When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Air-King with Blue Dial

World Traveller

I received this watch last week, I like it, it's a simple watch that is small and very comfortable. I like the blue dial very much. Here's some pictures of it.

It has an Asian movement, it has a very smooth comfortable bracelet. The bracelet lacks half links to resize and the rolex clasp doesn't have the micro-adjustments that the Explorer II clasp has.

DSC02663.jpg

DSC02660.jpg

DSC02656.jpg

DSC02651.jpg

DSC02649.jpg

Youtube clip of it

• 2 months later...

Um, I can really understand liking this watch, the brain functions that go into desire, wanting possesion of an object that one sees and decides to eventually have. You looked at it, liked it and paid money for it. But I am telling you this to be real and honest. I, in good conscience as a quasi-watch aficionado/collector seeing another such person in what appears to be dire need (which is in DIRECT contrast to my outward evil, mean-spirited bastard persona I cultivate in my offline life) CANNOT let you go around in public with this [censored]ed-up loooking "replica," if you can even call this bullshittingly ugly hunk of Cambodian pot metal a replica. This is exactly the watch that Rolex SHOULD be prosecuting in regards to counterfeit goods. This watch wouldn't fool a dead man, let alone a blind one. I wouldn't even give this watch to someone I hated!

God bless your soul, Traveller, I am half-inclined to take up a forum donation fund for you to get an Air King (which is an elegant, understated timepiece, I mean, I'm in love with my Explorer Model No. 14270) from Andrew or Josh that will allow you to go to your local swap meet or Lion's Club function and hold your head up high!

So, for the good of Rolex SA and Good Taste and your diginity, put this piece of trash in a dark corner of your junk drawer. I would say throw it away but I want you to always keep it so that when you get a real replica or a genuine Rolex, you can refer to this Air Crap and see how close you came to the brink. This watch is a post card of what I want to be your last trip from the edge.

Please use the search box provided and type "Air King" and look at what is on display. Please select a nice one, preferably without a red dial. :o)

Um, I can really understand liking this watch, the brain functions that go into desire, wanting possesion of an object that one sees and decides to eventually have. You looked at it, liked it and paid money for it. But I am telling you this to be real and honest. I, in good conscience as a quasi-watch aficionado/collector seeing another such person in what appears to be dire need (which is in DIRECT contrast to my outward evil, mean-spirited bastard persona I cultivate in my offline life) CANNOT let you go around in public with this [censored]ed-up loooking "replica," if you can even call this bullshittingly ugly hunk of Cambodian pot metal a replica. This is exactly the watch that Rolex SHOULD be prosecuting in regards to counterfeit goods. This watch wouldn't fool a dead man, let alone a blind one. I wouldn't even give this watch to someone I hated!

God bless your soul, Traveller, I am half-inclined to take up a forum donation fund for you to get an Air King (which is an elegant, understated timepiece, I mean, I'm in love with my Explorer Model No. 14270) from Andrew or Josh that will allow you to go to your local swap meet or Lion's Club function and hold your head up high!

So, for the good of Rolex SA and Good Taste and your diginity, put this piece of trash in a dark corner of your junk drawer. I would say throw it away but I want you to always keep it so that when you get a real replica or a genuine Rolex, you can refer to this Air Crap and see how close you came to the brink. This watch is a post card of what I want to be your last trip from the edge.

Please use the search box provided and type "Air King" and look at what is on display. Please select a nice one, preferably without a red dial. :o)

-_-:huh::lol:

Well... I agree in a way.. The older A-K is much classier!

I wasn't trying to hurt feelings. I was speaking to him EXACTLY how I speak to a real friend, a good friend I care about and lovve. A real friend tells you the truth about situations. I said not only what i felt was true but also what everyone on here was thinking when they viewed this post. His post languished on the second page with no replies. There's a reason for that. I am telling him the truth. This watch is beyond fantasy. :thumbdown:

The only thing that has more fantasy in it than this watch is running around Santa Barbara county and his name is George Lucas. :lol:

Thanks for the support, ChrGod!

Edited by bscblue

I love the way some people feel their opinion is more important or better than someone else's :rolleyes::mellow:

World Traveller likes the watch and that is all that matters. bscblue where are your posts showing one of your watches you like?

You are not being helpful in any way, just nasty. If you can't see that maybe you should have a bit of a re-think on what you post.

Blue - Yes Traveler's watch is not part of the Rolex line-up, but he likes it (as do I) & a simple 'Nice, but that is a fantasy watch.' would have sufficed. You hurt MY feelings just reading your commentary, and the watch is not even mine. Lighten up, please.

Its not as fantasy as you think, this pic was taken from the Rolex website.

NewAirKing.jpg

I just wonder why the "6" is not orange coated as the rest :huh:

Please use the search box provided and type "Air King" and look at what is on display. Please select a nice one, preferably without a red dial. ohmy.gif

WOW - Don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel.

I like it. The old styling wasn't classy, it was BORING.

Cool watch!! I like it and the rolex markings around the chapter ring are very subtle just like the gen. All in all this appears to be a fairly accurate rep - the only thing i can notice is the lack of a dash betwee the Air and the King other than that this watch looks great, love the guilloche pattern on the inside circle of dial..Very nice wear it in good health!

