When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 005

UB7

Andrew...Ive never bought a rep from anywere else...Gotta pick your dealer and stick with them, and andrew is a great one at that, he stands behind all of his products and makes purchasing an enjoyable proccess - this is my 8th watch from him and out of the 8 ive only had a problem with 1 (my tt daytona) but he fixed the problem at no charge...This 005 is the cheap version w/ synth sapphire and 21j movt, got it for $130 I believe and it was well worth it!

Heres a black croc strap I just put on

PA020081.jpg

Thanks for helping me in choosing my 1st pam, you guys pointed me in the right direction and I absolutely love this watch! Thanks again

Edited by UB7

Thanks guys, what makes my CG better? I dont know much about pam's...Heres some requested pics:

PA030086.jpg

PA030084.jpg

PA030085.jpg

Last night I was kind of disappointed because the lume is lackluster...I assume the sandwich dials lume is much better but still I thought it would be a little better than it was...Other than that this watch is awesome and a great value buy @ 130$

Edited by UB7

Heres a pic of the lume fully charged - very weak, the hands glow decent but the numbers and markers dont glow at all, but other than that the watch is great! Who can relume this for me?

PA030099.jpg

Edited by UB7

Is there a recessed pin on this UB7? all the guys are wondering on the board, because the crownguard look bigger than the usual 005, and so does the crown, which is more like gen standard......guys, I think this is maybe the 14th version came out of China, the latest, that is why it looks different than the ones that we have!!

I've got a "Chepo" 005 as well and it's my favorite rep. Got mine from Josuha with the same 21J movement for I think $108 a year or so ago.

The nice part about the 21J movement is you don't have to worry about the recessed pin issue, your case back is like mine which as far as I can figure is pretty good.

However mine didn't have that nice thick crown like yours does...puts you ahead of the game there.

Re-lume with white C1 and you'll visually have an OUTSTANDING watch...if you're like me you don't care much it's got the wrong movement and my 21J has always keeps outstanding time and has never missed a beat.

Looks really nice, the strap especially sets it off nicely :)

If you try charging the lume from an LED torch, you might get better results (they always get a better result than bulb torches, the result would also depend, however, on the quality of the lube)

Wear it well :1a:

I saw it hanging close to a tree and I thought I was going to witness another panerai murder. Just making reference to the video that neil posted awhile back.

Glad to see that did not happen. Nice 005 you have there

Cheers

TWP

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words...TWP is there any chance you can relume this for me, $'s not an issue name a price as long as its reasonable

Just to put in a good word for TWP, but he did the lume job on the PAM 005 I bought from him. Well, you've seen his light sabres, haven't you? He is fast becoming a Master.

I can't wait to get my logo-love, TWP! :)

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words...TWP is there any chance you can relume this for me, $'s not an issue name a price as long as its reasonable

Please send me a pm concerning this. I am reluming two 005 dials later tonight. Could be an easy and quick exchange if I have the dials are already done ;)

I would love to have your business my friend.

Cheers

TWP

Edited by TWP

Wow, I totally agree with Pamman, something peculiar with that Cg+crown set...exceptional good and gen-like looking bits, the crown is almost Palp thickness, CG is better finnished and looks like larger in radius ?!

The CG lever inner tip is finally long enough to push the crown close enough to the case...new factory ? new version ? dying to know more...;-)

If this is the sign of the things to come in the future - I'm looking forward to it :)

Could you please post the photo of CG from the side, please ?

many thanks,

babola

Edited by babola

Babola

I just got a couple of these in ane they are impressive. Crown almost 2mm, some of the nicest rep crowns I have seen. The lever pin very nice. The cannon pinion is tall, with minute hand flush. The running seconds hand is already superlumed, although I cannot figure out why they would superlume the seconds hand and not the hour and minute hands?

The two i have are broken down for relume, but I will try to provide you with pictures today of crown guard and lever pin.

Cheers

TWP

Edited by TWP