When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

placing order and can + the HBB ceramic.. should I?

Defender110

i am placing an order for watches and i can add a hublot ceramic bezel...should i?

i when this first came out my feelings were i had to have it! ... but over the last few months my interest has waned... now with all the hulabaloo about the ceramic bezel.... maybe i need it? HEE!

so... should i add a ceramic bezel HBB to the order??? is it that good? do i need it?

1. i can add it for $700 Ceramic version bezel. ;-) not 900usd.

2. you will never find the proper movement... IT IS NOT val.eta 7753 a 7753 would BE WRONG. it is a 7750 with a modified chrono module.. i actually have a vender that is friends with mr. sinn and mr.sinn aka Guinard watches uses the exact same movement in one of their models... i can NOT get just the movement.. from ANY SUPPLIER not even through mr sinn himself. :-(

i did however see on of these movements for sale HERE on the boards awhile ago but missed the boat. :-(

for thes price stated above should i get it?

J, don't do it. I think you got enough movements and projects to play with. unless you have 7753 on hand....hmmmm :doh:

for the price that it commands, I don't think it's worth it, but if you have the proper substitute goodie to go in there. that would be a tough call. I can see your dilemma, but if I were you, I would not do it.....hope that helps

2. you will never find the proper movement... IT IS NOT val.eta 7753 a 7753 would BE WRONG. it is a 7750 with a modified chrono module.. i actually have a vender that is friends with mr. sinn and mr.sinn aka Guinard watches uses the exact same movement in one of their models... i can NOT get just the movement.. from ANY SUPPLIER not even through mr sinn himself. :-(

i did however see on of these movements for sale HERE on the boards awhile ago but missed the boat. :-(

wow did not know that, and now that I know, it's a definite no. not with those prices.....yikes!! :blink:

While the price is to high for a rep, I paid $768 for my ceramic RG HBB and it is the best rep watch I have purchased so far. It radiates quality and is a gorgeous watch. My pleasure at owning it far exceeds any reservations that I had before the purchase, and there are no reservations or regrets now. Best decision I have made in my watch collecting adventures, so the bottom line here is that you should decide for yourself.