When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Article At The Replica Watch Report

audemarsdan

Posted a new article on the Replica Watch Report: Are Fake Rolex Watches as Good As a Genuine Rolex?.

It's basically a discussion on how while a replica watch (even the best of them) may LOOK like a genuine watch it doesn't have the same level of quality control that the genuine watches exhibit.

I've also put up a gallery showing off Eddie Lee's awesome Franck Muller piece! :)

RSS Feed is available at Replica Watch RSS Feed

Posted a new article on the Replica Watch Report: Are Fake Rolex Watches as Good As a Genuine Rolex?

It's basically a discussion on how while a replica watch (even the best of them) may LOOK like a genuine watch it doesn't have the same level of quality control that the genuine watches exhibit.

What ?? You're kidding right ? Geeze .. who would have gussed ?. :blink:

Good Article, but I think everyone here knows how unreliable the Asian 7750 can be. I won't buy one until they get better, but then again some of these reps have some very good movements, ETA 2836 for example that can last a lifetime.

I've also put up a gallery showing off Eddie Lee's awesome Franck Muller piece! :)

Just to repeat what I said on TRC, I hope you got permission to use his photos.

And once more, I do not give you permission to use any of mine, just in case you were trawling the boards for free pics.

Just to repeat what I said on TRC, I hope you got permission to use his photos.

And once more, I do not give you permission to use any of mine, just in case you were trawling the boards for free pics.

I NEVER use individual's photos. I do use TTK's pics with his permission. If you do see pictures of yours on my site PLEASE let me know and I'll either remove them or give you photo credits. I'm not out to take advantage of anyone. All the information on my site is freely given. There's now much more free information on Replica Watch Report than there is actually in the book that it started out promoting! And I add as much as I can daily.

Yes the information may be basic for many of us long-timers, but there are many new people coming to this hobby (or curse, depending on how you see it) every day. 60%+ of the traffic to my site every day is from new visitors. I post alot of stuff keeping that in mind. I distinctly remember when I first started in this hobby 5 years ago. I was a complete newbie and would have appreciated information that might have been old news for everyone else...

Update: Hmm, I thought I had asked Eddie for permission to use his pics but I don't see an outgoing email doing so. I'll ask him now and remove them if he requires it. But Eddie and I have been friends for quite some time.

Richard

Edited by audemarsdan

@Pugwash,

Richard is highly respected on all our replica boards and his book is a must for all replica collectors or those wishing to buy gens and want to advoid the pitfalls.

Ken

I present this as food for thought.

You Richard are encouraged, of course, to respond.

I have been in e-book marketing for eons and know that the target market of this book

is not replica enthusiast, no it feeds off the insecurities of genuine watch buyers.

You say it's serves a purpose or saving a person from getting fleeced ?

Okay, that may well be, but those people are not us, we have the boards...

as do you.

For us here, it's like reading a months old newspaper where someone reported on our

insights, discoveries, and the new products that are released from our feedback,

to through the dealers, which is fed by our wallets.

You say it's great for the Newbie ? So you're doing them a favor ?

I say that Since this book is born from our sweat and inspiration, and purchases,..

thus if the goal was to help them,.. would it not be a free forum section

for them to browse, verses another source of sales ?

Isn't enough profit being made from the outside world, where you could at least

give something back, besides selling us your used replicas ?

You say most of the information is free.. I know that ploy... give enough info

to get them to buy...

You say not, them give them passwords to download the stuff...

Unless you are giving a cut to the board which I am not aware...even so, the logic

of allowing your invasive membership combined wigh advertising rights to our general

forum... is seriously flawed, as what you are taking from us, is making our

game more difficult to enjoy....

And it is a game.. so if anyone here is thinking of interjecting that I am taking

this too serious,.. I say to you, what use is our drive towards obtaining the most

perfect replica if someone with us is making holes in our tires..?

Bottom line is that you Richard are attempting to walk a crooked line that, though the

general opinion, is that your books are beneficial to your public,..it is dishonest, as you

state on your home page… "I don't buy or sell replicas."

