When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seek And Bid To Find A Quite Good Val 72 Movement

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Slay, the owner of the project will see the part, i believe that most of the members here are passionately interested in rep watches, the challenge is to make it as close to gen as possible, that is the fun part. For me personally, i find the challenge of making the watch much more fun than the final outcome. This is a hobby, some people collect stamps and other things, if it was only for the green i would honestly not waste my time here nor searching for watch parts.

Edited by the collector

@ Slay, the owner of the project will see the part, i believe that most of the members here are passionately interested in rep watches, the challenge is to make it as close to gen as possible, that is the fun part. For me personally, i find the challenge of making the watch much more fun than the final outcome. This is a hobby, some people collect stamps and other things, if it was only for the green i would honestly not waste my time here nor searching for watch parts.

i agree (partly). i could fully understand you, if it was a visible part. but even you guys are most likely NOT going to open the caseback every few days, are you? (this would be very bad for the o rings!).

my point is, that something that's not visible is not a part of making something "close to genuine".

An AMG is an AMG. if you take a regular mercedes engine and just put an AMG plate on the engine, it is still not an AMG and will never be an AMG. And noone will even see the AMG plate on the engine, besides a car-dealer or potential buyer. still, buying an AMG body kit, rims and stuff will make your mercedes look like an AMG and sound like an AMG.

and also, i doubt anyone would collect a stamp, where the face of the stamp cannot be seen,because something is on top of it :)

just my opinion, if you guys feel better with that bridge, go ahead and buy it :)

for me only visible/technical improvements! i would even put a poljot movement inside my DW, if the dial would fit, but unfortunatly i think it does not!

returning on topic...

see this one 8942032081

Good to hear that we are back on the original topic. This one is very nice, i like it.

The bridge sold for $300+..... hopefully the prices will start to drop on those....

BTW klingsor, i have not forgotten or ignored the pictures you asked about, i just do not have time at the moment as my exams are soon., will take and post some here soon.

Edited by the collector

Guest avitt

3 h to the end and only 281 euro now.... see the movement... it's very clean...

3 hours is a lifetime on eBay...I'd start getting excited when there's 3 minutes left.

you are right ... but i have yet my 726... i was telling it for all those want to buy one ...for their 6263 project....

3 h are many but i'm looking at val 72 on ebay for a sort of sport... and only a few of val 72 are so cheap next to end...

the reason are many ...one of the first is that many auctions are not so visible like ebay want to know you... so must be able to find the item in several way...not every item are visible in every place in the world...did you know it?

another reason is that most users search some simple terms and don't do an advance search...

and some other ...

Valjoux 72 Family of Chronograph Movements:

Movement #: Description:

71 Large 15 Ligne version of Valjoux 72 (13 Ligne or just under)

72 Basic ‘Plain Jane’ Valjoux 72.

721 "Seafarer" Tides complication in 9 o'clock sub-dial...

722 Rolex variant with Breguet Overcoil & MicroStella Balance

72c/723 Tri-Date non-moonphase v.72

724 GMT complication

725 Fly-back complication, not certain it was ever produced in quantity

726 Improved v.72 movement.

727 Rolex version of 726 with Bruget Overcoil & MicroStella*

728 1 Register/Center Pinion Chrono Minute hand varitant.

729 GMT, probably v.726 with GMT complicaton added.

730 Another Triple-Date model, perhaps DDM v.726?

88 Triple-Date Moonphase model (v.723/72c with Moonphase)

is not my work but ... here for all :group:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...