When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you guys say when asked if its real or rep??

djtimodj

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sql_pl
Im into heavy watches, what sort of weight is the pam power reserve??

my avenger Ti is 155g

And my [censored] is 150 cm long. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Or is it as OT as your post above? :blink:

And my [censored] is 150 cm long. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Or is it as OT as your post above? :blink:

I think he meant to click on the PAM Power Reserve thread, but got this one instead... And yes, this is still OT, Sorry!!

Only time I have ever been asked was when I bought my Dad a gen Tag for his b-day...his first words were.. "Is it real?"

I've always owned gens, so everyone around me thinks all my reps are gen. They'll never question me, but if I ever get caught slippin' wearing a rep... then they'll probably think all my gens are reps. :)

I have 20+ Gen watches, and I admitted to a friend that the Arktos I was wearing was fake. He now questions the authenticity of everything I own.

"Is that a real BMW in your driveway???" he asked....

I have 20+ Gen watches, and I admitted to a friend that the Arktos I was wearing was fake. He now questions the authenticity of everything I own.

"Is that a real BMW in your driveway???" he asked....

hahaha.... I drive a BMW too... but never been questioned on its authenticity :D

To friends, I say it is a rep (but they don't have to ask, they know I am a rep nuts).

To anyone else: I remove the watch from my wrist and pass it to him, saying 'Judge on yourself'.

This makes for a chance to know another watch lover and to talk with him about watches and reps.

99% of people just says 'Nice watch' and gives it back to me. End of enquirings.

To any watch lover (0.5%), I say it is a rep. Not because I am frightened (I say that even if he judged it genuine), but for mutual respect between sharers of a same interest, and to promote further conversation.

Remaining 0.5% just says 'I am unable to judge on myself'. Then I ask: 'So, how came that you asked?' (I am trying to understand whether their question aimed to personal attack or what). From now on, I just improvise -- but the focus of the conversation already shifted from the watch to the interlocutor, so it's he that now has to be on the defensive side, if he is ill-intentioned.

Finally, if I know that he is a dumbass that measures people on their money, I fool it with no pity nor remorse.

P.S.: Percentage figures are projections. I've not been asked 100 times. :lol:

Guest Watchandpen
Just got my first good rep, A Breitling Chrono avenger Ti. Wearing it in work today and one of the guys i work with came from right across the room and said "come on then you know id spot the new watch" I take it off and hand it over to him. He had a gen Omega chrono seamaster Ti on. He looks at it and hands it back saying "very nice watch".

At this point if i had said thanks im sure he would have accepted the watch as real. My mouth then works on its own and chips in " thanks its a replica". At this point his mouth opens and his hand moves back out to take the watch for a closer look!

he told me if i had not said he would have beleaved that it was gen!

Have you guys had situations such as this and what do you or would you say??

tell them is a rep or let them think its real ????

thanks for the replys.

Tim

I tell them my gens are reps and vice versa. It's a gas as they don't believe me anyway! :Jumpy:

I'm in customer service and have to dress up for work. Most people assume that it is a real watch and are not bold enough to ask if it's a fake. My two favorite watches are my pam 63 and ultimate sub. I have told my boss that they are fake, because I could see the funny look he was giving me when I would wear a different watch in all the time. I want to get a raise and not have him think that I'm loaded.

I tell them my gens are reps and vice versa. It's a gas as they don't believe me anyway! :Jumpy:

Now thats true, i do the same, they dont belive you, i own a couple of gen omegas and lots of reps, omega pam rolies and 5 or 6 vintage watches of varrious makes, even when i where a 1950 vintage west end watch co people think it is a rep of the gen. But then again i do work with some serious fxxxwits.

Andy :bangin:

If it's a friend, I tell them it's a rep. Otherwise, if someone asks me if it's real, I say "Yup." I also try to only wear reps of gens that I could afford.

A member from RWG I had said that when someone said "Nice watch, is it real?" his response was "Your wife has nice [censored], are they real?" I think that's the perfect response to the person who disrespects you enough to ask if your watch is real.