When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Big Bang

veyron

Hello,

I'm very interested in the Hublot Big Bang. But when i looked at trustytime i saw they have 2 versions of the steel and rosegold version. The cheap one is 320 euro's and the expensive one 540 euro's. But on the pictures i don't see any difference. Does somebody now what the difference between this watches are (except price difference of 220 euro)

Thanks!

Reg Veyron

I ordered the ss/ceramic 718.00 usd , if your going to spend this for a Rep(avery good one) may as well go all the way..don't you think ??.. this model (ss/ceramic) is "supposed" to be the most accurate .. some of the other models that should be full ceramic case is PVD case .. the rose gold is also very accurate but check with Joshua or Andrew.. I really like the rose gold but I would have to wear it to "certain" events or "places" to pull it off.. for me it would look out of place for your ordinary everyday wear.. hambone has the rose gold version and it looks magnificent .. it should be worn with a suit ...IMHO ..

but i feel that the ss/ceramic can be worn casually .. and i like the multi colour dial..

How is the experience with the "gold" in this model of the Big Bang? I have always been recommended to refrain myself from "gold" replicas because sooner or later they wear out... But having heard that this model is so accurate, and looking at the price makes me wonder if there is anything I am missing. I would not want to be so dumb as to believe the "gold" is better just because the price is 200 higher...

How is the experience with the "gold" in this model of the Big Bang? I have always been recommended to refrain myself from "gold" replicas because sooner or later they wear out... But having heard that this model is so accurate, and looking at the price makes me wonder if there is anything I am missing. I would not want to be so dumb as to believe the "gold" is better just because the price is 200 higher...

the Gold will not wear out easily it is 5 mil thick ... that is a very , very ,.. thick plating .. plus price differences depends on the bezel being ceramic or PVD.. the genuine is ceramic.. and it is the same one used on the genuine..

Both watches have asian movement, so what is the difference?

the more expensive models have ceramic bezels.. and are the same ones that are used on the genuines... bezel factory is in china.... some of the other lesser models are PVD bezels or ss bezels ...

the ceramic bezels can fit on the genuine watches.. (same ones) .. hence the price difference

the Gold will not wear out easily it is 5 mil thick ... that is a very , very ,.. thick plating .. plus price differences depends on the bezel being ceramic or PVD.. the genuine is ceramic.. and it is the same one used on the genuine..

5mil thick, you might mean microns thick but not 5mil!

did not know they made hbb's with pvd bezels?? could you please post a link of some the hbb's with pvd bezels.

the HBB with PVD bezels are supposed to be ceramic.. sorry no pics you would have to ask the collector to email u the models and pics .. he advised me that the genuines are ceramic and the model i was first interested in was pvd bezel, because i found the ss/ceramic more to my liking .. there is a difference in the pricing of ceramic.. it is the same maker that makes the bezel for the genuine

hmm. kinda confused i think. every hbb i ever saw with a "black" bezel was always a ceramic bezel. never saw one with a pvd bezel....are you possibly thinking of a pvd case? i know the black magic has a pvd case with a ceramic bezel and the ice magic has a pvd case with ss bezel. anybody else know of a pvd bezel???

hmm. kinda confused i think. every hbb i ever saw with a "black" bezel was always a ceramic bezel. never saw one with a pvd bezel....are you possibly thinking of a pvd case? i know the black magic has a pvd case with a ceramic bezel and the ice magic has a pvd case with ss bezel. anybody else know of a pvd bezel???

with the amount of sleep i get you may be absolutely correct.. i confuse myself... but i was told of the difference when i was trying to decide on the model i wanted

Question regarding the Tuiga special edition (solid caseback version)...

On Hublot site, the picture of the genuine shows it with a Tantalum case and non-CF dial.

Replica has two versions 1) steel case and 2) rose gold -- both with CF dials.

Are the rep versions fantasy or is there a gen model that matches?