When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pugwah avatar

gran

My apologies if I unknowingly used an avatar that is a member of the family or ancestor of anyone else on this or any other watch-related forum.

If someone used a photograph of my ancestor as their avatar, I'd wet myself. What an honour.

And WHO the HELL is related to Gollum??

I'm sorry, but this needed to be asked.

OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Do you know how long I have searched for a similar photo of the Kaiser's daughter, the grandmother of the present Queen Sofia of Spain, in her Death's Head Hussar's uniform?!

Years! Or at least, months. Ryyannon, you're a treasure!

P.S.: And Crown Princess Cecilie too!

Wow. Not sure I following what's going on in this thread. I'm still trying to digest the fact that vbarrett knows who this is in the picture. Very impressive.

Wow. Not sure I following what's going on in this thread. I'm still trying to digest the fact that vbarrett knows who this is in the picture. Very impressive.

Thanks, Tx Walker. :D

Just to keep this on topic, Princess Viktoria-Luise (called Sissi by her intimates, like the famed Empress of Austria) was a watch collector. She and her father both. When Red soldiers invaded her husband's palace in Brunswick in November 1918, they tried to palm off her watch collection from her bedroom. She stopped them with a sour look in her eye.

In fact, one of the first outsized, pilot type wrist-watches I EVER saw being worn by a man, was one of Kaiser Wilhelm II en pleine Guerre Mondiale, surrounded by his two grandsons, Prince Louis Ferdinand and Prince Hubertus.

This must've been circa 1916, because he was already wearing puttees (didn't become the WWI norm uniform until around 1916).

I have also been searching for that photograph for years, so if anyone finds it, please PM!

P.S.: Remember, I am a Historian. And it so happens that this is my speciality subject. I am VERY flattered at the kind word, but really, it's like being astonished a medical doctor knows what bronchitis is. ;)

Well let me ask this first.. Is Klink retarded or does he just not speak english well? Half his responses to posts dont even make sense. Seems a litte stange for a Moderator. Maybe Klink is related to gollum? The kinda talk the same haha

I'm glad Pugs here with us. Hes been a big contributor to this forum. I like how when you now go to RWI and look at one of Pugs posts or reviews.. all you see are the pics about who stole his bucket LOL

Life is good? wtf?

LOL

And WHO the HELL is related to Gollum??

I'm sorry, but this needed to be asked.

Maybe Klink is related to gollum? The kinda talk the same haha

Finally, someone got the joke.

It wasn't because, as was suggested by someone, that he's performing fellatio (it's a fish, people. Get your minds out of the gutter). The reason I chose Gollum was because that's how I read Klink's posts, in that Gollum voice. :D

Why that pic? It's the only one I could find with his head at the right angle to fit in that helmet. Oh, and it's funny.

Anyway, it was supposed to be a little light-hearted joke and blew out of all proportion because ... well, we're on the internet. It's what happens.

ps. Read Klink's gibberish posts in a Gollum voice and you'll see why it's funny. Life, my precious. Good, yes, yes?

• 3 weeks later...
Let me get this straight.

Gran is offended by a photoshop picture created by Pug (Which is pretty damn funny), but sees no problem with the half naked woman avatar he's using?

ryyannon calls out pug for making fun of a supposed ancestor of Klinks, but see no problem using the "Bagdad Bob" avatar wich is used jokingly around the world.

:huh:

At least she is wearing a watch ;) its on topic :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: