When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seek And Bid To Find A Quite Good Val 72 Movement

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I"m trying to get into all this mod stuff you are talking about but I'm getting lost!

Anyway if anyone wants to bid for this watch you will be up against me!

Ebay no. 270042877520

One question guys, does the mystery movement dial fit the V72 movement. I guess the mountings are the same but a confirmation from one of you experts would be good.

you must try .... 270042877520 is a good choice you are free for me ... i have three semicomplete project going up ... this one is very interesting for the reason we told before....

The mystery movement dial has the correct subdial spacing, but the dial feet are in the wrong position. You can still use it, by removing the feet, and using "dial dots" or double sided tape to mount it on the VJ72.

yes as i done for mine ... but i have seen some dial done for this ... with feet in the right position ... one in a expo next me (the people wants 300 euro for it !!!! ) ... and one in a specialized shop next to Rome ... ( 380 euro !!!!)

i think it's better to find one like mine and to remove feet as Avit says

Hi collector. What you need is a tap 10 (0.9mm) stem for a VJ72. I have found that most VJ72's of this era used 1.2mm stems, so it's good to have a source for the correct piece. In the past, I have purchased NOS stems from Blake Scott, ttred29@earthlink.net.

you must try .... 270042877520 is a good choice you are free for me ... i have three semicomplete project going up ... this one is very interesting for the reason we told before....

I won the auction so the wait is on for delivery now. My watchmaker is going to service the movment and lube where required before removal and refit!

Need a VJ72 dial now!

I won the auction so the wait is on for delivery now. My watchmaker is going to service the movment and lube where required before removal and refit!

Need a VJ72 dial now!

glad for you ! :victory::thumbsupsmileyanim:

the last good dial i seen was on ebay... but probably some one here can help you to find one ....

i want to see some macro photo of this movement it seem very interesting

remember ...probably you must cut the feet of the dial.... but ask to people who sell it to you...

He is not interested in building these watches but he will check the movment and then the rest is up to me.

Time could be the biggest issue for me but I will try and get it done as soon as poss. Really need another dial first.

Does anyone know if DW still supplies dials and if so what are his contact methods? Thanks guys!

That's not a DW dial. That looks like it comes from the same factory as timeman's.

I exchanged emails with David this week, and he told me that it would be another 25 days before is updated and corrected dials are available.