When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ghetto photoshoot with a Gen MontBlanc Timewalker

cc

Here's one of my favorite pieces. The Montblanc Timewalker Chrono. i have been reading Pugwash's "how to photograph watches" thread and Jiro's "how to enhance" thread and decided to take up a photoshoot project.

I was looking around the house looking for something transparent so i could set up a lightbox. I didnt want to go to Samy's Camera and buy one so i came up with a really ghetto idea..........here are the pics. btw please dont flame me...........

timewalker006.jpg

timewalker007.jpg

timewalker001.jpg

timewalker002.jpg

timewalker008.jpg

timewalker003-1.jpg

timewalker004-1.jpg

timewalker005.jpg

timewalker009.jpg

timewalker010.jpg

i need to brush up on my photography skills..............and a new lightbox................................. [smilie=cya.gif]

Not too shabby. Just remember this simple rule: The angle of incidence is the angle of reflection. If you take a piece of paper and get it's reflection into the angles not covered by the background or the light, you'll have one pro looking shot. Just think of light as being a stream of water, and bounce it from the angle of the bezel (or whatever) into the lens. Kinda like playing pool.

Oh yeah and a quick trick to make the crystal look "deep" reflect a piece of black paper into it.

Edited by capt_cope

I want one! I mean, one of each (light box and the Montblanc!) Nice job. John

I did a double-take when you mentioned that it was a gen. But the blued screws were the gen tell-tale sign.

I've got one too. Not a chrono, but a big date version (35419). Now after seeing yours , now I knida wished I got that one instead.

BTW, have any idea where I could get the leather "racing" strap? (with mini-holes on the band)

And lastly, they claim that their line has AR coating on the inside of the crystal. How can I confirm that?

@TTK: now i need to take pictures like that!!!!!!!

@Pix: the rep is very very close to the gen. dial spacing and case is spot on. the only real tell is the recessed dial and if you're a real montblanc fan.......the MB star is a dead giveaway.