When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please Help! Noobmariner Clasp Replacement Question!

Guest kotaro

Dear rolex experties....

I considering buying a noobmariner with ETA copy 2836. I think there are one problem, that is noob's crown-mark on the clasp is not so good.

Noobmariner bracelet serial is 93250, and GMT 2 bracelet serial is 78790 as below.

gmt-ao-aka.jpg

When I compare with 93250's clasp and 78790's clasp, 78790's clasp is better looking, but I'm not sure whether both are same or not.

So, I need your help.

These 2 clasp are same or Not?, If 78790's clasp is better, can I replace a 93250's clasp with a 78790's clasp?

Please let me Know...

Thanks.

Edited by kotaro

uuhmmm thats not a "Noobmariner"... thats a "GMT Master II".

If you want an actual "Noobmariner" Submariner you can get one from TTK with the Asian movement for about $100 and it wont have an off center clasp stamp. I dont think he sells GMTs though. A noobmariner is a SPECIFIC watch that only TTK sells :) Most others have more cosmetic inaccuracies (rehaut, date mag, crown guards etc)

sure you can swap the clasps around. Its as easy as taking out some screws and a pin. The one rolex crown stamp on that GMT clasp is way off center..

Lonnie

CAN WE GET SOMETHING STRAIGHT HERE.....THESE ARE NOT 'NOOBMARINERS'....I DO NOT SELL ETA MOV'T 'NOOBMARINERS'....NOR 16613'S......THESE ARE NOT EVEN SUBMARINERS.....!

THE ONLY 'NOOBMARINER' THAT IS SOLD ON THESE BOARDS IS SOLD BY ME....IN STRAIGHT 16610 OR 16610 LV VERSIONS ONLY.........THERE ARE 'NYMPHOMARINERS' / 'BEGINAMARINERS'....'WANNABEMARINERS' ......'PERFICKMARINERS'.....ALL OVER THE PLACE LIKE WILD MAN'S SHYTE....BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE 'NOOBMARINER' AND THAT'S MINE...AND WHEN YOU POST THAT YOUR 'NOOBMARINER'...WHICH IS NOT A 'NOOBMARINER' HAS A PROBLEM......IT REFLECTS ON MINE.....SO WOULD YOU AND ANYONE ELSE WHO DID NOT BUY THEIR NOOBMARINER FROM ME....PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CALLING YOUR 'NOOBMARINER' A BLOODY ' NOOBMARINER'.....THANK YOU,....!

Edited by TTK

Lonnie, you are right, it is a GMT 2 pictures for showing this bracelet (78790) & clasp.

Hmmm...Any answer?

If I can purchase only a clasp of S/S 20mm, who has a good one?

Edited by kotaro

@TTK - LOL, crazy how you coined a term thats turned SO popular, that everyone uses it to describe their sub (thats not a mbw) its kinda like Kleenex, or hell I work for a Large ISP, which provides Cable Internet, we get people bitching about their DSL all the time, and we tell them you called the wrong place. lol

Keep in mind one thing, Kotaro, the clasp on a GMT II is shorter than the standard submariner clasp. Your clasp is correct in that respect, it's just that your crown is off-center. Shoddy craftmanship in replica watch making- or lack of quality control. Maybe someone like Silix could sell you a GMT II band for a reasonable price. Give them a try.

HAHA yep... kleenex, Xerox, walkman, and now the Noobmariner!!

Lonnie

@TTK - LOL, crazy how you coined a term thats turned SO popular, that everyone uses it to describe their sub (thats not a mbw) its kinda like Kleenex, or hell I work for a Large ISP, which provides Cable Internet, we get people bitching about their DSL all the time, and we tell them you called the wrong place. lol

CAN WE GET SOMETHING STRAIGHT HERE.....THESE ARE NOT 'NOOBMARINERS'....I DO NOT SELL ETA MOV'T 'NOOBMARINERS'....NOR 16613'S......THESE ARE NOT EVEN SUBMARINERS.....!

THE ONLY 'NOOBMARINER' THAT IS SOLD ON THESE BOARDS IS SOLD BY ME....IN STRAIGHT 16610 OR 16610 LV VERSIONS ONLY.........THERE ARE 'NYMPHOMARINERS' / 'BEGINAMARINERS'....'WANNABEMARINERS' ......'PERFICKMARINERS'.....ALL OVER THE PLACE LIKE WILD MAN'S SHYTE....BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE 'NOOBMARINER' AND THAT'S MINE...AND WHEN YOU POST THAT YOUR 'NOOBMARINER'...WHICH IS NOT A 'NOOBMARINER' HAS A PROBLEM......IT REFLECTS ON MINE.....SO WOULD YOU AND ANYONE ELSE WHO DID NOT BUY THEIR NOOBMARINER FROM ME....PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CALLING YOUR 'NOOBMARINER' A BLOODY ' NOOBMARINER'.....THANK YOU,....!

This post has been edited by TTK: Today, 06:13 AM

That is the funniest [censored] ever.

We only want clear concise descriptions of products, so no one gets confused about what they are buying.

Don't go buying any incorrect repli-noobs. Only buy the original Noobmariner. Call your ripoff-mariner a noob and there will be consequences!

Don't be stealin' TTK's IP and ruining his brand's image with inferior product now....

NOT a jab at you TTK, I hope you're enlightened enough to appreciate the irony.

I hate to do this on a random thread but TTK if you could msg me in regards to you AP RO I have a question for you, your inbox is full...Thanks!

Were are you seeing this GMT w/ 2836? If your actually looking for a GMT i suggest you check out by-tors recent guide...If your looking for a "Noobmariner" than run a quick search for that theres a bunch of great info on these forums, the real noobmariner does not have ETA movt tho, but it is very accurate visually...

Edited by UB7