When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you remember your first timepiece ?

wjlamp

I was wondering the other day, if the memories of the first watch on your wrist are still intact.

My memories go back to the "mature "age of six {6),when I was pushing hard for my dad's watch.

He finally gave in and let me wear it . It was a Venus made in 1950, his marital gift at that time .

First day in school , but it was the last day for the watch. Some guy gave me a push and I crushed it on a wall.

Needless to say what happened back home.

If you want to relate your first story , please do.

Edited by wjlamp

First Communion (the Catholics in the audience will understand.) I got a diver-style watch with a black bezel. Way cool.

Lucky bugger, I got a candle!

Still got my first 'proper' manual wind up watch - SEKONDA, 34mm, white face, roman numerals, made in the USSR! for my 16th. It's survived a lot and has now retired to the watch box.

back when i was a kid (9yrs old or so) my dad used to have (i think it was gold plated) omega.. i dont know what model it is.. but the face is square and its gold colour.. back then i didnt kno much about watches.. so all i know is that it was an omega..

my dad always tells me that its a gen.. but i don't know whether it is or not.. i wished i hadn't lost it now.. because i wanted to see it (now that i have much more knowledge about watches).. but there are some things that he said contradicts the watch.. he said that it is gen and gold plated.. but is there any vintage gold plated omegas? from wat ive seen all gold omega watches are solid gold.. but i'll let the expert decide..

from wat i can remember.. it looks something like a vintage de ville tho :) square face and gold plated bracelet :S

Edited by arminvanbuuren

In the early 1980ties, about the time I started school, I got a Timex, classic analog quartz watch with a nice graduated blue dial... I think it might still be in some box at my parents home... :)

I remember my fathers silver dial manual wind Omega Seamaster, which he got from his wife (my mother) in the early 60'ties... To bad it is lost at the moment. :(

First Communion (the Catholics in the audience will understand.)

Oh yes, that was back in the 60ies and I got a IAXA (unfortunately not a Tissot which was THE communion watch)

It was with a white dial but I couldn't find anything else but this

Iaxa.jpg

My second Communion for me was in 1972, or something, and I got a revolutionary watch looking like this.

http://www.ledwatches.net/photo-pages/commodore2.htm

Not exactly the same but with red leds and buttons that displayed hour/minutes - seconds probably - and day/date

Cheers

Stephane