For sure, it’s a detriment to us here,. to have a reporter for profit in our midst, which is what

you became Richard, when you decided to take the information you found here

and make a commercial enterprise from it.

I end this by stating that your friends can come to your aid…as friends do, beyond the greater good,.

but my opinion will stand, and I reserve the right to voice that opinion when confronted with your advertisements, in our forum, and would leave this place if ever management chose to deny me this right.

Mr. Tracy, I will start with your last point…

I end this by stating that your friends can come to your aid…as friends do, beyond the greater good,

I don't know Mr. Brown, never communicated with him, and don't have a vested interest in this little squabble.

Then, somewhere in the middle, you opined as follows…

I say to you, what use is our drive towards obtaining the most

perfect replica if someone with us is making holes in our tires..?

Mr. Tracy, take a look at the homepage for this web forum… The goal is NOT the quest for the Holy Grail… rather, it is too avoid being ripped off. Maybe there are two schools of thought on this issue. My school is that no one should be ripped off…period…whether they buy a rep knowingly or buy a rep unknowingly off of eBay. I personally do not want to see the creation of the holy grail, because I believe it will lead to lots and lots of people getting screwed when they think they are buying a genuine…but actually get a fake…

Then you say…

You say it's serves a purpose or saving a person from getting fleeced ?

Okay, that may well be, but those people are not us, we have the boards...

as do you.

Mr. Tracy, these boards are great for those with the time to actually find information. Without getting into the issue of newbs getting spanked for asking dumb questions…I will simply say that Mr. Brown's book answers a lot of questions for people new to this hobby and for those who would never buy a fake, but want to avoid being screwed….it is a service IMO.

then….

For us here, it's like reading a months old newspaper where someone reported on our

insights, discoveries, and the new products that are released from our feedback,

to through the dealers, which is fed by our wallets.

speak for yourself. I learned more about reps in reading Mr. Brown's book, then I ever imagined. The subtle differences in rep v. gen without having to search through hundreds of posts…it was a great read to say the least and very informative….some of us do not have the luxury of spending hours per day on these boards to find the info for ourselves. Yes, research is great, blah blah blah, but it sure is nice to have a little encyclopedia of knowledge at your finger tips that puts all the info in front of you in a coherent manor…

then…wow! You say this….

I say that Since this book is born from our sweat and inspiration, and purchases,

thus if the goal was to help them,.. would it not be a free forum section

for them to browse, verses another source of sales ?

"our"? are you serious? Did you help Mr. Brown compile his e-book? Did you take the time to put it together? Did you deal with the risk of legal action from GAF and others (which I would assume Mr. Brown has received considering his use of Rolex pics and pics of other brands)? Have you ever written a paper Mr. Tracy? Have you ever written a non-fiction book? Those things are accomplished because people spend considerable time and effort collecting data from multiple sources and then spend considerable time creating a coherent paper, e-book, or whatever… BUT the underlying info is collected from others… How is this any different? And how do you know if Mr. Brown does or does not have the knowledge to write those books himself? He has been around for some time…I would imagine that he is quite coherent in replica analysis…

(Or, is the real issue with you…the fact that his book might enable someone to spot your watch as a fake?)

then…

Isn't enough profit being made from the outside world, where you could at least

give something back, besides selling us your used replicas?

You say most of the information is free.. I know that ploy... give enough info

to get them to buy...

You say not, them give them passwords to download the stuff...

Unless you are giving a cut to the board which I am not aware...even so, the logic

of allowing your invasive membership combined wigh advertising rights to our general

forum... is seriously flawed, as what you are taking from us, is making our

game more difficult to enjoy....

What is your problem with capitalism or profit? Again, the man spend his time and money compiling, marketing, and dealing with the business/legal risks of what he is doing…so, why should he give it away? Why should he not capitalize on an idea to do what he did?

It is hypocritical for you to criticize his business when you and our dealers reap the benefits of ill-gotten intellectual property of companies that own the trademarks to the watches you wear on your wrist….

Amazingly, you defend one dealer's "lying" to customers in the dealer review section, yet you sink your teeth into Mr. Brown's business venture as if he was selling heroin to school children…again…I am simply amazed at the hypocrisy.

