When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New feature: Youtube clips in post

Admin

Dear members

You can now embed YouTube clips in your posts. To do this you will need the ID of the Youtube clip. So how do you figure out the ID of a YouTube clip then, I hear you asking? Well, lets take a look at the link of a youtube-clip;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H6DSoqZz_s
The clip ID is everything that is behind the v= in the link, so in this example the id is 2H6DSoqZz_s So to embed the clip in your post, you just hit the YouTube-button in the post-editor; youtube.jpg And insert the code inbetween the youtube tags. It should look like this;
[youtube]2H6DSoqZz_s[/youtube]

The result will look like this:

Yet another improvement to RWG from the RWG team ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to a minor problem with this feature, it has been temporaily removed. It will probably be added back later today, provided I have time to fix it. And yes, this feature will only be available to supporting members.

Nooo i just spend like 1hour on uploadin my first video to youtube ;)

later then .

laz

Nooo i just spend like 1hour on uploadin my first video to youtube ;)

Assuming you're being sarcastic here Laz ;)

Probably goes without saying Admin, but maybe worth spelling out for some new members who have paid up for VIP immediately, that it is NOT a good idea to upload rep watch stuff to YT to share with us here, so please don't!!!

:ph34r:

Safari ;) but no biggie....

Oh and I thought for security reasons, this was a VIP (sorry "Generous Benefactor") feature only? Not judging by the post above this one :huh:

Oh im very soory Doc, it never mentioned anywhere at all that it was a VIP feature, i just saw the post and uploaded the clip.

So if im not a VIP yet, am i not supposed to be posting anywhere?

Can I even read the forum if im not VIP. Im not sure now, as obviously some are Vip without saying it.

Maybe it would be better if us newbies left the site alone that way all the VIP members can post among themselves, until they get bored again.

Sorry if i sound a bit arsey folks, but it doesnt say VIP anywhere it was posted in general discussion. Its like the kid in the school yard saying 'youre the new boy, the teacher said youre not allowed to play hide and seek with us' whn the teacher said no such thing.

Assuming you're being sarcastic here Laz ;)

Probably goes without saying Admin, but maybe worth spelling out for some new members who have paid up for VIP immediately, that it is NOT a good idea to upload rep watch stuff to YT to share with us here, so please don't!!!

:ph34r:

Close Doc ,but not the case i had a minute and a half gag i pulled on a friend the last day but due to shooting it in super fine vga on sony t30 the file was 87mb ... it tokk an hour and 20 minutes to upload it to youtube just to give me an error at the end at 100 percent ... go figure :huh:

regards laz

Close Doc ,but not the case i had a minute and a half gag i pulled on a friend the last day but due to shooting it in super fine vga on sony t30 the file was 87mb ... it tokk an hour and 20 minutes to upload it to youtube just to give me an error at the end at 100 percent ... go figure :huh:

regards laz

Hi lz, i have had the same problem. You should however be able to convert the clip to a web streaming file, which should be a lot less mb.

Will take a lot less time that way, although the clip wont be quite as sharp.

I think anything with a lot of mb now come up with an error. I had a 2 minute clip approx the sme size as yours and it was continuously uploading for two days with no joy

Oh im very soory Doc, it never mentioned anywhere at all that it was a VIP feature, i just saw the post and uploaded the clip.

So if im not a VIP yet, am i not supposed to be posting anywhere?

Can I even read the forum if im not VIP. Im not sure now, as obviously some are Vip without saying it.

Maybe it would be better if us newbies left the site alone that way all the VIP members can post among themselves, until they get bored again.

Sorry if i sound a bit arsey folks, but it doesnt say VIP anywhere it was posted in general discussion. Its like the kid in the school yard saying 'youre the new boy, the teacher said youre not allowed to play hide and seek with us' whn the teacher said no such thing.

:brow:

OK in one respect you're right, it was discussed in another post and in PMs, so I thought Admin had made that clear upfront in this post. But anyway my post wasn't aimed at you personally, just flagging up the issue, so I really don't know what your problem is? <_< Great first impression you made there after, what 10 days as a member? :rolleyes:

Embedding YT clips IS a security issue which is why a lot of sites don't allow it. The VIP/Supporter thing is nothing to do with your assumptions of some pathetic schoolyard hierarchy, but everything to do with keeping this place safe. Ok?

I don't know if the problem has been fixed, but the three vids I posted last night in Off Topic have reverted back to code today*.... strange, since several others posted by TT still work.

Please let us know when it's ok to continue posting from YouTube?

*Most likely because I wanted to add a few comments and opened the editing function - when I re-posted the edited comment it probably updated into Admins. no-run modification.

Clear?

No?

Well, upgrade your membership or make a donation and I'll send you a personal explanation along with some dirty pictures from France!

Yes doc, youre probably totally right, i would have made a better impression by not saying anything at all, especially after youd just pulled us up on using the feature.

What you was trying to do was absolutely the playground thing, you pointed my post out, for all to see as an example.

Even now admin are saying that its available to all members.

Yes youre right ive been on here for ten days, only now im starting to think why would any new person want to be a 'contributing member' or vip when youre 'trying' to hold them up.

Im sorry if i didnt make a good impression to you. But beleive it or not, you certainly didnt make a good impression to any new posters.

The only way any one can make a good impression in your eyes it seems is to become a vip, anyone else can be damned.

Maybe thats why the other boards are struggling, at the time the old members thought they was the bees knees and new blood had no place between them thar walls.

Now as admin sai. the feature is free for all to use, so we may be better off just keeping this thread on track regarding youtube.

Unless of course, you want to carry on 'flaming' all the newbies