When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

eta beginmariner?

arminvanbuuren

i just recieved a beginmariner from trustytime today.. but when winding it i notice that it winds both ways (so i thought omg did he just sent me a sub with eta movement in it? then i used another method looking at how the date changes when it goes to 12.. and yes again it shows eta signs.. usually ASIA "ETA" 2813 starts changing dates when it is at around 11:40 or so.. but on my beginmariner it flicks right at 12.. one other thing is the rotor.. usually asian 21j movement has a very noisy rotor.. mine is very quiet...

my question is is there such thing as an eta beginmariner? and is your beginmariner like this? because if i did really get an eta beginmariner that would be really good!

Armin,

you should be able to spot the difference with the sweep. Also, the 21J Asian basic movement feels completely different when winding. ETA feels substantial and solid, Asian 21J is much more "toy like".

Perhaps you have some of those new "Asian ETAs" with a 28.800bph movement?

How's the date font? Can you post any pics?

I have the same exact watch from the same dealer and although it doesnt wind both ways, it does have a quick-set date change feel, it flicks over right @ 12 and changes very quick...I took the back off and i noticed many differences from other peoples noobmariners...the rotor is all silver and doesnt have rolex on it like others, kinda disapointed me..however the feel of the wind is def a 21j, when you wind the watch side by side with a 28bph you def. can feel the difference, a 28bph seems to be much firmer and more solid like bytor said, and gives a little more resistance when winding...do you have any other higher bph watches to put it next too and see? im curious if you have the time to open up the back and take pics id like to see if its the same as mine which was purchased about 3 weeks ago...enjoy your new watch its a good 1 and the thing is great in water ive went swimming, showering and all and the thing holds up like a champ

Edited by UB7

Armin,

you should be able to spot the difference with the sweep. Also, the 21J Asian basic movement feels completely different when winding. ETA feels substantial and solid, Asian 21J is much more "toy like".

Perhaps you have some of those new "Asian ETAs" with a 28.800bph movement?

How's the date font? Can you post any pics?

yeh i'll post a pic.. i couldn't manage to open the back because i don't have the tool.. usually i use the ball of masking tape method.. but this one is sealed tight.. winding it feels alot more like my yachtmaster "perfect" (feels more solid, like theres a force when ur winding it) then the upo lite (which has the new asia "eta" with 28800bph) and the upo lite doesnt wind both ways and the date doesnt flick when it changes at 12..

font is very similar once again to my yachtmaster "perfect".. but yeh heres the pic

datefone.jpg

sorry for the quality.. but im in a rush lol :)

Edited by arminvanbuuren

How can you tell if it "winds both ways" if you cant open it to look? im assuming you dont mean the crown winds in both directions becasue i have never heard of that before.

Lonnie

when i turn the clock anti clockwise.. the gears inside moves.. ok i dont mean it as in technically winding the watch.. but with the asia eta 2813 in the upo lite it doesn't do this.. and from what i've known only eta movements do this.. that's y i made thsi thread.. another thing is that the rotor is very quiet like, in the upo lite and other asia 7750 movements.. the rotor is very noisy..

another thing that i also feel is that when winding it feels very solid (like theres a resistant).. and in the upo lite it feels no resistant at all.. winding it is very smooth as well.. and it does have the quick set date..

EDIT: actually i managed to open the caseback.. it looks like an eta movement but no stamping on it.. so my guess is like wat by-tor said.. maybe its one of those new "asian ets 2813" however its a different movement to that of the upo lite.. which seems to be a copy of the miyota movement..

Edited by arminvanbuuren

Yep, Josh's beginmariner comes with the DG2813. This movement comes in either color, silver or gold. Look for the WO mark under the balance- the balance is the wheel that turns, also called the balance spring. WO is the symbol for PT Resources, the mfr of the DG2813- over in China, of course. Your rotor should look the same as UB7's only gold in color- big rotor screw and no ball bearings like an eta rotor.