Then…

Bottom line is that you Richard are attempting to walk a crooked line that, though the

general opinion, is that your books are beneficial to your public,..it is dishonest, as you

state on your home page… "I don't buy or sell replicas."

First, do you know if Mr. Brown sells or buys reps, or are you just talking out of your [censored]? (Personally, I hope he is not a purchaser or seller of reps, because I do not approve of lying…but I do not know the answer to your accusation…so I will wait for Mr. Brown to defend himself on that issue) But, second, the hypocrisy in your accusation amazes me. Again, I point you to your own comments in dealer review where you bent over backwards to defend the questionable tactics (i.e., lying) of a dealer…passing it off as okay because if we don't like it, then we don't have to do business with them…

Then…

For sure, it's a detriment to us here,. to have a reporter for profit in our midst, which is what

you became Richard, when you decided to take the information you found here

and make a commercial enterprise from it.

Anyone critical of profit in the rep game is fooling themselves. Again, we are talking about an industry founded on STEALING intellectual property from other companies…and you want to give [censored] to Mr. Brown? He found an angle…he put together a product…and he sold it…and the problem? Did Mr. Brown really find the information here? Or are you in reality enjoying information that was actually made possible, in part, by Mr. Brown? (He has been around for quite some time Mr. Tracy…I would imagine that he knows a thing or two). But more importantly, he expended the time and resources to put his product together...so why not charge for his efforts?

At the end of the day, I believe that Mr. Brown's product benefits far more than it "irritates" or hurts. If you think the man stole your (or someone else's) intellectual property, then tell him so...otherwise, what exactly are you bitching about? Afraid some shmo may call out your rep because they read Mr. Brown's book?

I'll add that Mr. Brown is probably one of the most knowledgeable people on these boards. He actually KNOWS stuff that the rest of us can benefit (and have for the last several years). Long before you showed up, we were all learning from HIM.

You're rant is totally out of place, richard tracy. Compared to Mr. Brown, who has been researching reps for years, you and I are newbie's.

.....and I have been around for awhile.

Richard Tracy's rant is quite remarkable. It's like a newbie who just learned how to adjust his watch bracelet telling The Zigmeister not to ruin the board with his "unwanted" comments about watch repair and operation and accusing him of stealing information from other "experts like himself" on the board.

I make no claims of being an old hand, but I've been a member of TRC and RWG for a couple of years, during which time membership on the boards, particularly RWG, have positively exploded. Rest assured RB was an expert on reps back when the Richard Tracys of the world (and the me's) didn't know Eddie Lee from Sara Lee.

Edited by kanerich

My opinion.

Richard Brown has been a friend to the rep business for many years. He and I have "talked" on a number of occasions, and I have always found him to be a true gentleman, and very giving of his time and knowledge.

You all can find a FAQ in our knowledge base. This is based in the main on Richards work, ( with a few additions of my creation) When this was first composed, I advised Richard that I was " cutting & shutting" his work, and he had no problems. I then gave the revised work to Blade, to be posted on RWG1, but asked Blade to clear it with Richard first. To my embarrasment- Blade just posted it - without even an acknowledgement to Richard. I immediately wrote and apologised, and received a most positive response... because Richard WANTED this sort of info for all replica people to read.

When we were in the process of moving here, I again contacted Richard for an OK to use his work- He not only gave it , but assisted with some revisions.

I have his book, and it is a valuable part of my library, and I look forward to updates, even though I no longer collect reps!

For mine- more power to Richard and his ilk, we can only hope that in our newb breeding grounds, there are more like Richard coming through.... because it will make this and other forums better and happier places to be.

Offshore

Richard is highly respected on all our replica boards and his book is a must for all replica collectors or those wishing to buy gens and want to advoid the pitfalls.

I get this, but uncredited 'borrowed' photos? I'm going to bow out of this one as I don't know Richard, and don't want to be seen as picking on one of your friends ... unless it's Asspire Paul, of course. :D

watcher71,

You would dispute my telling you that your hair was on fire..