I stand completely and utterly corrected! Everyone it seems, even Rolex, has fits of the gaudy every now and again. I went and investigated the official site. Please forgive me for calling your watch a fantasy.

Griffith, you're right; the Air King is boring. Not at all a feast for the eyes like this. But if this repast is the banquetof which Auntie Mame spoke, I'll continue to be the poor devil who starves to death!

But there is one thing that I do not apologize for, and that's for telling you not to wear this watch. It's hideous. Really. Get a classic Air King. Or Spongebob Squarepants watch. Anything but this. ^_^

Mickey, thank you. I'll make note of how you feel and be sure to change myself in accordance with that so that you'll like me.

Edited by bscblue

I would hardly call myself an Internet tough guy. But I'm not shrinking violet. Integrity is knowing when you're wrong and admitting it, even on something as simple and frivolous as this. I was wrong; it's not a fantasy watch. That does not stop it from being unattractive, gauche and completely out-of-touch with style. But since I am not married to him, not his boss and do not pay his bills, I guess what someone says on an Internet discussion forum is immaterial.

But I am the Fashion Police and this watch is a violation. You are welcome to take this up with the judge if you feel you've been given this ticket in error. Mickey, you can defend him. But how on earth can you defend the indefensible? :p

I would be the last to pick apart someone elses choice in watches, everyone is different, and as long as you like it, then you need no validation from anyone else. That being said, I really do not understand this years new designs from Rolex. I can't really describe it other than to say that their newest designs are too "in your face". I do like the "rolexrolexrolexrolex" engraving around the inner bezel, anymore than that is overkill IMO. Diamond tiger stripes for the Date Just and that rediculous looking Yacht Master II are too much for me to look at. Its hard to believe that the same folks also came out this year with the new GMT Master II (the Stainless Steel version), its a nice update on a classic, not too much or too little.

Cheers B)

I think that is indeed the real question being asked here: what is going on with the new Rolex designs?

I have to admit, I've always admired the old Yachtmaster. It just did it for me. I could never buy one because a) cannot afford it and B) if I did afford it, I'd have to live in my car. That's too L.A. for me!

The new Yachtmaster is a "in your face" but not in bad way. Compared to the old one, it's like putting Joan Collins next to Sharon Stone. The old one is stately, sensual and will always look classic and elegant. The new one is equally as attractive and it has the benefit of new features and a sexier look without being trashy. Both are instantly timeless.

These new Datejust and GMT Master models are simply Rolex trying to keep up with the Bling Quotient. They may not be understated by a long shot, but it's supposed to up their hipness factor a great deal. Rolex, compared to other brands, appears, and is, more conservative than other brands. But they wanna show their decadent, over-the-top style too. That don't mean we gotta buy into it!

I would hardly call myself an Internet tough guy. But I'm not shrinking violet. Integrity is knowing when you're wrong and admitting it, even on something as simple and frivolous as this. I was wrong; it's not a fantasy watch. That does not stop it from being unattractive, gauche and completely out-of-touch with style. But since I am not married to him, not his boss and do not pay his bills, I guess what someone says on an Internet discussion forum is immaterial.

But I am the Fashion Police and this watch is a violation. You are welcome to take this up with the judge if you feel you've been given this ticket in error. Mickey, you can defend him. But how on earth can you defend the indefensible? :p

Everyone has their own unique taste, and while I agree this watch is not something everyone can agree is a work of beauty, I find it has a pretty unique look and you know what - its not half bad in my opinion, definitely not something I would wear, but not something I hate, either. I think the Hublot big bang is a real ugly work of watch and guess what... everyone disagrees with me, but I don't get emotional about it.... relax my friend....

Edited by Corgi

Mickey, you can defend him. But how on earth can you defend the indefensible? :p

I just wonder what makes you think your opinion is more valid or important than the next persons? Add to that your need to express it in such a unfriendly manner.......

An opinion is just that, an opinion, not a fact, get over yourself :p:)

Thats the great thing about forums. Everyone can and should speak their mind. Open dialog helps us grow and enjoy a more rounded view of the topic at hand. It helps everyone learn more about the topic. At the same time those posting on forums can not and should not take offense with opinions which differ from theirs. Thats why I stay around, for the diverse opinions. I've liked time pieces for a number of years but really didn't start learning about them until I joined this forum. bscblue, don't apologize fo anything. I appreciate your point of view even though it does differ from my own. I apologize for my off topic comments. :thumbs:

Nice pick!

Personally, this is one of the things that are the most conflicting for me. There are days when I love the design and feel its brilliantly contemporary, while on others, I wonder wtf the designers were thinking. Perhaps if it was made by some company other than rolex, things would be different, since 99% of people will wonder if the design is fake. Dunno. Kudos for making a decision though, which is something I cant seem to be able to do at the moment!

Griff, thanks so much! I didn't apologizing for nothing.

I was an English major and one of my favorite authors, Alice Walker, said this at Princeton writing symposium: "Folks don't like it when you're too proud or too free." That was from the book The Color Purple.

Or, to be more contemporary, Eric Cartman said, "Whatevah! Whatevah! I do what I want!." :lol:

Not a bad rep for the price. I've started seeing this one for sale here and there along with the new Daytonas. It even has the "Rolex" writing on the rehaut, which I thought rep makers would have missed the first time around. The only obvious downside is that "Air-King" is written in the wrong style font and it's missing the all-important hyphen.