When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thank you for the good times & move into a better future!

V

I have received those threats from fortune 50 companies. You know what.. I am still using their products.

It's just business, nothing personal.

People are too sensitive...

The thing that differentiates RWG from Fortune 500 companies is that is not just business...it's personal.

We like being 'sensitive'....it keep us feeling human, and not ready to betray our friendships, core values and our ideas of what's right and what's wrong for a thirty percent discount on a piece of leather that one can find just by clicking on RWI.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Veni,

I was very sad to see that you had left, but I was happy to see that you returned!

Conservatively, 90% of what I have absorbed regarding Straps came from you. I always look forward to reading what you have to say about stuff and to seeing your new toyz.

My thanks to the powers that be for doing the right thing.

I have received those threats from fortune 50 companies. You know what.. I am still using their products.

It's just business, nothing personal.

People are too sensitive...

Maybe it's an obsolete notion, but principle is important to me.

I am not blessed with a lot of patience, I will not abide abuse, and I'll be damned if I would ever send a dollar of my money to any company that threatened me - fortune 500 or not.

On the other hand, I am not here for business - I have a business and I deal with adversarial [censored] all day. I'd rather not deal with it here, but I can and will if it comes to it.

I like watches, I am intrigued by the dynamics between reps and gens and I personally like some of the people/personalities I have met here. I have learned a lot and I appreciate the time that people like Palpatine, Ubiquitous, Ziggy, Joshua, By-Tor . . . and too many others to recount.

Time is money and I value theirs - that and the fact that they know I am a detective, but don't treat me like they think I'm a "narc." I'm used to that, I accept it and deal with it, but I enjoy this better.

I also have five children, and only a parent with a lot of children could possibly understand what I mean when I tell you that straps are completely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. Health, happiness, security, the Honor Roll . . . reps, straps, and forums are nothing more than curious diversion to mature people.

This is us: www.MrMoms.org

I don't really understand your position (or lack of one), but to me, pride is important, principle is important, health and good fortune are all important.

Just one man's opinion.

Bill

Well the situation is that you can love Elliot for his cheap straps or hate him for his business ethics but whatever this is just going around in circles now so thread closed.

Ken