When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A little update on the Cannon pinion and hour wheel

cwai02

For some reasaons, I am afraid I can't help you guys to order.

Anyway, I ll tell you how to order it yourself. The parts are confirmed to fit by cheea.

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...topic=22845&hl=

The parts are on order only. You can't walk in to buy. You can order the parts through email or 1800 number.

You can either go to the store to pick up or have the parts shipped for about $5.

This is the address and phone number of the part store:

56 West 47th St. • New York, NY 10036 • 800-223-8960

http://www.drsjewelry.com/

You can email them here:

http://www.drsjewelry.com/contact_us.html

Store front: (pic. stolen from A9)

50973-36221.jpg

The part number:

Cannon Pinion 3.15mm part # 00240.6497.03 - 134014

Hour Wheel 2.15mm # 00250.6497.03- 134017

I just picked up one set today and ordered 5 more sets for spare.

So you may contact them directly if you want some.

I am really sorry that I can't sell you any.

Some pictures:

50973-36222.jpg

50973-36223.jpg

50973-36224.jpg

Edited by cwai02

Thank you for the update. There was a question about the original post as being an offer or a group buy. I wanted to just make sure we didn't have members posting offers in other forums except the proper offers forum. cwai02 and I have discussed this via PM and he told me that the shop can sell directly to the membership and they charge only $5 for shipping, so it is easier to order directly from the supplier. Sorry for the confusion, just doing my job.... ;)

Hi Roy,

so do they still have plenty in stock? also, which way would be easier, through "contact us" way or actually call them at the 800 number to order? if we are calling, is there a specific person that we need to talk to, and what do we mention to get the shipping for $5. if you can clarify further, would appreciate it.

Hi Roy,

so do they still have plenty in stock? also, which way would be easier, through "contact us" way or actually call them at the 800 number to order? if we are calling, is there a specific person that we need to talk to, and what do we mention to get the shipping for $5. if you can clarify further, would appreciate it.

I don't think they keep the stock in the store. That's why when I went there this afternoon, the lady told me that I have to order if I want more.

So I only picked up one set that I ordered a few days ago, and ordered 5 sets more for $106 shipped.

Btw, I used the Contact us form when I ordered. They replied my email within 12 hours. So you may try the form first.

FYI: This is the original thread on TRC:

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...topic=22845&hl=

Edited by cwai02

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, it is necessary to swap both the hour wheel and cannon pin from the rep. to make it work?

Thanks.

Actually you only need the cannon pinion as the hour hand also has an extended tube to compensate for the shorter height standard hour wheel. Don't forget that the tube of the minute hand will need filing down to .44mm to fit the cannon pin properly otherwise you will still have a recessed pin whatever the length!!

Excuse my lack of PAM knowledge.

What good does this exchange mean?

It corrects the recessed pin issue on the pam reps...

(it is a pam thing and means nothing to those who are not into pams. I just got my first nice pam with recessed pin and I am waiting for the light bulb to off over my head that says -- "must replace pin" -- hasnt happened just yet, but I am waiting...should happen any minute now.) :D

Thanks for your info.

I contacted them last week by filling the form on their site but have not received any reply until now.

Maybe it's because I'm outside of the U.S.? (mentioned in the query).

Can somebody help where I can source this parts please?