When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wrist Check

By-Tor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up my Great White this morning but then realised it is Tokio Hotel day here.

Tokio Hotel ?

:blink:

A german pop band for teenagers and kids.

The Tokio Hotel Mania is almost as crazy as the Beatlemania was.

http://tokiohotel.pop24.de/tokiohotel2/index2_en.php

As I'm the happy father of an almost 12 years old daughter, I have to go to the concert!

:wub:

We will probably wait for 4 or 5 hours outside in the crowd to make sure we can be as close as possible to the stage.

So, shall I take the risk of loosing my Great White in that mess :o

No of course.

But I really need a Rolie on my wrist today.

I decided to wear the Noobmariner.

Please, have a thought for me poor old thing that will stand for a total of 7 or 8 hours

:yawn:

Cheers

Stephane

Stephane, I feel with you. I have a little niece that is crazy after these punks as well - but there is hope!

bundeswehr_agiert_im_innern.jpg

The Feldj

Stephane, I feel with you. I have a little niece that is crazy after these punks as well - but there is hope!

Well, I enjoyed them. I never saw such an enthousiasm for a band so far.

That Bill (singer) does not sing very well but smiles very well.

We were there at 15.30 and there was already a huge crowd.

We waited till 18.45 to enter and the concert started at 19.30.

Believe me or not, these girls screamed from 15.30 till 21.15 ! :Jumpy:

It is a kind of Beatlemania indeed.

We tracked them after the concert to follow them to the hotel...arrived at the hotel 30 seconds to late (they were already inside).

But a very nice "older" girl (16-17?), that had multiple signature of the band members, gave a signed concert ticket to my daughter.

It was Tom signature :yu:

Oh, very important: the Noobmariner survived

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 4 weeks later...
Arty -- Oops. Sorry to hear about the problems with your watch, but I am sure you will be able to get them sorted out. Josh has some very nice Lemania/Venus-based manual-wind vintage Daytonas, but mine are home-built franken-tonas which I constructed out of the following: case/hands from 'DW' (use the Search to locate a wealth of information on 'DW Daytona' kits); pushers (part no. PD 61.701 white) from Ofrei.com; New Old Stock (NOS) genuine Rolex: 6mm Twinlock crown/crown tube, Tropic 21 crystal & 19mm springbars collected from ebay & other sources; & an old 7835/357 folded link bracelet/end links set that I purchased on ebay & refurbished.

Depending on your patience, watchsmithing competence, parts selection & care (as well as luck), it is possible to produce a vintage Daytona that is almost identical to a gen in both appearance & function. This is my 6239 posing next to a gen 6239 that appeared in the special Rolex Edition of Watchtime magazine a few months ago. You can judge the final result for yourself

6239daytona-1024.jpg

I (and others) have posted numerous reviews, mini-tutorials & expos

5 Stars already?? :prop:

FRIDAY AND SATURDAY

I have a sweet tooth for Manifatture Firenze straps. When I saw this Python strap they were offering, which is an one-of-a-kind, never-to-be-repeated Prototype, I HAD to have it. HAD TO. Like men HAVE to have some women, you know? ;)

mfpythonsubwv6.jpg

I've thrown all my 44mm PAMs at it, from PAM 111 to PAM 177 and they all play. GORGEOUS!

mfpythondetailki6.jpg

L to R: Toscana Siena Carbon; Tootall Moroccan Sunset; Toscana Fiero; Mario Paci Senape; Taikonaut White Kangaroo. Below, the reverse side of the MF Python on the PAM 113.

pam113reversemfpythonsutk2.jpg

I may be a girl, but I like a bit of tail. :lol:

mfpythontailfo6.jpg

These nails were meant for scratching a man's back. ;)

(Editted since my boyfriend reads this. :bye1::lol:)

mfpythonscratchug9.jpg

SUNDAY

Remember what I just said about gold-leaf tattiness, the Over-The-Top Brunei Royal Family, and how much I prefer the Queen's understated ways? Fugehdaboudit!!

blingblingrolliedjkr1.jpg

Ice ice baby! Call me, Jfreeman!

blingdjfacepv7.jpg

@By-Tor: Yeah, I noticed you were here very seldomly recently. Puggy too, but he's out handing his CVs.

@Mark Eleven: Nice! And what is your country's holiday, if I may ask?

@ALL: Wow, 4 Rolexes in a row. Care to make it a Rollie Weekend? ;)

@TWP: Thanks so much. No brownie nails for me. They look rank on me. :lol: Autumn leaves, what's that? Actually, I have some friends up in North Carolina who are experiencing their first real autumn ever. And my boyfriend said that it was actually cold in Toronto yesterday...so autumn has truly sprung.

@TWP again: BTW, I've always been meaning to tell you that the 203, especially with your leather jacket, and the Fiddy, are my fave Wristies of yours. You look HAWT.

Hello V:

You make me scare ...You really make me scare...Why? I'm afraid of "Snake".....Can't imagine how can I "Wear" a snake on your wrist.....Ar...Ar...

Best Regards,

Raymond

Hello V:

You make me scare ...You really make me scare...Why? I'm afraid of "Snake".....Can't imagine how can I "Wear" a snake on your wrist.....Ar...Ar...

Wow, Raymond, talk about blast from the Wristcheck past!

Ahh, scared of snakes...I am also scared of a certain animal and I probably would feel the same as you, if I had to view it on someone's wrists. Sorry about that. :(

Unrelatedly, are you going to watch the new Indiana Jones film coming out soon? :p