When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EE 6263

Guest Sql_pl

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

concepta? the dial and bezel are different in the two pics you show? look at the unitsper hour and the t swiss t on the dial.. did you swap the dial and bezel between taking the pics? Just wondering if its the same watch?

post 8 and post 13 look like different watches to me

concepta? the dial and bezel are different in the two pics you show? look at the unitsper hour and the t swiss t on the dial.. did you swap the dial and bezel between taking the pics? Just wondering if its the same watch?

It could have been that one of the pics is from one of Flex old watches. There is a total mess in my photobucket album *lol*

The old one from Flex is not a DW, it

What kind of mods is done of this one??

Looks amazing on that strap :D

Maybe i could steal some limelight from Spin on here... :p

The Japs love this strap...

Mods are: T21 gen crystal & Gen crown & tube.

Here's what I picked up from Spin earlier, no mods done though...

Please excuse the quality, cos it's nite-time here in Singapore, taken on my N82...

19092008973wrapir8.jpg

19092008975wrapqc2.jpg

19092008974wrapme4.jpg

Maybe i could steal some limelight from Spin on here... :p

The Japs love this strap...

Mods are: T21 gen crystal & Gen crown & tube.

Here's what I picked up from Spin earlier, no mods done though...

Please excuse the quality, cos it's nite-time here in Singapore, taken on my N82...

19092008973wrapir8.jpg

19092008975wrapqc2.jpg

19092008974wrapme4.jpg

Looks really good!

7750?

The watch parts I sold came straight from DW himself, the pushers are correct and as they should be, they are asymmetrical to the crown, the lower pusher being further away from the crown than the top pusher....

If you open the case back you will see the "mystery movement", (which I think is loosely based on the V23) and is 100% working and keeping good time....

Cheers! B)

Yes the Rolex coronet is positioned higher in the first picture, and then lower in the second :)

A real beauty & 1 of my favs. :wub: But you should try to get a replacement bezel (the '90' in yours is misaligned).

Thank you for the kind words from one of the most respected vintage rollie masters on here... :notworthy:

I think DW's new acrylic bezels (this current batch, at least) all suffer from this defect. I remember that Stephane's bezel is also like that. Hopefully DW's newer batches have this corrected. I've highlighted this to Spin too. But for me now, i'm aiming towards procuring a gen crown & gen T21. The stock bracelet is crap though. Looking forward to learning more from you, freddy... :)

I'd also like to add that I remember you mentioning pretty long ago, that the gen 78350 bracelet c/w 557 endlinks will fit , though 571 ones are the correct type?

I think DW's new acrylic bezels (this current batch, at least) all suffer from this defect. I remember that Stephane's bezel is also like that. Hopefully DW's newer batches have this corrected. I've highlighted this to Spin too. But for me now, i'm aiming towards procuring a gen crown & gen T21. The stock bracelet is crap though. Looking forward to learning more from you, freddy... :)

The last few bezels I got were fine, but I think he must have received a bad batch, which is what you guys got with your watches. I would (& do) replace the crowns/tubes for gen parts, but I would definitely make getting a replacement bezel a priority, because, as it is, having a mistake like that mis-aligned '90' on the front of your watch is a dead give-away. But, all that aside, your watch is beautiful just the way it is.

I'd also like to add that I remember you mentioning pretty long ago, that the gen 78350 bracelet c/w 557 endlinks will fit , though 571 ones are the correct type?

I use either a gen folded link 7835 (the 78350, which is also correct for the 6263, has solid links) with 357 end links or a strap fitted with a gen Rolex SS clasp on all of my 626x Daytonas. 71N, 271, 371 & 571 are the proper (& best fitting) end links for a Daytona with a 7835 bracelet, but a 7835 with the correct end links are nearly impossible to find (the end links on a 7835 are fixed permanently). However, the 357s will fit a Daytona case & can be found with a bit of patience

623920121.jpg

The last few bezels I got were fine, but I think he must have received a bad batch, which is what you guys got with your watches. I would (& do) replace the crowns/tubes for gen parts, but I would definitely make getting a replacement bezel a priority, because, as it is, having a mistake like that mis-aligned '90' on the front of your watch is a dead give-away. But, all that aside, your watch is beautiful just the way it is.

Thank you very much for your informative reply, dude. Appreciate it lots...

I've already contacted Spin to check with DW, but it is true that he got a bad batch...

I use either a gen folded link 7835 (the 78350, which is also correct for the 6263, has solid links) with 357 end links or a strap fitted with a gen Rolex SS clasp on all of my 626x Daytonas. 71N, 271, 371 & 571 are the proper (& best fitting) end links for a Daytona with a 7835 bracelet, but a 7835 with the correct end links are nearly impossible to find (the end links on a 7835 are fixed permanently). However, the 357s will fit a Daytona case & can be found with a bit of patience

623920121.jpg

Wow, 357 endlinks... not sure if i can get one. Do you happen to have spares? :p

What a waste the 577 won't fit... found one on ebay with the 78350 bracelet, wondering whether i can mount it onto mine without mods.

The DW bracelet sucks big time, though...

Beautiful piece you have. I know my case c/w pushers is wrong with this dial, but i really love this panda dial... :)

Thank once again for sharing your wealth of knowledge!

Wow, 357 endlinks... not sure if i can get one. Do you happen to have spares? :p

Sorry, no spare 7835s. Because of their expense, I only buy what I need. ;)

Beautiful piece you have. I know my case c/w pushers is wrong with this dial, but i really love this panda dial... :)

When matching pushers to your watch/case, remember this

• Oyster on dial = screw-type pushers
  • No Oyster on dial = non-screw pushers

Also, I believe that only the non-Oyster Paul Newmans (6239, 6241, 6262 & 6265) contained the word 'Daytona' on the dial. The Oyster Newmans (6240, 6263 & 6265) did not contain the word 'Daytona'.

Sorry, no spare 7835s. Because of their expense, I only buy what I need. ;)

When matching pushers to your watch/case, remember this

• Oyster on dial = screw-type pushers
  • No Oyster on dial = non-screw pushers

Also, I believe that only the non-Oyster Paul Newmans (6239, 6241, 6262 & 6265) contained the word 'Daytona' on the dial. The Oyster Newmans (6240, 6263 & 6265) did not contain the word 'Daytona'.

Thanks for enlightening me, will keep this in mind, buddy! :notworthy: