When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seek And Bid To Find A Quite Good Val 72 Movement

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a Valjoux 72R?

seems to be a sort of legend .... if you mean the rolex one .... you must search about 722 and 727...

these are the Rolex variant with Breguet Overcoil & MicroStella Balance.... but they cost as a little utility car...

you can have all the info there

http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/2006/...valjoux-72.html

(thanks another time chuck for your patience with me for mine omega chronos ...you are the bible...)

What dial do you have? Btw do you have pics?

no photo yet cause i'm very lazy....(but you can find many like mine here ...around... UBI?!?!?)

the dial is the classical one for 6263 argentè with black compass...

i would like to have the black one ..but they have finished at this time

i was very lucky finding the movement ... a roamer 726 for 450 euro .... not from ebay...

my next project (but i will start after may.... ) will be a 6542 .... for this one i promise to do pics...

What do you say about this one?

i know ..i know ... quite clean...

but it sems to be a simple 72

search for a 726 ... the kit that i have (from DW) is perfect for this... (except for the bracelet...)

(after you have to do some work ...pushers ... the original tropic 21... a very good dial...)

M

Whats the difference betwwen a 726 and a plain 72? Or rather, what are the improvements, i mean if i compare a 726 and a plain 72 i do not see any difference....

i remember that 726 improvements are many ....but we should ask to someone more informed....

i will try to ask to one of my watch-mate.... in the next days i will give you an aswer ....

Edited by klingsor

Gen pushers are considerably better than those found on replica cases, including DW's. However, genuine pushers will not easily fit the DW case, because the thread pitch is too fine.

Seems like a comple tasks....what about using the screw pert of the DW pusher for the gen pusher....??

That's good thinking....But, alas, those parts are different sizes. Since the "shaft" of the gen pusher is larger, and it will not fit the other parts from the DW pusher.

hmmm... Anyway i found this guy in china that has some 6263 parts including Rolex engraved bridges, i do not know if these parts are the same as dws. By looking at the pics he sent me, the casebacks and cases are not the same as the ones dw sells, they look more like the ones that where sold on ebay almost as gen, if you remeber.

Jensen Dinh (sells on eBay as jdm_k20) has a steady supply of these cases and bridges, but his prices are excessive.

If you come across a source for reasonably priced VJ72 bridges, please PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

first sorry for my delay ... but my doctors have taken some days to rebuild me ......

i was in the hospital for a bad pneumonia taken in a recent work journey ...

many times ago i wrote to this china reseller... the parts cost too many from him....but he has some very good bridge.... but remember you can't do a perfect clone you need many things ... every modification made by rolex.... the "anglage" of all the movement parts....and many other impossible things... like the 722 or 727 engraving under the balance... i know one people who tried to use silver to remark this engraving.... the result .... a new platina needed...

so why to change also the bridge.... ?

some other things for who wants to do a 6263 .....

ebay item

220038151675 very clean ...i like it

150049932136 quite good

190044550490 very clean

150049932662 very clean

320040687829 to ask to seller the movement pics....

260044509842 quite good

300038726509 to ask to seller the movement pics....

270042877520 never seen ...clean .... no engravings under balance !!!! whow ....!

140044755929 could be better

110046263337 could be better 2

for all you .... :yu:

Guest RiverwindMDS
hmmm... Anyway i found this guy in china that has some 6263 parts including Rolex engraved bridges, i do not know if these parts are the same as dws. By looking at the pics he sent me, the casebacks and cases are not the same as the ones dw sells, they look more like the ones that where sold on ebay almost as gen, if you remeber.

Can you please PM me the contact info of this seller?

Thanks