When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wow, really?

Victoria

http://www.jomashop.com/breitling-aeromari...a1739010-g5-282

Retail Price: $2,450.00

I am considering buying Silix' special on the SFSO, despite the fact that I hate SS bracelets. So, not knowing the first thing about Breitlings, that hyper-macho marque, I looked up the price.

Don't know what I expected, but maybe in the realm of U$5-8K for Breitling SFSO.

And RETAIL it's less $2500?? Sheesh. No offence, but you can't even get a base PAM for that price -- USED.

This is a watch that easily any middle-class guy could own, without raising eyebrows. I'm guessing the SFSO flies very much under the radar, when gen owners try to out reps in parties, etc.?

Too bad FxrAndy is on manoeuvres, since of course, he recently compared his with a gen owner's version. The guy didn't have a clue.

$2200?? ive actually seen these on the gen forums selling used for under $1500.

I'm really surprised. I always thought Breitlings were worth the earth, or at least put Sub Rolexes to shame. Oh, I'm sure there are very pricey Breitlings out there, of course. But the SFSO I though AT LEAST $4K, USED.

Most men's luxury marques are quite affordable, then. Tag Heuer Links, Omega SMP, Breitling SFSO. These are all well-under $3k.

No wonder some guys only know or want to know Rolexes...it's the only one which actually does say, "I spent a wad on this watch", and that's important to some people as proof of their earning power.

I'm really surprised. I always thought Breitlings were worth the earth, or at least put Sub Rolexes to shame. Oh, I'm sure there are very pricey Breitlings out there, of course. But the SFSO I though AT LEAST $4K, USED.

Most men's luxury marques are quite affordable, then. Tag Heuer Links, Omega SMP, Breitling SFSO. These are all well-under $3k.

No wonder some guys only know or want to know Rolexes...it's the only one which actually does say, "I spent a wad on this watch", and that's important to some people as proof of their earning power.

True on all counts. New at the AD, the SFSO is $2700 in Canada. Not crazy at all, which as a rep can make it more desireable as it's more believeable. There are some of the solid gold Breitlings which are obviously much more, but they certainly don't even come close to approaching the really expensive pieces like a Vacheron Tourbillon.

At a party, we were talking watches, and one of the guys had a TT Sub (standard with blue), and people were oohing and aaahing over it. Other people had basic Tag links, an SMP, etc...When he mentioned that he also had a Breguet, people didn't even blink or show any awareness of the brand...as Breguet's are marketed at people a few paygrades higher...so conversation went back to the Rollie...people knew that Rollie = luxury. I asked if it was a tourbillon and the guy had no clue what I was asking about...so he knew the Breguet brand, but nothing really about the watch.

There are few in my circles who even know what PAM is...let alone how much a gen is...but they ooh and aaah over my wife's kitzchy Swatches. ;)

I want to take the Silix SFSO deal plunge...just waiting to hear back from an email... because out of principle, a rep that is a close copy on the outside as well as on the inside (movement wise) has a certain cool-factor in my books as a rep-for-reps sake.

I agree with jfreeman.

Everybody knows that I'm a huge fan of the whole Rolex sports line, but the SteelFish easily puts ANY Rolex into shame, at least if we're talking "feel" and wrist presence.

SFSO might not be the most beautiful watch ever, but it's really heavy and thick piece of steel for big wrists... without being clumsy and unbalanced like the 45mm Planet Ocean. SFSO is a perfect "macho diver". Who really cares what the price is? :)

Err, V - I gotta step in and ask, are you sure it's not going to be a bit big for you?

As you know, I've got a 6.5" wrist and after much teeth gnashing I've decided it's just too big for me, this watch has a massive presence.

Err, V - I gotta step in and ask, are you sure it's not going to be a bit big for you?

As you know, I've got a 6.5" wrist and after much teeth gnashing I've decided it's just too big for me, this watch has a massive presence.

Rima, you're right. :(

I'd much rather save for a TWP IWC Costeau Diver 2007. Guys, I want to buy a Breitling, especially at this fabulous offer, but I just can't see myself wearing this watch...

I'm 5'6", 150 lbs. with 6.5" wrists and I have no trouble wearing my SteelFish, EVO, 111h, 113g, and UPO XL. I guess the balance between wrist girth and forearms also have something to do it as well...

If I have time tomorrow I can post some wrist shots...

I'm 5'6", 150 lbs. with 6.5" wrists and I have no trouble wearing my SteelFish, EVO, 111h, 113g, and UPO XL. I guess the balance between wrist girth and forearms also have something to do it as well...

Yeah, but DuDro, you're a guy.

I'm also 5'6", 130lbs, with 5.7" wrists. I don't know what it is about me, but I can carry off a large watch like a 44mm. I think it's that I'm medium-boned, but not with a lot of "padding", and have what used to be called "good bearing", so I can pull it off.

If I have time tomorrow I can post some wrist shots...

Thanks! :)

Yeah, V, I know how you feel :(

Silix SFSO is quite the bargain, and I love bargains (I've been shopping on Cqout lately ;)) but sometimes you just have to say no, I can't wear this hockey puck.

Anyway, would you consider waiting for the 42mm Aquatimer chrono, allegedly arriving end of October? That's what I'm holding out for.

Jeez, do you really have over 60 reps? I've been on rep forums for 4 years now and I have about 30 watches.

It's interesting how some folks like the fact that the steelfish is a less expensive gen, while others see it as a detraction.

Personally, I don't like the idea of buying a rep that's 25% of the used value of the gen. I buy reps with the idea of getting watches that are way out of range of what I would realistically afford at this point in my life. That's just me, though...I can see how others would see it as a discounted way to get gens that they would otherwise buy at their more moderate gen prices.

• 3 weeks later...
Rima, you're right. :(

I'd much rather save for a TWP IWC Costeau Diver 2007. Guys, I want to buy a Breitling, especially at this fabulous offer, but I just can't see myself wearing this watch...

V dont worry about its size, my wife has been wearing it while i was away and says she likes it more than here Gen omega and the size look cool. But lets face both you any mt wife both wear 47mm pams and if you an carry that off you can wear any thing. Give it a go vic you will be pleased i promiss you!