When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Red Mbw 1680 From Luckyyy

manuel

Hi, I´ve just received a 1680 mbw from luckyyy. if you are reading this Luckyyy, thanks for this beatiful watch.

Well, it arrived at my office today, after three weeks. I had patience and i was told to wait. When it arrived i was so happy that i didn´t even ask the guy from letters and parcels about why they didn´t told me that.

I asked luckyyy for a white submariner, but he may considered i´d like the red instead.

I noticed that the lume on the dots don´t glow in the dark and the hands very little, but that is an easy fix.

the thing that bothered me a bit is that the bezel doesn´t sound, it doesnt play clicks, i thik it may be damaged, any fix?

all in all this is a very good looking watch...

but i will change the crown and the insert, and i will try to wonder whats about the bezel. Regards!

a pic:

56492-35402.jpg

other:

56492-35403.jpg

and other:

56492-35404.jpg

To Randy: granite power

56492-35405.jpg

Thanks for reading and don´t hesitate to make comments and suggestions.

Edited by manuel

Thanks Nanuq, you see i still have to learn a lot about vintages.

The thing i noticed is that the holes in the lugs are very small. See pic 3 and you´ll know what i am talking about.

I will change the crown, make holes bigger and put genuine springbars. Genuine cristal, sure!

What about changing movement and buying a Schild like ubiquitous does? It is just because the direction of the datewheel.

The hands are very new. I think I´ll need to vintagize it before wearing it.

But i feel lucky about having this precious watch in my hands.

:3a:

Excellent choice....i wish i could get an MBW watch but luckyyy doesnt even respond to my email (i didnt even blast him with tonnes...just 2 emails) ....how did you manage to get him to reply to you when you only joined a couple of months ago?

_Faide

The correct datewheel is not valid for current etas.

Ofrei sells them, but it counts opposite eta datewheel does. <_<

So we have to change the whole movement. Right Randy? :)

Correct, Manuel! The genuine Rolex cal 1570/5 has the datewheel rotating counterclockwise (ETAs rotate clockwise)...

Genuine silver datewheels:

56858-35370.jpg

56858-35371.jpg

And A.Schild movements (note the datewheel rotation):

56858-35372.jpg

56858-35373.jpg

56858-35374.jpg

;)

Edited by ubiquitous

Correct, Manuel! The genuine Rolex cal 1570/5 has the datewheel rotating counterclockwise (ETAs rotate clockwise)...

Genuine silver datewheels:

57065-35308.jpg

57065-35309.jpg

And A.Schild movements (note the datewheel rotation):

57065-35310.jpg

57065-35311.jpg

57065-35312.jpg

;)

ARGH Ubi,

i hate you ;)

Man,i need this datewheels.......

Please let me know wich AS-Movement this is.....

Thanks my friend

RG Tribal

Hi, I´ve just received a 1680 mbw from luckyyy. . . . I asked luckyyy for a white submariner, but he may considered i´d like the red instead. I noticed that the lume on the dots don´t glow in the dark and the hands very little . . . the thing that bothered me a bit is that the bezel doesn´t sound, it doesnt play clicks, i thik it may be damaged, any fix?

Oh no - I am terribly sorry to hear that you got one of those sad pieces of junk. The quality of reps these days! Who can you trust?

Tell you what, send it to me, and try again. I'll give you what you paid for it.

Am I a helpful kind of guy or what?

Bill

Oh no - I am terribly sorry to hear that you got one of those sad pieces of junk. The quality of reps these days! Who can you trust?

Tell you what, send it to me, and try again. I'll give you what you paid for it.

Bill

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

:lol:

Bill

Hi Bill, thanks for your kind offer. At first i tought it was broken, but nanuq told me thats teh way vintage bezels are and that rolex later changed that because it was bad and risky for diver people.

I am not going to sell it, the more i see it the more i like it :wub:

I was luckyyy and i love the raised crystal profile, it is much coherent to have a sub that would pass as an inherit watch than a shiny new sub...(i am 22)

Faide, PM sent

Regards and thanks a lot for your comments ^_^

Hi Bill, thanks for your kind offer. At first i tought it was broken, but nanuq told me thats teh way vintage bezels are and that rolex later changed that because it was bad and risky for diver people.

I am not going to sell it, the more i see it the more i like it :wub:

I was luckyyy and i love the raised crystal profile, it is much coherent to have a sub that would pass as an inherit watch than a shiny new sub...(i am 22)

Faide, PM sent

Regards and thanks a lot for your comments ^_^

Well I must say that I admire your strength and resilence, but if anyone else out there has one of these miserable MBW's, I'll relieve you of it . . . my generosity knows no bounds.

post-223-1148844796_thumb.jpg I need another Rx or two.

;)

Bill