saying: "Admin, admin, he's not a VIP He can't do that!"

For the record, Admin casually mentions that he's maybe thinking about possibly making it a VIP option perhaps, in the middle of a thraed about someone who's locked out of their account. That was viewed 100 times by 16 different people. I'm sure 99% of the people here didn't read that.

The condescending quip about the best sub only makes it look like MKultra was right in the first place.

Edited by giorgio

For the record; the feature was originally supposed to be available to the VIP members and in a private PM conversation I mentioned this to docblackrock, hence his comments. When the feture was installed, I changed my mind and made it available to all members. So just a little confusion added to your life by the admin ;)

@ Giorgio what would be your first post @ trc, rwi ect if RWG was not there in the morning? It is not about ridicle it is about morals!

I totally get that Andy. You take something from here, it benefits you, you give back *if you can*.

But it's starting to look like "if you don't donate, you can f*ck off".

I haven't made , many friends here 'cause I get upset when people are rude to others, look down on or talk down to them, etc. and I'll stand up for a stranger who's been knocked down anytime. Both in here, and in real life.

Today in the middle of a thread a couple of guys [censored] on a noob on his first day. "Does he expect us to help him for free?". "Why should he get the benefit of our knowledge without contributing?" Contributing on his first day? Granted, this thread was just a miscommunication, but that other thread was not. And that's changing the tone of this board and causing little misunderstandings to escalate into arguments.

It almost feel like "come on in! what, no VIP? Don't let the door hit you on your way out" But it's not coming from the staff. That's the odd part.

P.s. I'm a slow typer and I agree with TwoTone %100

@ TT i will stop, when we have paid the bills or i am warned off.

@ Giorgio, I am not trying to be rude and i have tried to be helpfull to every one, noob (and i hate that term) or not. I too have stood up for the smaller man in my life, i wear the medals to prove it. Yet i see ever more people who cry "what is the world going to do for me"? with out them ever contibuting or even showing the willingness to contribute. In the last 20 years i have come to see there are two sorts, the burden and the carrier. Every one at some point needs to be carried or pointed, in the right direction, educated or shown the light, once that way is found then it is the DUTY of those persons to turn around and shine the light for others. In this case that light costs more than a candle (but not much) shine that light!!!

I searched for comradeship, i found it not in brother in arms, i found it not in the life on two wheels, i search still and i give still, mayby i find freindship here!

I suggest you all listen to TT and get this topic back on track. I have repeatedly said that donations or upgrades to VIP are volunteer, even when I ask people to step up, these contributions should be volunteer. And we do not get any new VIP members or new donations by treating non-paying/donating members like they are second class members. Please have that in the back of your minds. And for the record; we have reached our goal for this month ;)

I suggest you all listen to TT and get this topic back on track. I have repeatedly said that donations or upgrades to VIP are volunteer, even when I ask people to step up, these contributions should be volunteer. And we do not get any new VIP members or new donations by treating non-paying/donating members like they are second class members. Please have that in the back of your minds. And for the record; we have reached our goal for this month ;)

Job done going to bed

This is exactly how I feel, and it's great to hear it from THE Admin.

(I actually signed up before I read this post, but reading it would have made up my mind)

That's class.

Sorry, but that's how it looked from this side of the fence.

A final note if I may....

Giorgio, regardless of how it looked on your "side of the fence" (an interesting phrase by the way given your attitude) it was neither my intention or belief that certain features of this board should be a "perk", just that we ought to be careful given the rise in people drawing attention to this hobby of ours using video uploads. I said as much in my reply to Laz.

How I read your comment was less "standing up for a stranger" as you oh so righteously claim, but more defensive and even a little paranoid about "VIP" membership, probably triggered by Admin's initial fundraising plea and Ryannon's "name and shame" thread. I notice you have during this thread, now chosen to support this board which I ackowledge although I also respect it was also your prerogative to choose not to do so in the past.

For the record, I have no interest in being "a VIP", in fact if truth be told, if anyone is expecting so-called perks of the VIP forum etc. they will be sorely disappointed. I can't remember the last time I visited never mind posted there. It's fairly dead in there last time I looked. Check my profile, either GD, Repair or the brand forums mainly. If I sell, it never goes VIP first, not my style as I believe in this place as an all-encompassing community. So why anyone would think I give a rats ass about who "deserves" to use a bloody YouTube feature would be laughable, if I didn't resent the accusation of elitism so much.

I like to think I contribute here in many ways, reviews, sharing info, helping new members etc. and if you and mkultra had checked that before jumping to conclusions and pointing the finger, I would have appreciated that. My sarcasm about "best sub" came from annoyance, given mkultra's similar sarcastic tone of communication. I was wrong to assume a 10-day old member was just looking for a new Sub and sharing his non-watch related videos with us all (although we do see these people all the time). But given his response, that was my assumption ok? It's not for you to judge who's right and wrong. My only regret is that I should not have stooped to the same level, but at least I won't make that mistake again.

Honestly, the sooner Admin changes the name to 'Supporter' the better IMO, if this how some of you think. :huh:

And as TT says, enough with this "us and them" mentality, time to get back OT :tu:

Admin - all this grief thanks to your bloody Norwegian Blue parrot :lol:

Doc, please, what was up with my response, or would you have just preferred it and kept quiet in the corner after you tried to highlight my post.

I never jumped to conclusions, it was you who decided to highlight my post.

Actually the only conclusion that id originally jumped too, was that most people on here shared the same hobby, wanted to ask questions and wanted to help others if they could.

My qualm was never about me not becoming a vip, im in two minds about that right now. It was about you highlighting the post as vip only when it never said such a thing on the post.

I have found in this world that some people are clever, i have also found that some people try and make themselves look clever by ridiculing others. Me personally, i proclaim neither to be clever or mistake free. To quote Popeye and Jesus. 'I y'am what I y'am'

I think we need a new tag to dispell the insinuations of elitism between VIP and 'ordinary members.'

Just to level the playing-field, I suggest that 'VIP' be changed to Worthless Wan.k.e.r..

Who could possibly be offended by that?

Needs to be an acronym though Ry but still :lol:

Oh and talking of my concern around misuse, lookie what we have here... :blink:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=47607

cheers, that had nothing to do with what youd originally put though. All youve done is highlighted another posters work. As if that had something to do with this. but havent said anything about it on their thread.

Lets just get back to posting youtube clips on here ow, what thr thread was started for

Oh and talking of my concern around misuse, lookie what we have here... :blink:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=47607

Eight posts to his name, and the ninth is (correct me if I'm wrong) a big no-no?

But let's not get critical...too many people's feelings have been hurt lately...perhaps Admin. should just award him a Worthless Wan.k.e.r. umm,...I mean a VIP upgrade to reward him for his efforts...I mean, we don't want anyone feeling unloved around here, do we?

Because when you upgrade on RWG it's better than sex.

Makes your toes curl up in ecstacy? Check.

Makes you break out in a cold sweat and your breath hot and sticky? Check.

When finishing reading threads, you break out a cigarette, a Macanudo, or a Yoplait yoghurt?

What? Like I'm the only one who eats yoghurt, post-coitus. Come on!