When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got my sub, questions about movement

trance220

I ordered the swiss ETA from trusty time, the $218 model. Looking at the movement, there is no markings or stampings on the movement anywhere. Its a solid gold colored movement. I thought it was supposed to have the Rolex stampings along with the eta identifying mark(s)? Did I receive the right sub?

My camera's on the blink ,so no pics of the movement unfortunately...

sounds like an asian eta copy.. the real ETA has markings of course. I wouldnt send it back because you may never see it again considering customs seizures and all. The new Asian ETA copies are pretty good apparently so its prob not worth the risk of returning it as long as its working. I would definatley contact Trusty and ask him whats going on and maybe you can get a partial refund or credit. Doesnt hurt to ask

Lonnie

I'm with Lonnie on this one, I'm not sure it's worth sending back. Maybe Andrew would give you $100 credit towards another watch, or something like that. I've got the eta copy movt in the noobmariner from River and it's doing fine, looks just like an eta 2836 w/o the markings. Paul was even showing pics of an eta copy w/ the markings- how are we ever going to be able to tell the difference between what's real and what's a copy. Here's a pic of River's copy movement- this is what yours should look like.

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/riv...TA%20Submarine/

Andrew also sells the noobmariner w/ the asian 21j for $118 like Josh. Maybe he'd send you one of those and call it even!

Then you'd have two subs!

It certainly wouldnt hurt to ask, but on 1 of my daytonas the crown wouldnt spring out to the winding position it just screwed back down instead of winding..So I told him that I would take a credit towards future purchase and he said (from email) "my prices are firm, because my prices are the best" which in all honesty they are pretty freakin good. This was also my 6th or so watch from him, i ended up sending it back and hes fixing it for free of course because it came like that - but yea - doesnt hurt to ask tho - i just dont understand whats wrong with your watch? it just doesnt have a stamp on it? My noobmarine from him didnt either and i was kinda dissapointd because i look at every1 elses and they have stamping but no1 will ever see that rotor except you so who really cares? If it is indeed the right ETA just w/ no markings its def. not worth it due to customs...Just my 2 cents - im sure youll have many good times with taht watch its built suprisingly tough as far as reps go!

Edited by UB7

It's not that I'm complaining or anything, I just wanted to make sure I received what I paid for. The movement is exactly like the one in "river's" watch. I just wish that in the product description they would say Asian copy movement rather than calling it a swiss eta 2836. That seems misleading to me. I'm going to keep the watch, but other vendors will get my business from now on...

Edited by trance220