When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where is Palpatine (Tommy)?

Viennawatch

I've been on the look out for our dear Palpatine... Unfortunately I have no been able to reach him in any manner... Would anyone have an idea where he might be or if he will be back to aid us soon?

Perhaps does anyone know of someone within the EU that takes care of modding and servicing?

Would be great help!

Regards,

Martin

I dropped him a mail a couple of weeks ago, I know it was delivered to his ISP but I can't tell any more than that.

No reply.

He's had long AWOL periods before, this is longer than any I remember so I hope we'll see him back one day. He has a watch of mine and a PAM crown that I've paid for.

VW, nice to see an old face from the past.

Tommy's been AWOL for a little while - last I heard from him was June, he'd relocated job, city, personal life, major life changes. Otherwise seemed fine. But I figured he was due some time away from modding in the circumstances.

Having said that, I have sent a couple of emails recently, non-watch related which he hasn't got back to, which is NOT like him at all :unsure:

I have paid for several crowns with him and never received them :(

Me too, I paid for some crowns. I thought he was in hibernation and would return like in the past but if he's gone for good from modding.... :(

I am a Noob, but I have one plain question for you guys:

- When you send money to somebody, shouldn't you get what you pay for back ?

As a 46 year old person, I have an answer:

- Of course.

According to my feeling, there are much to much scammers around the internet, scammers from the past or scammers of the future.

(I can already see (feel) the super modders of 2008 posting and preparing their little scam business here)

Before sending money, don't you think you should make sure who you are sending it to.

I have never been hardly scammed...yet...but almost was lightly scammed.

That lead me to a new attitude = I trust you but I want 100% control on our game/deal.

I always wait for weeks, if not months now, before trusting any recipient of my hardly earned money...

Again, patience seem to be a vertue aswell as reading, sharing are very important.

Cheers

Stephane

PS: my comments are not related to the Palp situation as I have never dealt with him and doesn't know who this person is.

Simply a general experience...Common sence in fact.

PS: my comments are not related to the Palp situation as I have never dealt with him and doesn't know who this person is.Simply a general experience...Common sence in fact.
Yes common sense, and whilst I accept the disclaimer, IMO there is a definite implication here Stephane, considering the title of the thread and member it's aimed at. To use the words 'scammer' in this thread is inappropriate. I understand some people's frustration, but that's way out of order where Tommy's concerned. Likewise I would make no comment on the FP situation as I have never dealt with him and so any comment from me is neither relevant nor constructive.

Doc,

I really do not want to hurt anybody.

I am just another fresh member that sees so many threads about "troubles they have with their guru"...

This thread was probably not appropriate for me to jump in...but, pls note that I am an enthusiast person and as such, fed up with "Where is god, my guru" threads.

You see what I mean ?

So, if one of the gurus has a serious personal problem, I might even be the one who's willing to help.

But come on, there are some other gurus that just disappeared with the money, it's a fact.

Cheers

Stephane

Again:

my comments are not related to the Palp situation as I have never dealt with him and doesn't know who this person is.

Simply a general experience...Common sence in fact.

OK guy's let me update you about Tommy.

The last email I received was dated 18th Sep. , he mentioned that his life is a bit chaotic now and that he just moved to another city but didn't forget us.

He has alot of things still packed up in boxes.

I replied that RWG members are waiting for some answers too.

So now we wait...

@Maikel

Thanks man, thats some really good news! I hope he settles in just fine!

@docblackrock

Hey, hows it going? How's the addiction been treating you? I must luckily say that I never went beyond 3 watches, but... I feel that 'itch' coming back... haha... Ya I've been MIA as well, really trying to get my life sorted out, where I actually want to work, live, etc... I'm not happy with being here in Austria... Although I just came back from an Internship in Delhi, India and i have to say although it was interesting, I would not want to live there in the future... :/

@Stephane

I'm glad to know that the new RWG has got a few considerate and intelligent guys like you roaming the board. Makes me as a newb to the new RWG feel safe. I mean after all who knows what has changed since the last RWG forum! And your feelings about there being numerous scammers on the net as well as on RWG is correct. I even remember there being this really big scammer that ripped numerous people of with all sorts of things on RWG and Ebay. It was a real big thing. Its a shame I forgot the name of the guy because that would have started a really nice topic. This guy supposedly moved from place to place. His real name and address were down and some members even thought of paying the guy a little visit and reporting him to the cops, but then again, when we're dealing with replica items, its not easy to get law enforcement involved.

Anyways, I appreciate your comments about Palpatine, but as a loyal customer to his modding services, I have to say that Palp in no way is a scammer. In fact I had once paid him for some modding on my PAM 183 and it came back looking amazing except for the fact that the movement stopped every 30 to 40 min. I sent it back and he fixed for free. A few weeks after I sent it back to him for more luming and he did it for free again. Even now that we found out about his situation, I've always trusted him. Like we just found out, he had his reasons for not answering us and not sending back numerous people's orders. Thats the problem with being in the replica business, as its not really something you can live by and depend on, if life changes, so do your replica habits, even if it displeases numerous people. Once he is settled down, he will surely send everyone back their stuff!

The last email I received was dated 18th Sep. , he mentioned that his life is a bit chaotic now and that he just moved to another city but didn't forget us.

So now we wait...

I have never ordered anything from Palp...but nobody can tell me that whatever happened in his life, he cannot make 1 post on the forum and inform all the members that have PAYED him for something...

he does not have to inform me...or Stephane...or anybody else (who don't have a deal with him) of what's he doing or what is he passing in his life...but a short notice to his customers would be something that a honest man would do!!!

If he is able to relply to a single e-mail...why he doesnt make a post on the forum....c'mon guys!

just my opinion...and now back to work!

EDIT : his last post was on 15th of February...his last visit on the forum was on 28th June 2007...

Edited by dadog13

So now we wait...

thanks for the update

I have never ordered anything from Palp...but nobody can tell me that whatever happened in his life, he cannot make 1 post on the forum and inform all the members that have PAYED him for something...

he does not have to inform me...or Stephane...or anybody else (who don't have a deal with him) of what's he doing or what is he passing in his life...but a short notice to his customers would be something that a honest man would do!!!

If he is able to relply to a single e-mail...why he doesnt make a post on the forum....c'mon guys!

just my opinion...and now back to work!

EDIT : his last post was on 15th of February...his last visit on the forum was on 28th June 2007...

You do have a point... ;)

Palp is not a fly by night scammer but that does not mean he is reliable to deal with either. Many people have dealt with him for a long time. I believe he was the first modder to take the MBW's to the next level. He has also has offered services at little or no profit at different points in time.

BUT:

- He has always had a taxing real job

- His personal life has been very difficult over a several year period ranging from deaths in the family. loss of job, etc.

- He has disappeared for months at a time on several occasions

- And when he does disappear he truly disappears; although he has reappeared in the past there will be a point in time where he will never reappear

I do hope everyone gets what they are owed. At a minimum no one should be sending him money until he either returns wholeheartedly or not at all.