How did I know you would be the first to throw your crumpled cap into this discussion ?

Is it that you are angry that you cannot bring your political non-compassionate conservative

b.s. over here from over there ?

Are you still angry at my lack of understanding of your statement, that if the world

were to become a global community, it would find you in your closet holding on to your

guns ?

Whatever,...it is, you need to let it go and move on...

This latest cut up, with all it's quotes, and twists is not worthy of the law professional that

you claim to be.

Maybe a paralegal huh ?

How can you tie my interpretation of Neils non-actions to a defense thereof ?

How can you overlook the main crux fact of this whole issue that Richards books are not

geared towards replica buyers ? But Genuine buyers..

How can you sit up there and preach that his books are the replica bible, when

Richard himself stated the information was basic ?

You cannot,.. you are simply doing what you have always done... instigate until you feel

you have your chance to exact some sort of hollow revenge, for what seems to be an anger

over my confusion at your inability to grasp a global perspective.

kanerich, you know squat about me or, how many years I have been collecting reps...

robertk,. Richard's knowledge is not the subject of this discussion,.. it's the audience and

methods he chooses to disperse that information that is..

Offshore...you have always been fair and unbiased..and I will consider your words..

However I know that other's besides me, understand my confusion and see the conflict of

interest.. as they, like me, never see Richard enriching our forums.. adding to our discussions,..

only quick advertising links to his sales sites.

Which demonstrates what, about his goals and purposes ?

watcher71,

kanerich, you know squat about me or, how many years I have been collecting reps...

Do you assert then, that you know more about reps or have been into the hobby longer than RB? Have you written a book on the subject? Opened and run your own forum? It's unbelievable that even after a moderator of this board acknowledged RB's contributions to the rep community, you pretend like that's a subject for open debate. Between who, you and yourself?

You're right, I don't know you. But not knowing what you're talking about sure didn't keep you from going off on RB. Turnabout's fair play chumley. You dish out a lot better than you take it.

Whatever richard. You always take it personally when people dont agree with your opinion...always have since I have been coming around these boards and always will I guess...Your word is not gospel...

I stand by what I said I above...

Have a happy memorial day weekend!

kanerich,

Edited per our pm'ed understanding...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Watcher71..

No matter as my opinions my be different from yours, I still see you as fellow member

who has demonstrated a caring in longevity with us, and thus accept your thoughts

as valid to you.

Same to you... Have a Happy Memorial !

Richard, you will hear not another word about this subject from me.. I just had to let you

know what I thought..

Maybe one day if, my idea is wrong....you will be so gracious as to show me my error..

The only thing i have to testify here is that way before i found RWG i found Richards Brown book, it was valuable information for me i was lost and ready to buy some idealwatch [censored] thing and after the book i undrestood that the rep world goes very deep, So after proper googling (but the book gave me the motivation) found RWG and salvation. RB book is great for a newbie , if you are a frequent member here you dont need the book but for all others is valuable.

The price is right, the effort for this book to be made is huge, its not easy to compile a book even if you have the info..

IMHO , tracy i know you are a highly educated man and i belive there is something more behind this "attack" but in my eyes RB stands correct.

John

kanerich,

Who TF are you ? What actions, do I look to, which are supposed to give me reason why

I, or anyone, should give a care about what you think ?

Again... you know nothing about me or what I know.. so why keep talking ?

As for my opinion regarding RB,... if you cannot form a dispute of your own, which

counters mine in any competive manner,.. then best not speak, at least that way, some

would get the impression that you had a thought.

I don't take any of this personally. I understand that my earlier posts were a bit obnoxious in tone, so I do apologize if I was unnecessarily flippant when you were being serious.

But that having been said, who TF am I? Well, if we're going to go down that path who TF are you? Who TF are most of us on this board? We're just some guys posting opinions. You want to say I'm wrong, fine. I am often wrong about lots of things. But don't get into how you're smarter than me or more credible than me. That's neither here nor there. And don't tell me who can and can't post on this board, and what opinions are "worthy" of inclusion and which are not. That's not your call to make.

Edited by kanerich