When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Submariner Date Steel and Gold

dax

Got the chance to buy a GEN, can only afford one.

I've seen a GEN Submariner Date Steel and Gold, mint cond for 2700 and a ROLY YM for 2800

which one is best value for money?

Model No:16613 Quote Ref:RO-5763S RRP:

The price quoted makes me a bit suspicious. Have you checked out the seller to be sure he's legit? I wonder....... You might do well to post good, clear photos of both watches (front, side & back).

That aside, I am not a big fan of either the YM (gaudy & silly-looking) or gold tool watches (just gaudy), but, between the two, I would go with the two-tone Sub (lesser of 2 evils).

I should also say that I really hate these types of questions, because only YOU know what you like. What works for me and my clothing- and life-style has absolutely no relevance for you or anyone else.

The real question is: Which one do YOU like better?

UPDATE: I see you added the specs. If the watches are being sold by a reputable AD, then I presume they are 100% gen and the paperwork matches the watches (serial numbers, styles, etc.). Therefore, you can disregard my suspicions.

Yep freddy, this stuff is in English English! I don't know what RRP means- Retail recommended price?? or vice versa, kinda like MSRP. And I can't find the pounds symbol on my keyboard, or the euro symbol either! But if you are buying from an AD, there's nothing to worry about- even more so if they've recently serviced the watch. Both of the gens that I've bought on ebay still had to be serviced- but when you buy on ebay, you take that into consideration.

2500 pounds is the limit for a 1990 Sub 16613 and a bit less for a black dias version. I bought one for 1250 a couple of months ago('L' serial) that just needed a good polish but did not have papers with it as they are pretty pointless on a watch that is 17 years old. It did have it's box and I sold it on for 1900 restored.

you cannot give Yachties away at the moment and this one should be no more than 3250 and offer 3000. :mellow:

For the YM, It's definately a good price, every where else I've looked 3k-3.2k. Pity, it appears that someone has put an offer in for it. I'll wait and see if it gets sold. I've emailed the seller to show my interest.

He has some nice subs from