When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rugby World Cup

ahchard

Our french members might not be happy today as they lost to Argentina...

Dont' worry about that dude, french are not dead (i hope .....)

But it's the French Problem : pressure !!!

Anyway it's perhaps the best result that french players need to feel free and win the WC !!!

ALLEZ LA FRANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to throw the cat among the pigeons, I can't get enthusiastic about union. Rugby League on the other hand is the best team sport in the world.

Cheers Johnkaz. :o

Correction Australian Rules footy is the best team sport in the world, in every other game you are basically given the ball in AFL you have to go in and win it!

Ken

Come on, its like comparing chess and checkers! :D

I do feel that is a little harsh on Rugby union checkers is draughts is it not. But seriously neither of the disciplines could be described as simple. There have been contests over here where a league and a union team play against each other at both games, league of course triumphs. Also the players who switch when asked always say league is the tougher physically.

Cheers Johnkaz. B)

Yea I have heard players say that but I have also heard them say rugby is physically harder. It does not really matter as everyone thinks the sport that they follow is better, I live in one of the most league oriented cities there is and have been to a few state of origin games but I have played rugby since I was 6 so obviously prefer it.

Back to the wc, I am surprised how poor England and Ireland played against much lower rated sides and to a lesser extent Wales and Scotland. Ireland are making hard on themselves now, as I am sure for and against points will be important in determining who goes through in that pool.