When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

44mm 1950??!!

azgjav

First this is not a radiomir...

It is a fantasy 44mm version of the fiddy.

yupz, i know, can tell the difference between a luminor and a radiomir :p..but kind of interesting tho, wonder will the 44mm fiddy appeal to most pple..the main attraction of the fiddy, imho, is its size and crystal distortion..this fantasy model has none of that..should i buy it should i buy it should i buy it? nah, i'll wait and see.. :)

don't buy it...if you wanna a fiddy get yourself the real version...the 47mm...buy the asian unitas...and if you don't like it and it is too big for you....you can always sell it for the same price...

thanks for the suggestion but..well, i've tried my friend's real fiddy early last yr and i've decided that the size is just too big for my 6.5" wrist.

although the distortion and case shape makes it appear smaller than 47mm on the wrist, the lugs extends 2-3mm away from my wrist and if u look at it straight on, u can only barely see the straps at the lugs only and not the curve around your wrist, kind of like putting the watch head without the strap on ur wrist, gross!

and i doubt a 47mm which wears horribly will get into my rotation of watches..44mm luminors all the way!

Guest overboosted

Puretime's is Swiss movement, Aspire's is Chinese movement.

It mat be unaccurate but some of use are into watches not 100% accuracy. I like it and will pick one up eventually, cause the 47mm 1950 doesn't work for me.

i completely agree with overb... i always like the classic design of the fiddy, but even with a 7.5" wrist, i find anything more than 44mm to look and feel... awkward. i think trying to make a 47mm 'fit' on a small wrist is contrary to the intended aesthetic. i'm very tempted by puretime's beauty, but i've got a lot of other models on my wish list... like a really sweet, well made arktos with eta... maybe later in the year.

Sounds like a fine plan Dani.

Mulitply it by two and I will pay top dollar ;)

Sounds like a plan to me..I will need to see the watches before i order new dials and stuff since the dimensjons can be off.

I will send you a pm before i order from Paul bro and will talk :victory::yu:

I agree completely :D

I bought a 47mm 1950 from Josh and ordered a 26X24 strap from TC with a pre-V buckle in dark tan with gold/tan stitching. The day the Fiddy arrived I carefully mounted the strap and wiped it all doen and put it on my wrist and in about 30 seconds I took it off :wounded1:

It just looked foolish on me.

But I love the sandwich dial and the high domed crystal even more so the brushed case with polished bezel of the Fiddy. I have one more spot in the watch box I bought just for Pams and have been seriously considering a 'Base' but this one might just change my mind!