When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Feeler for B&R 03-92 Special group buy with gen PVD coating

ajoesmith

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE 27th September

I got 2 watches today, 1 SS and 1 PVD. The PVD has the wrong dial, the dealer has been told and this is not a problem

I will be sending both off for PVD coating tomorrow. and i should have them back by the end of next week.

I have already dissembled one of the watches, really easy to do.

The screw on the case back, the 'do not unscrew' screw, is just for decoration. when you unscrew you can see the into the watch and can see the stem release button. Insert a small screw driver, to press the button and out comes the stem and crown - Easy.

The crystal has got ok single sided AR as per the genuine so i dont think we have to do another AR coating on this one.

Here are the disassembly pics, enjoy

CIMG1843.jpg

CIMG1844.jpg

CIMG1845.jpg

CIMG1846.jpg

CIMG1847.jpg

CIMG1848.jpg

CIMG1849.jpg

CIMG1850.jpg

CIMG1851.jpg

CIMG1852.jpg

CIMG1853.jpg

CIMG1854.jpg

CIMG1855.jpg

CIMG1856.jpg

CIMG1857.jpg

CIMG1858.jpg

+1 here, keep me info for the SS version. My concern is about the size, 42mm on my 6 1/4" wrist size, I'm not sure... -_- any wrist shot to give an idea?

OK some wrist shots for comparision with some of my collection, They are quick and nasty but should give you some idea as to the size. I also have a tiny wrist but its ok and the Mrs actually likes it more so than my other pieces!!!

CIMG1861.jpg

CIMG1862.jpg

CIMG1863.jpg

CIMG1864.jpg

CIMG1865.jpg

CIMG1866.jpg

CIMG1867.jpg

CIMG1868.jpg

CIMG1869.jpg

The watch case and all parts have been posted to the company for the PVD coting today.

Ill keep all informed

Just on a side note, this watch isnt a 'perfect' rep, however i think nearly all people on the forum are too worried about perfection these days.

Yes the dial isn't perfect but its about 98% correct,

the date window and dial screws are also not perfect but 98% correct,

the 'do not unscrew' screw on the case back is not in the correct position, do we care, not really as we don't see that part of the watch when its on our wrist.

Its a Great watch, thats very different and cool and it has a good movement, not swiss but if it breaks i t can be easily had for around $20, much cheaper than swiss ETA.

Ill keep all updated as soon as i know.

Thanks

OK some wrist shots for comparision with some of my collection, They are quick and nasty but should give you some idea as to the size. I also have a tiny wrist but its ok and the Mrs actually likes it more so than my other pieces!!!

That will do a great/cool week-end beater...the readibility of this watch is incredible. The only watch that are like these are SINN 656, 756, but still no rep.

Ok, I'll be in Joe for the SS version (without PVD) if you are still welling to sell the SS version.

OK still waiting to hear about the PVD and if the company has received the parts yet.

BUT GOOD NEWS ON THE $150 offer

If we do the group buy the supplier will also include the canvas strap for FREE! now it has a PVD buckle, or PVD look a like buckle but its sewn into the strap so it cannot be PVDed but still it free and give the watch a new look!

When i hear news on the PVD coating ill let all know

Please do NOT send me a PM asking about the group buy.

It hasnt stated yet so you are not too late.

When i get the case back from the PVD company ill take pics and let everyone see the result.

Then ill organize the group buy for this watch.

Some people are asking for Super lume as well, it can be organized but will put the price up and also drag out the length of the group buy. If possible it will be The Zigmeister who will do it but im not sure if hed be happy doing 20 or so dials at one time.

We will see, no guarantees

Update

A big scare but all ok, Australia post lost my package that i sent to the PVD company. I was sent registered insured so it should have gotten there in about 3 days. I called Australia post and they couldnt locate the package.

Well ive just spoken to the PVD company and my package arrived this morning, thank goodness!!!!

Coating will take about 3 days so ill let everyone know how it turns out.

And i also have another Bell and ross PVD, just the rep PVD so we can do a side by side comparison!

Cant wait!

But more possible bad news a dealer has told me that the bell and ross rep factory got busted so they might be very difficult to get now!!!!! we will have to wait and see.

But more possible bad news a dealer has told me that the bell and ross rep factory got busted so they might be very difficult to get now!!!!! we will have to wait and see.

Hope dealer will not use this argument to justify increasing price of rep <_<

Edited by magagne

• 2 weeks later...

Yes a update as of today 18th Oct 2007

The Company got back to me and said that because of the very small parts that need to be microblasted and then PVDed that they might get 'lost' in the micro blasting process and they were unsure as to how to 'mount' them in the chamber for the PVD coating.

The parts they are referring to are the very small screw on the case back, the 'do not unscrew' screw, the 4 screws on the front of the watch case and the lug screws.

I told the company to just assemble the watch case and then do the micro blasting, cleaning, then the PVD.

They have now told me that it will probably go in the chamber tomorrow, but not sure as that chamber is under repair at the moment.

A bit disappointing as i and other members have been waiting a while for this but as we all know in the rep game we need patience and lots of it!

Ill keep you all updated on the progress.

UPDATE 21st OCT 2007

The case and all screws have been micro blasted and will be PVD coated first thing on Monday morning, tomorrow, then it will be posted on Monday afternoon back to me so, if all goes t plan i should have it by the end of this week.

Here hoping it turns out good!

Ill keep all informed