When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of k2222 double-AR result

bklm1234

I sent 4 crystals to Jakub (k2222 at RWG) in Poland for his 1st double-AR run around September 1st. Got the crystals back Oct 10th. I immediately put one back in one of my Navitimers. The cost is $55 per crystal which includes stripping of existing AR, which is important to me because I don't know how to strip existing AR. Let's see the results.

Side by side with another Navitimer(s) with stock AR. Much less glare:

IMG_2315.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2322.jpg

positions swapped, to be fair. Same result, much less glare.

IMG_2321.jpg

Let's see some blue tint. Right with double-AR:

IMG_2323.jpg

positions swapped. Same results again, more blue tint.

IMG_2324.jpg

Blue tint, blue tint, I love you.

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

Put another one in my BCE. Again stock AR side-by-side Jakub's awesome double-AR.

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

There you see it. Double-AR really rocks. When Jakub or Chieftang runs it, you better jump.

I want to thank Jakub for doing this for many of us. He's a standup guy who really cares to do a good job. I have one crystal that's scratched. He took it to have it diamond polished without charging me extra. When the crystals took a while to get to me, I think he's more nervous than I was. Such attention to details is just admirable. We really are lucky to have him and cheiftang in our community.

-bk

Great comparison pics! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Really shows how good the double AR is; I can't stop looking at the 'invisible' crystal on my UPO (I'd intended to post some shots, but my photography skills aren't up to that yet).

Just to add to the other comments, Jakub really has done an outstanding job both organising and communicating, couldn't ask for more. :1a::1a:

prof

I sent 4 crystals to Jakub (k2222 at RWG) in Poland for his 1st double-AR run around September 1st. Got the crystals back Oct 10th. I immediately put one back in one of my Navitimers. The cost is $55 per crystal which includes stripping of existing AR, which is important to me because I don't know how to strip existing AR. Let's see the results.

Side by side with another Navitimer(s) with stock AR. Much less glare:

There you see it. Double-AR really rocks. When Jakub or Chieftang runs it, you better jump.

I want to thank Jakub for doing this for many of us. He's a standup guy who really cares to do a good job. I have one crystal that's scratched. He took it to have it diamond polished without charging me extra. When the crystals took a while to get to me, I think he's more nervous than I was. Such attention to details is just admirable. We really are lucky to have him and cheiftang in our community.

-bk

Thanks for sharing this info. I'm getting ready to do this myself, but I'm not sure how to remove and refit crystals - did you do it by yourself, or you had a watchsmith do it ? Is there any tutorial available how to do this somewhere ?

regards

Great results and great review! Thanks!

(Btw, I mistakenly rated it 'good idea'. I actually wanted to give it 'gold star'. My apologies. :doh:)

• 1 year later...