When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Spitfire Pilots

dluddy

Saw this posted on one of the other forums and thought there would be interest here.

LOL! I guess Being John Malkovitch these days, means taking bit parts in fancy watch adverts. :lol:

And why do I think that mini-film was kind of an analogy of my participation on RWG...I even have the same stockings.

(But short fair hair, and can't fly. Sorry boys)

Wow, I don't know what to say. This is the second time IWC hits themselves in their own respective nuts.

Kinda reminds me of the ad that was run in Hong Kong about the 8-Day winding system. You know, the hotel bedstand, the watch that stops, blame it on the lady for keeping you in the bed for 8+ days... A lawsuit was filed and IWC pulled the ads.

Pure cheese.

Bring back the old BOAC ads and the Mark II.

I have nothing against a sense of humor, in fact, it is a prerequisite to enter my kinship. But... I don't find timekeeping/horologerie anything to giggle about. Afterall, we are all limited in our time here on this planet. To me, it is a very serious affair (the art of keeping track of time).

Funny ads are great, just not for the great IWC.

Kinda reminds me of the ad that was run in Hong Kong about the 8-Day winding system. You know, the hotel bedstand, the watch that stops, blame it on the lady for keeping you in the bed for 8+ days... A lawsuit was filed and IWC pulled the ads.

I thought the one they got in trouble over was "Often seen on stewardess's bedside tables".

Ah, here it is ...

http://www.bangkokpost.net/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=118376

Hi vbarrett :D

Pug, that was one of the ads. There was another one that said something to the effect of: "It's not your fault if the 8 day Pellaton winding system fails after 8 days of not wearing the watch." The watch is pictured on a hotel bedside table with sheets strewn everywhere, flight attendant's sexy uniform pieces all over the floor, etc...