When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Feeler for B&R 03-92 Special group buy with gen PVD coating

ajoesmith

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if the buckle is removable from the rubber strap, (I've yet to see a B&R of any description in the metal), but if so then presumably that will also be coated?

I'd be interested in the AR coating cost as well, if it's feasible - maybe k2222 could assist since he's currently organising the AR run for the EU?

prof

I'm interested. I'd like to know more about the following:

1. Dial color choice, I prefer orange

2. Lume?

3. Screws for the strap. I understand that the first versions had hex screws that would strip easily.

4. Movement options?

5. AR? Does the watch you are buying have any AR at all?

Thanks for putting this together ajoesmith. This is one watch that I've been looking at for a long time.

1. Dial color choice, I prefer orange - Any dial colour choice, you decide, same price

2. Lume? - Standard rep lume

3. Screws for the strap. I understand that the first versions had hex screws that would strip easily. - dont know

4. Movement options? - at the moment only Asian DG4813, its a reliable movement and cheap, Swiss will only put the price up

5. AR? Does the watch you are buying have any AR at all - slight AR, maybe can organize double AR coat as well

my oh my you are a bunch of picky bastards! ;) PVD, Swiss ETA and AR.....anything else? :lol:

OK for this to be feasible i think ill have to get one watch and try the PVD process myself. Theres no point taking orders, getting the money from everyone and then send off for PVD if it turns out crap. This will result in some very unhappy people, so ill do it first and see how it goes and ill get back to you.

It seems to me that it might not worth the while to go through all this effort as the case is thicker than the gen. Just my thoughts...

Is case thickness such a big deal??

If it were cm's then ok but we are talking mm's yes?

I dont care but its a good point, maybe others do

If you mind about the case thickness not being right let us know

OK for this to be feasible i think ill have to get one watch and try the PVD process myself. Theres no point taking orders, getting the money from everyone and then send off for PVD if it turns out crap. This will result in some very unhappy people, so ill do it first and see how it goes and ill get back to you.

That is a good initiative ajoesmith, that demonstrate that you are a conscientious person and want to do things very well. That's appreciated :good:

my oh my you are a bunch of picky bastards! ;) PVD, Swiss ETA and AR.....anything else? :lol:

I dunno, you offer to do something nice for people and they bite your hand off ;)

That's a very noble gesture to be the 'guinea pig' for the benefit of this community, hope it's appreciated by all the 'picky bastards' out there............I'd have to count myself as one though, and I'd just like to say "thank you" for offering to do this. :clap:

A B&R was the first rep watch that I wanted to buy, so I'm really interested to see if this'll work; if it does, then I'd just like to re-iterate that I'm definitely in.

Best of luck,

prof

Just to clarify to everyone, I'm not being picky. If the comment isdirected at me. I'm just asking all the questions to make sure that I know what I'm getting. I think it's very generous of ajoesmith to take this project on. I also appreciate all the work he's already put into it. THANKS!!

Still no head way on this as ive been unable to get in contact with swdivad about the PVD

Has anybody been in contact with him recently?

Let me know

cheers

Me either (about something else).

Hope he's ok. Probably just busy at work - I remember him saying he's very busy lately.

Ok update

My B&R 03-92 is on its way to me as we speak and ive also been in contact with Swdivad about the PVD and i shall be contacting the them on Monday regarding the PVD coat

Ill keep everyone posted.

Here is a pic of the PVD coating that swdivad got from the same company on his PAM 196

What do you think itll look like on the B&R?

Hope swdivad doesn't mind me using this.....

img0306resizejn6.jpg

What do you think itll look like on the B&R?

Well, it looks pretty good to me.

I'm still in Joe.

Thanks for all these efforts !

Cheers

Stephane

Do you thing we could get, on top of all the rest (swiss, AR,...) a genuine strap and set of box and accessories ? :bangin:

For the same price of course ! :lol:

Well, it looks pretty good to me.

I'm still in Joe.

Thanks for all these efforts !

Cheers

Stephane

Do you thing we could get, on top of all the rest (swiss, AR,...) a genuine strap and set of box and accessories ? :bangin:

For the same price of course ! :lol:

I'll skip the box set and accessories for the Swiss ETA version at half the price :lol:

Update

Been in contact with the PVD company and itll be TiAln PVD coat. They will do micro blasting, cleaning and then the PVD coating.

I still have to receive the Bell and Ross watch but it will be here this week.

All has been arranged with the company, ill dissemble the watch and they will do the rest. They said turn around will be just 2 days!!!!

As for price they quoted $100-150 but that may change as it was just an estimate.

Ill keep you all posted on the progress