When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Prayer Request from an old RWG1 member....

ryyannon

I was browsing RWG1 a few minutes ago and came across this post by Fordzilla, one of the founding members of the old forum....

He's appealing to the kindness of strangers to help try and change the odds in favor of the hospitalized daughter of one of his co-workers....

No further commentaries should be necessary - I'll just copy and paste his original message here in the hopes that it might make a difference.

Prayer request

Fordzilla Today, 08:22 PM Post

Senior Poster

Group: Members

Member No.: 7

A fellow officer at my department is on watch at the hospital with his 15yr old daughter. She has a viral infection that has attacked her blood, as I understand it, and doctors are saying she might not pull through. Please remember Jordan in your prayers today and tonight.

Thanks.

Update/afterthought:

If any of the former members of RWG1 see this, now might be a good time to log back on and post a word in Fordzilla's thread: not much response by the overwhealming number of noobs over there who have little or no idea of the kind of solidarity common to this forum....

Indeed my family will be offering prayers for her and please keep us up-dated on her condition.

Unfortunately I have to pass on the logging in on the old site, too many believe I have no right to be there.

Ken

If any of the former members of RWG1 see this, now might be a good time to log back on and post a word in Fordzilla's thread: not much response by the overwhealming number of noobs over there who have little or no idea of the kind of solidarity common to this forum....

What is is that Paneristi say? "Bringing the world together". Well that's true of us, too.

Thanks Ryyannon. Coincidentally, I am going to Gesu Church before it closes, so I'll light up one of those electric candles and say a word for Jordan.

• 3 weeks later...

Some updates on Jordon's condition - relayed as I found them on RWG1 - are in order here.

First some bad news:

Still need more prayer for Jordan. She's getting worse. She's losing blood somewhere, but they can't figure out where. They also expect her kidneys to fail soon and have her on the transplant list.

Followed by something good:

Somewhat good news. Jordan's bloodwork is returning slowly to normal. (red/white blood count) so it looks like her body is kicking the toxic shock, but she's not out of the woods yet. She still can't keep solid food down. Keep the prayers coming!

Although I don't personally know either Jordan or Fordzilla, I felt concerned enough to re-post his request for prayers here.

In all fairness to the membership of the old forum, people over there did start responding with offers of their support, best wishes and prayers - in other words, displaying the sort of solidarity with a member in need that we've come to associate with our community.

For those here who've taken out a few minutes from watch collecting, families and their own personal problems, thank you: I'm sure your positive thoughts have positive effects - everything we say, do or think is felt in the universe and can sometimes make an enormous difference.... Or so I'd like to believe.

Latest update: some very good news posted by Fordzilla today on RWG1:

Great news. Jordan seems to have kicked the septicemia, (blood poisoning) has no fever, and is eating chicken soup and holding it down.

Thanks to the Lord, and to your prayers. Keep them coming!

Do our fleeting moments of prayer and positive energy directed for this young stranger's recovery have any effect?

As pessimistic as I am about many things, I've great confidence in the power of the human spirit - particularly when used in positive ways.

I was touched by the humility of Fordzilla's request, just as I'm touched by the responses from our members.

Whatever the outcome, goodness will always make a difference...

On a completely different note, why hasn't Fordzilla found his way here?

A perfectly natural question which logically, only Fordzilla himself would be authorized to answer.

Nevertheless, it's possible that:

- Blade is paying him huge amounts of money and/or the RWG watches which were never delivered to post exclusively on RWG1. That said, he posts very infrequently, and never about watches, and only began posting again a little more than month or so ago. My feeling is that like many of the old crew, and despite an occasional look back, he's moved on.

- Fordzilla doesn't really exist, and is merely one of the many identities of johnnyboy.

As far as I'm concerned - and to use the world of the Silver Screen in a series of metaphors - I'm just an errand boy here, sent not by grocery clerks but by my own volition; and as for understanding any of the rest, It's Chinatown.

Lastly, let's not forget the important thing: the life of a young girl whom none of us know, but to whom some of us reached out as if we did... transcending our own cliques, quarrels, fevers of acquisition and general indifference to anyone outside our immediate field of vision or circles of interest. Such actions are important parts of what make us human and distinguish us from the insects - or as much about the insects as we actually know.