When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi, my name's TeeJay...

TeeJay

I've tried to deny it, I've tried to hide it, and I've tried to repress my urges, but I've 'fallen off the wagon' :omg:

I was given an offer I couldn't refuse, and now have a 111h, black dial on brown leather, on order. Not as a 'regular beater', but to add some diversity to my collection :lol:

Pics to follow next friday :victory::yeah:

Edited by TeeJay

That is the end TJ you cant have just one!

Well, I really wanted a 112h, but that wasn't part of the deal, so I had to go with the closest. I'll probably also get a PAM 1950 (I refuse to use 'the F Word' as it's a bit 'Ghettoriffic' :lol: ) as that's what Orlando Bloom wore in Elizabethtown, and, although I've not watched the film, nor am even a huge Bloom fan, my interest for collecting movie memorabilia allows that to qualify thus :lol:

Excellent choice to start the habit... ;)

hee hee, I said 'phile' not 'holic', this is a perversion, not a habit ;):lol:

Joking asside, I'm really looking forward to getting it, even if it does wind up as a paperweight 99% of the time. I'm sure I'll find some opportunity to wear it ^_^

Edited by TeeJay

Well I found my will power again, and I ended up selling my only Pam, which was the Davidsen 005 on Vanilla strap. The watch was sold, but the strap is still here.

I am looking to buy a gen early next year, so I reduced my collection somewhat, and unfortunately the Pam had to go. I will say though, I could have very easily have spent alot of

Elizabethtown, and, although I've not watched the film, nor am even a huge Bloom fan

Watch it. The film is horrible, but Kirsten Dunst is lovely (as always).

Well I found my will power again, and I ended up selling my only Pam, which was the Davidsen 005 on Vanilla strap. The watch was sold, but the strap is still here.

I am looking to buy a gen early next year, so I reduced my collection somewhat, and unfortunately the Pam had to go. I will say though, I could have very easily have spent alot of

Edited by TeeJay

I've tried to deny it, I've tried to hide it, and I've tried to repress my urges, but I've 'fallen off the wagon' :omg:

I was given an offer I couldn't refuse, and now have a 111h, black dial on brown leather, on order. Not as a 'regular beater', but to add some diversity to my collection :lol:

Pics to follow next friday :victory::yeah:

You are amongst your own. Welcome, dear friend. :group:

Touch my straps, and I'll cut you!

You are amongst your own. Welcome, dear friend. :group:

Touch my straps, and I'll cut you!

Hee hee, I wouldn't dream of touching your straps (see, I said this was a perversion rather than a habit :lol: )

Out of curiosity, where did you get your PAM strap which is mid-brown leather (possibly calf-skin) with blue stitching? I think something like that would look fantastic on the PAM I gave Emily's step-dad for father's day. The strap it came on is a mid brown leather, but I think the stitching would really go nicely with the hands (which stand out more due to it having a brown dial)

I'm tempted to get a Strap Culture strap for myself, I'll see how good the fitted strap is when it arrives :)

Bound to happen. No surprises, really. DSN's 112H is very nice BTW. Once you get used to the 127 it probably won't leave your wrist. Ever.

I don't know, my preference for overall 'styles' of watches remains Diver's Watches. I think that the way a PAM strap fixes to the case so low down, makes it appear to 'sit bigger' on the wrist than say the Omega 2900.50.91, which has more sculptured sides, and a strap which goes right to the edge of the bezel. I like the aesthetic of Panerais, but I can't see them ever becoming my favorite brand. I used to really like Rolexes, but Omega did a similar, but superior product, so took Number One preference. Panerai's product isn't similar enough to Omega's product to do a similar thing ;)

Hee hee, I wouldn't dream of touching your straps (see, I said this was a perversion rather than a habit :lol: )

It is a perversion. I'm a total strap pute! ;)

Out of curiosity, where did you get your PAM strap which is mid-brown leather (possibly calf-skin) with blue stitching? I think something like that would look fantastic on the PAM I gave Emily's step-dad for father's day. The strap it came on is a mid brown leather, but I think the stitching would really go nicely with the hands (which stand out more due to it having a brown dial)

I know just the one you're referring to.

pam112hwedbe0.jpg

tootallmoroccansunsetqp2.jpg

PM Tootall on RWI, since he's not on here regularly. Tell him you're interested in the Moroccan Sunset you saw on Vic's Wrist-check once. I'm sure he'll oblige very quickly in making you this BEAUTIFUL strap. :)

I'm tempted to get a Strap Culture strap for myself, I'll see how good the fitted strap is when it arrives :)

I don't know, my preference for overall 'styles' of watches remains Diver's Watches. I think that the way a PAM strap fixes to the case so low down, makes it appear to 'sit bigger' on the wrist than say the Omega 2900.50.91, which has more sculptured sides, and a strap which goes right to the edge of the bezel. I like the aesthetic of Panerais, but I can't see them ever becoming my favorite brand. I used to really like Rolexes, but Omega did a similar, but superior product, so took Number One preference. Panerai's product isn't similar enough to Omega's product to do a similar thing ;)

Teej, don't get the SC. Really. It's bad quality leather. Get their buckle for $30, and mount it on other straps. I would hate you to buy a $100 strap which is tough, and creosote-smelling knowing how much each of our

Unfortunately, PAM replicas are like crack, and I've become Robert Downey, Jr.

I own a lot of gens -- Tutimas, Sinns, Omega Speedmasters, Maurice Lacroixs. None of them generate nearly the same number of compliments that the replica Pams get on my wrist. And to be honest with you, it's those ego-feeding compliments that just push me to buy more, heavily modify them, and then sport them on my wrist.