When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Spare parts... almost impossibile to get

ryaku

I haven't needed parts help often, but have received it when I needed it -- once from Paul, and once from Andrew.

In Paul's case I wanted a replacement dial to change a white dial Speedmaster to a black dial. It took him a couple of months to deliver, but I wasn't in a hurry, and the dollar amount was relatively small so I didn't sweat it.

In Andrew's case I needed a replacement bracelet for an IWC Ingenieur. He asked whether I had purchased it from him and even though I hadn't (I have, however, purchased other watches from him), he sold it to me anyway. Confirmation and delivery were prompt. He may have charged me a bit more than if he had sold the original watch to me, but I thought the price was fair.

I agree with you that after-sale service and parts are important, both for retaining existing customers and for gaining new customers. A dealer who could not help me out with after-sale parts, or at least make an effort to get those parts, would have a harder time getting the order for my next watch.

I ordered a planet ocean bezel from Paul. I sent multiple pictures with arrows and explanations right on the pictures to make sure that I got the swiss version with the correct lines on either side of the 12 oclock triangle. He even confirmed it in words....yes it is the swiss version with the correct lines on it. What do I get weeks later? The asian version with completely wrong orange color, no lines, and terrible pearl. His response that the swiss version isn't made anymore, so thats all he had to send me. Nice, that was some wasted money.....

Getting spare parts can be difficult. Replica watches are prone to have problems from time to time and many of us like to experiment with or modify our watches so, there is a need for this service. The problem is no dealer is going to stock the thousands of parts that might be requested. IMO, the best approach to the problem of getting your spares is to establish a good long time relationship with one dealer. If he knows that he will be getting your watch business, it is more likely that he will help you with your spares. You will benefit by knowing that the spare parts will fit because they were supplied from the same known source. Spare parts do not offer the dealer much in the way of profit and are often a PIA to locate so there is little incentive to supply parts to those that aren't loyal watch customers.

I have to disagree. I buy parts for projects all the time - dials, hands, CG's, cases, straps, buckles whatever. Wanted to upgrade my 188 dial - no problem. Lost the little rubber thingy on top of the chrono pusher on the Mello Yellow - no problem. Without the parts I would not have the guts to do some of the projects I do. And yes Angus is fabulous. The other members of the Big Four are helpful as well. That is why you want to build a relationship with a dealer rather than simply hunting for the lowest price. ;)

I totally agree with most of you.

I guess it's mainly just a matter of business opportunities and those members/buyers who purchase watches very often are treated with great care and attention (and that's absolutely right, of course). Krusty i'm sure you belongs to this group. ;)

Unfortunately i'm a sporadic buyer for 2 reasons:

- i can't afford too many high quality fake watches, and if i could i'd pull the trigger with some genuines considered current replica prices

- i don't wanna buy too many watches and collecting hundreds replica, i'm for "few but good".

Most likely that's why my experience with spare parts requests it's not so good.

Getting spare parts can be difficult. Replica watches are prone to have problems from time to time and many of us like to experiment with or modify our watches so, there is a need for this service. The problem is no dealer is going to stock the thousands of parts that might be requested.

In my opinion, they should at least store the parts that break frequently. For example, the bezel ring and pearls from Rolex sports models... each Rolex submariner loses its bezel ring sooner or later... unless you are lucky and can find it after the tumble, you have a useless watch left over...

In my opinion, they should at least store the parts that break frequently. For example, the bezel ring and pearls from Rolex sports models... each Rolex submariner loses its bezel ring sooner or later... unless you are lucky and can find it after the tumble, you have a useless watch left over...

They figure it's better business you buy a new one ? ;)