When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you think about this Japanese site's 16610?

Guest kotaro

Hi, Rolex experts..

This Japanese site's 16610 is look so good! CG, insert are nice.

http://shopping.e-conveni.net/item_info.ht..._id=701030&

I've already search, I can find some posts but I can't find buying experience from this site.

I think it made from china, ETA2836-2, 316L, price is about $252.

How do you think this 16610? IS this scam? Anyone bought 16610 from e-conveni?

Edited by kotaro

Thank you poopypants!

Wow, daytona is pretty good looking, Valjoux7750 model is about $942!!

116520-7750b.jpg

r00392l.jpg

hmmm, is this be worth? or It is not so good as it looks?

Edited by kotaro

well as for the Noobmariner... Its the best sub rep you can buy right now... isnt that an Asian movement with red wheel in there? You can get those from TTK for like $100.. They are the cheapest and the BEST submariner rep all at the same time. i've never seen a real ETA that color before.. looks sandblasted.

For the Daytona.. isnt that Valjoux 7750 butchered and modded with the 11 extra gears the same way the asian 7750 is? The asian 7750 is fairly reliable untill you toss this POS conversion plate into it...

If its modded the same way as the asian seconds @ 6 Daytonas, then....

tick... tick... tick... :blowup:

UMMM...did you say $942? Looks indentical to andrew and josh's daytona for $250 and change...Worse IMOP the movement in mine from andrew says daytona around the center screw like the real deal...Your willing to paying an extra 700$ for a better crown guard? No way in hell get one from andrew or josh...

[censored] all you want to. Honpo are the originators of "super reps". And unlike our current ones they are super. Unfortunately they are priced accordingly. I would kill for their PAM 194 with actual titanium case. Their 2892/3's with movement mis-spelling and beautiful rotor engraving are still the standard for PAM automatics and subsequent modding. Their 187 with the lousy movement and its other faults is still the only 187 with true gen-quality bezel, screwed in bezel markers and proper proportions.

On the Daytona, I have no idea whether their offering is any good but I would love to have access to their product. Unless something has changed you have to speak Japanese and reside there. :)

well as for the Noobmariner... Its the best sub rep you can buy right now... isnt that an Asian movement with red wheel in there? You can get those from TTK for like $100.. They are the cheapest and the BEST submariner rep all at the same time. i've never seen a real ETA that color before.. looks sandblasted.

For the Daytona.. isnt that Valjoux 7750 butchered and modded with the 11 extra gears the same way the asian 7750 is? The asian 7750 is fairly reliable untill you toss this POS conversion plate into it...

If its modded the same way as the asian seconds @ 6 Daytonas, then....

tick... tick... tick... :blowup:

Thank you L-dizzle.

There are 2 versions, one is $120 the other is $252. When I see $120 watch's pictures, it have a red wheel (maybe asian), but I can't see a movement part at $252 pictures (only explanation). I feel doubt that $252 watch have a really ETA in it or not.

[censored] all you want to. Honpo are the originators of "super reps". And unlike our current ones they are super. Unfortunately they are priced accordingly. I would kill for their PAM 194 with actual titanium case. Their 2892/3's with movement mis-spelling and beautiful rotor engraving are still the standard for PAM automatics and subsequent modding. Their 187 with the lousy movement and its other faults is still the only 187 with true gen-quality bezel, screwed in bezel markers and proper proportions.

On the Daytona, I have no idea whether their offering is any good but I would love to have access to their product. Unless something has changed you have to speak Japanese and reside there. :)

Kuzer00, Thanks for your advice.

I am familiar with Japanese than English. ;)

Edited by kotaro

Thank you L-dizzle.

There are 2 versions, one is $120 the other is $252. When I see $120 watch's pictures, it have a red wheel (maybe asian), but I can't see a movement part at $252 pictures (only explanation). I feel doubt that $252 watch have a really ETA in it or not.

Of course it's not ETA (on Josh and Andrew's sites) it says ASIA 7750 :rolleyes: ,

The problem with the ETA at honpo's site is that it is not an "out of the factory" ETA, it is probably modded with an additional 11 gears to achieve the seconds at 6 feature, which makes those ETAs probably as unreliable as the modded Asian 7750 (either that, or they have faux seconds at six)

What's the point in spending almost a grand then? (if it's gonna break in 6 or 12 or even 18 months) ;)

Edited by millemiglia

Interesting thread, dredging up the Watchonpo site that used to be so hot around here at one time.

Has anyone figured out where their manufacturing base is for the models that our dealers can't get?

watchhonpo's site

mixed reviews from people around here...

its the noobmariner... Hence, the serial : F520117

honestly, his DAYTONAS are awesome and look like Generation1 DW models...

PP

Do they have an english version of this site? I have no idea whats going on there, but that SUB looks good.

That is an old pic of the original seconds @ six daytona with modified SWISS ETA 7750. It is no longer in production. Ken used to be a good dealer with good watches but someone on the board not long ago said he was ripped off by Ken. It seems he is still doing business with his overseas clientele but robbing americans? I would stay way.